Crazy Keogh hating

6 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

The examples that I gave regarding the basic mistakes that Keogh made in recent games are facts. It is my opinion that needlessly letting a high ball bounce, needlessly over committing and losing position as a result, turning your back on an attacker and heading the ball into the path of a forward are basic defensive errors. So yes, a mixture of facts and opinions.

I've just noticed your name .   I suspect your his evil twin playing in games where he makes mistakes.  The real Richard Keoghs in the bastille wearing an iron mask made out of his player of the year trophys.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Millwall have conceded 9 more goals than us this season so far.

If one player has such a big effect on a team, as seems to be the case with Keogh, why have Millwall conceded so many?

Could it be that the rest of the team isn't as good as ours? 

My point all along and for the last 5-6 years, apart from last year when I thought he probably played out his skin at times, is that he is a flawed player and makes too many mistakes, others see that too.

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

@86 points the facts I allude to, if there is anything that is serial, are that RK makes too many mistakes and pulls the team out of shape and  I asked the question with a simple example at the Norwich game. There are numerous others and I suggest you go through a number of replays with an unbiased view and you will understand why I and others reach that point of view.

as for replacements I haven't a clue, that is for folks way above my pay grade although my teenage sons perhaps have more broader opinions,  taking a more holistic league view.

Who do your lads suggest?

11 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Keogh is out wide on our right side facing towards one of their players. Their lad has the ball. Their lad does a bit of a shimmy. Keogh turns one way and then the other. Keogh quickly ends up with his back to their lad (who has hardly moved at that point). Their lad pushes the ball past Keogh (who has turned completely away from their lad). Their lad leaves Keogh behind and heads towards our goal.

Another of the basic tenets of defending - face the man; don't turn your back on the ball.

This is exactly what you are up against.

Picking a scenario to lambaste Keogh in a game. 

Take the same game, dicect it, using another player, you will be able to slate him repeatedly. 

Your reasoning Sir Is specious to the very definition.

I mean, can you remember that time when Fellani didn’t bother to put that challenge in and Hazard shimmied round him and scored?

??????

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I didn't, been away all NY. I might catch the 90 mins but then again it's Tony Pulis' Boro so I'll probably give it a miss. Just sounds like a mistake which I see every game at this level. Even at the highest level. Just had the Newcastle/United game on and there were mistakes all over the shop. Players caught on the ball for goals, keeper's at fault, defenders being done on toast... part of the game innit? 

For the sake of balance, did he do anything well? I don't expect Keogh to set oppo strikers up like he did vs Bristol City but you'll struggle to find a defender at this level who's as squeaky clean as you want them to be. 

It's the 'at this level' bit though. IMHO Keogh is just about 'at this level'. But his errors are too costly and have kept us 'at this level' for too long. Time for a change.

You can argue all day long, whether Keogh is good or bad. But lets look at some facts. Nigel Clough signed him and played him. Stevie Mac played him, So did Clements, Pearson and Rowett. If he was really bad these managers would have found a replacement. Even Martin O'Neil picked him for Ireland. Over the last 7 seasons he's been a regular in the Derby side, which for the last 5 have been competing at the top end of the championship. My opinion is quite simple, He is not the best centre half in the championship because that would be always argued. But if you offered him away free, I am sure 50% to 70% would sign him on in the championship. He is in my opinion, a good championship standard centre half, but would struggle in the premiership.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

This is exactly what you are up against.

Picking a scenario to lambaste Keogh in a game. 

Take the same game, dicect it, using another player, you will be able to slate him repeatedly. 

Your reasoning Sir Is specious to the very definition.

I mean, can you remember that time when Fellani didn’t bother to put that challenge in and Hazard shimmied round him and scored?

??????

I totally understand your point. You are correct. You may say that these are scenarios - they are. That they are scenarios is my central point. Time and time again Keogh makes elementary defensive mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

You can argue all day long, whether Keogh is good or bad. But lets look at some facts. Nigel Clough signed him and played him. Stevie Mac played him, So did Clements, Pearson and Rowett. If he was really bad these managers would have found a replacement. Even Martin O'Neil picked him for Ireland. Over the last 7 seasons he's been a regular in the Derby side, which for the last 5 have been competing at the top end of the championship. My opinion is quite simple, He is not the best centre half in the championship because that would be always argued. But if you offered him away free, I am sure 50% to 70% would sign him on in the championship. He is in my opinion, a good championship standard centre half, but would struggle in the premiership.

This is all the people that stick up for him are really saying, the haters completely disregard this thinking we deserve a top six premiership CB for some reason.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Yes - they did. Keogh is a regular defender in a team that has failed to get out of this division. His mistakes have been a regular feature in the failure. Your suggestion that 50% - 70% of championship teams would take him for free kind of says it all IMHO.

2 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Pointless debate. Proved my point you cannot criticise RK on this forum.  FL will prove me right I am sure because he knows and understands football. Last key point is that I have been proven right (And many others who dare say the same) for six successive seasons that with him we have not made promotion.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

You're weeing in the wind my friend,  the forum mafia will be out in force to stomp on your opinions if they don't fit in to their ways of thinking regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

25 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

That was your second mistake, you will now get ridiculed for your absurd player suggestions by the FIFA 19 aficionados 

23 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

@86 points and your reply was?

straw2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Could it be that the rest of the team isn't as good as ours? 

My point all along and for the last 5-6 years, apart from last year when I thought he probably played out his skin at times, is that he is a flawed player and makes too many mistakes, others see that too.

But according to some, not looked back to see if you are included, one single player is all that it takes to decide promotion.

Surely to do a proper comparison of Cooper to Keogh you need to compare both teams back lines too then?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What mistakes that centre-halves make are not elementary? 

Those that are entirely avoidable in the first place. Like letting a high ball bounce under no pressure, turning your back completely on an attacker, heading the ball directly into the path of an attacker, putting yourself so badly out of position that you are completely out of the game.  The examples from Keogh that I gave from the last handful of games in fact. A decent CH would have avoided all of them.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

And that is incontrovertible. The big issue is that you need someone next to him that is mature and more positionally aware, it is when he has been at his most successful. Unfortunately if we are to step up a level then we need to find either a CH to play alongside him or replace him. As we are looking for a long term plan then it must be the latter. That's not that controversial and if we said the same about Someone like Nuge not being at the same level now, this thread would not suffer the same degree of animosity as  RK thread solicits.

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Pointless debating with a Keogh hater, complete exercise in futility.

Their patter is abysmal normally. I have a typical one behind me. My NYs resolution was not to argue with him, which was severely tested when (I can’t remember who now) went down injured in our box first half, looked serious and he quipped “shame it’s not Keogh “ ?

They tend to moan all game about how poo it is, when not every move doesn’t end up with an attempt on goal, slate players that make a bad play, but then champion them minutes later when successful. 

The only person they don’t extend that moronic courtesy is of course is RK.

The fact that they use the fact the last 5 managers didn’t know what they were doing to their argument (not winning promotion) is astounding. Also that FL knows this but for some unknown reason isn’t doing anything about it, but Will still prove them right is quite a way of thinking.

Facts like getting POTY twice and the captains band seems to allude them. They will miss him when he’s gone, nowhere will you find another player for £1 million who gives as much to a club under so much criticism.

Could not agree more, have a like from me, The haters can hate, but Keogh is going nowhere, apart from the premier league with Derby and Frank.

3 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Those that are entirely avoidable in the first place. Like letting a high ball bounce under no pressure, turning your back completely on an attacker, heading the ball directly into the path of an attacker, putting yourself so badly out of position that you are completely out of the game.  The examples from Keogh that I gave from the last handful of games in fact. A decent CH would have avoided all of them.

You must detest Tomori...

3 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

And that is incontrovertible. The big issue is that you need someone next to him that is mature and more positionally aware, it is when he has been at his most successful. Unfortunately if we are to step up a level then we need to find either a CH to play alongside him or replace him. As we are looking for a long term plan then it must be the latter. That's not that controversial and if we said the same about Someone like Nuge not being at the same level now, this thread would not suffer the same degree of animosity as  RK thread solicits.

If Nuge had been missing sitters for the last 7 years and had been the first choice CF over that time I suggest that he would be getting the same level of accurate and reasonable criticism right now as Keogh receives.

12 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

I totally understand your point. You are correct. You may say that these are scenarios - they are. That they are scenarios is my central point. Time and time again Keogh makes elementary defensive mistakes. 

Time and time again he's our most consistent performer chosen by people who have spent their whole life involved in the game and don't appear to have spotted all of these elementary mistakes he so often makes, either they can't see how bad he is or you're exaggerating a bit or you're Alex Pearce.

Archived