Crazy Keogh hating

2 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

I totally understand your point. You are correct. You may say that these are scenarios - they are. That they are scenarios is my central point. Time and time again Keogh makes elementary defensive mistakes. 

Ok. As I will not be drawn into this point again - Bogle, Wisdom, AND Tomori etc make. ‘ elementary defensive mistakes, Hudds, Mount, Bryson, Johnson, Etc make elementary midfield mistakes and the latter have to clear it up often getting pulled out of position then blamed. If they. Didn’t they would be at Spurs , Chelsea etc.

You seem to have selective memory of games, forgetting some epic performances from RK and there not few and far between unlike a host of first team regulars. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who doesn't think Keogh is good enough for a good Championship team clearly doesn't watch any other championship teams play.

Just now, Inglorius said:

Still waiting......

Do you want me to re-post my original response mate? Your subsequent drivel doesn't really warrant further explanation does it? Nor does it in any way impact my thinking on your first post, the inference of which is clear to every man and his dog. You denying it doesn't change that one iota and it's a tad weird that you think it does. Your subsequent post pre-empting 'ridicule' merely confirms the point I made originally as well as having a pervasive whiff of straw about it. As for expecting me to be at your beck and call, get over yourself. You're not that interesting. You've made your point and I've made mine. There's nothing further worth pursuing really, is there?

11 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Those that are entirely avoidable in the first place. Like letting a high ball bounce under no pressure, turning your back completely on an attacker, heading the ball directly into the path of an attacker, putting yourself so badly out of position that you are completely out of the game.  The examples from Keogh that I gave from the last handful of games in fact. A decent CH would have avoided all of them.

And these errors lead to what?

Just now, Ruda Harliss said:

Ok. As I will not be drawn into this point again - Bogle, Wisdom, AND Tomori etc make. ‘ elementary defensive mistakes, Hudds, Mount, Bryson, Johnson, Etc make elementary midfield mistakes and the latter have to clear it up often getting pulled out of position then blamed. If they. Didn’t they would be at Spurs , Chelsea etc.

You seem to have selective memory of games, forgetting some epic performances from RK and there not few and far between unlike a host of first team regulars. 

Not sure I understand your point. 'Selective memory' Yes, if you ignore the basic errors ... but hang on, they are basic errors not slight mistakes. And they are typical Keogh. Which is why they get noticed. They are 'Oh now, he's done it again' moments. He stops doing it; I stop noticing it.

8 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Yes - they did. Keogh is a regular defender in a team that has failed to get out of this division. His mistakes have been a regular feature in the failure. Your suggestion that 50% - 70% of championship teams would take him for free kind of says it all IMHO.

So Keogh and Keogh alone is our reason for not getting promotion in the last 4 or 5 seasons. Perhaps you can point out his mistake in the play off final against QPR his fault. You need to look at the bigger picture. Did we win enough matches, did we score enough goals, did our strikers make mistakes and miss sitters, did the ref rob us in some games with bad decisions, did we have key players injured at key moments in certain seasons. Have other defenders cost us games. I could go on and on with different reasons for our failure to get promotion. But what i was pointing out, was the amount of managers that Derby have had. They've all had at least one transfer window to find a replacement better than him but did not acheive it. Why, you may ask, well thats because most that were better than him were with Premiership clubs.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Do you want me to re-post my original response mate? Your subsequent drivel doesn't really warrant further explanation does it? Nor does it in any way impact my thinking on your first post, the inference of which is clear to every man and his dog. You denying it doesn't change that one iota and it's a tad weird that you think it does. Your subsequent post pre-empting 'ridicule' merely confirms the point I made originally as well as having a pervasive whiff of straw about it. As for expecting me to be at your beck and call, get over yourself. You're not that interesting. You've made your point and I've made mine. There's nothing further worth pursuing really, is there?

No thanks your reply just confirms what I originally thought and has just confirmed it. Happy to debate anyone on here, I did ask specific questions which you've ignored and come back with inferences and generalisations which further confirms that you're unable to further the debate which I will now take as the matter now being closed.

I'm not your mate either.

2 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Not sure I understand your point. 'Selective memory' Yes, if you ignore the basic errors ... but hang on, they are basic errors not slight mistakes. And they are typical Keogh. Which is why they get noticed. They are 'Oh now, he's done it again' moments. He stops doing it; I stop noticing it.

You should ask @David to change your name to ChristKeogh. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

No thanks your reply just confirms what I originally thought and has just confirmed it. Happy to debate anyone on here, I did ask specific questions which you've ignored and come back with inferences and generalisations which further confirms that you're unable to further the debate which I will now take as the matter now being closed.

I'm not your mate either.

Really? ?

3 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

I wasn't aware that Tomori had been making basic defensive errors that have been costing us for the last 7 seasons.

Maybe, this might be controversial, but it might be a team that collectively (including managers tactics) have cost us  for the last 7 seasons??

Can’t remember a thread for a while on strikers missing sitters that would’ve taken 3pts for a while 

7 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

You just don’t mentally register how many mistakes other players make as your agenda is with RK and not the mistakes of the team as a whole 

17 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

And that is incontrovertible. The big issue is that you need someone next to him that is mature and more positionally aware, it is when he has been at his most successful. Unfortunately if we are to step up a level then we need to find either a CH to play alongside him or replace him. As we are looking for a long term plan then it must be the latter. That's not that controversial and if we said the same about Someone like Nuge not being at the same level now, this thread would not suffer the same degree of animosity as  RK thread solicits.

We can all state that, put two good seasoned centre halfs together will improve your team. Have two strikers that will get 20+ goals each, will also improve your team. I'm not going to disagree that looking for a better centre half is wrong. If we get promotion, it will be a must because Keogh would be out of depth playing regular Premiership football.

7 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Calm down fella, you must really hate Keogh, did he pinch your wife off you, or had a go at you about something, you really need to stop dreaming of Keogh you are obsessed with him, and by the way you are wrong, Keogh has been an excellent signing, and will carry on being, so I might have upset you, but I have watched Derby for years, and Keogh will always be remembered as a very good captain and player for DCFC. Might even return years later to be a very good Manager who knows.

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

You just don’t mentally register how many mistakes other players make as your agenda is with RK and not the mistakes of the team as a whole 

Never saw people on mass calling out Harry Wilson for his mistake against Norwich. Keogh is just the soft target.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Calm down fella, you must really hate Keogh, did he pinch your wife off you, or had a go at you about something, you really need to stop dreaming of Keogh you are obsessed with him, and by the way you are wrong, Keogh has been an excellent signing, and will carry on being, so I might have upset you, but I have watched Derby for years, and Keogh will always be remembered as a very good captain and player for DCFC. Might even return years later to be a very good Manager who knows.

Let's not go too far.

'Am I playing this weekend gaffer?

Erm, yes, no, like you say, yeah, no'.

Chaos, I tell thee!

Archived