Crazy Keogh hating

Keogh was poor at Reading no doubt about that, on Saturday he was our best centre half no doubt about that, Keogh has given his all for this club and still is a great defender at this level, Keogh will not hide, and in a few games time we will all be singing his praises as normal, also Frank knows how important he will be to us this season, and that is all that matters.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

That’s because he has a 7 year history of making mistakes - I’m bored of his endless scatty errors, if we want promotion, it’s not going to be with him in the team.

the guy is like origami- folds under pressure!

he does try his best though...

I eagerly await your list of Championship centre backs that don't make errors.

I'll ask you the same question, would you start Pearce ahead of Keogh?

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But what about Tomori's mistakes that led to at least 2 goals on Saturday? If Keogh had made them the lynch mob would want his head on a platter. 

Second goal was particularly poor, granted. If Tomori is still making that same mistake in 6 years, you'd be very worried. 

That's the issue. It's the same thing over and over again. 

Getting caught out of position. Running the ball 20 yards then slamming it straight to the feet of an opposing player. Backing off and backing off, and then diving on the floor allowing an opponent a free shot as he hasn't actually put a challenge in. Arguing with the referee while the game continues with him miles out of position. All these things have happened in the part couple of games, but they have happened for 6 years. They say a week in a long time in football. 6 years.

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Keogh was poor at Reading no doubt about that, on Saturday he was our best centre half no doubt about that, Keogh has given his all for this club and still is a great defender at this level, Keogh will not hide, and in a few games time we will all be singing his praises as normal, also Frank knows how important he will be to us this season, and that is all that matters.

Why was Curtis doing the post match interviews, when we lost, even before he became captain, and tweeted as much? Saying I don't hide, why do you think it's me doing the interviews after we've been beat.

I'd be massively concerned if a players performance depended on the backing of the 5% of Derby fans who post on this forum, if that!

This is the perfect place to discuss a players merits or not, and whatever we post on here should have absolutely nothing to do with their subsequent performances.

Every fan has the right to an opinion, this is after all, a fans forum where we give our opinions

on what we see. What is so shocking is the level of criticism and abuse aimed at Keogh for

losing the game because of 3/4 intercepted passes.

Anyone who watched this match, expert/or not, would have to agree that Leeds were at least a 9

and Derby a 6, based on pass completion, tactics etc. We are still integrating new/younger players

into the mix, and changing the way we play which certainly showed.

We can play alot better than that, as we saw preseason , but, IT IS NOT KEOGH'S FAULT.

Anyone who thought we were going to send em back up north after a hammering is living in lalaland,

best we could have hoped for was to give them the runaround and stop them scoring, which would

have received the plaudits, wasn't to be thou.

Keogh and Davies is the best CB partnership at the club. What they need (What the best CBs in the world need) is for adequate protection and tracking of runners from midfield, for their full backs not to lose the ball way out of position and for our deep lying midfielders to take ownership of the ball.

Keogh really isn't the problem. For 30 or so games a season he's consistent and reliable for 10 he's the best defender in the league and for 3-4 he makes some glaring mistakes. It's been the same for the entire time he's been here and yet some 'fans' only come out after the bad games. Some of our players have entire seasons where they're garbage and get less vitriol than Keogh.

just watched the full 90 back to see if I was at a different game to the Keogh haters. Apart from a few misplaced passes and perhaps being turned a bit easily for their third he played ok. certainly a lot worse performers around him on the day. 

12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Seriously the best defender, Tomori was better then keogh and its only his first game. Keogh makes far to many high profile blunders and has done for a number of years. Its time he had some time on the sidelines or in a completely different team. Ive never been a keogh hater but enough is enough now.

21 hours ago, ram1964 said:

So your suggesting the only reason we haven't been promoted is because of Keogh. ????

that must be the most ludicrous ideology posted in the history of this forum.

I'm sure someone once defended Claude Davis and I even read one time that florest were all right which is blasphemy of the highest order. 

16 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Top 10 is a bit generous IMO  midtable mediocrity standard e.g  12 to 16 th placed teams is more realistic , he was good for most of last season but to say he has gone to poo this season would be a compliment,

Since he has been here we have never finished below 10th, so you are saying that we finished where we have despite Keogh playing every game bar 20 in 6 seasons (including cup games). It has to be everyone else has dragged this team up to a higher standard. 

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Seriously the best defender, Tomori was better then keogh and its only his first game. Keogh makes far to many high profile blunders and has done for a number of years. Its time he had some time on the sidelines or in a completely different team. Ive never been a keogh hater but enough is enough now.

Again: if our best ball playing centre-half is repeatedly giving the ball away;

A. Don’t you have to ask why?

B. If Keogh is making mistakes ON the ball just how much of a disaster will Pearce/Davies be?

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Again: if our best ball playing centre-half is repeatedly giving the ball away;

A. Don’t you have to ask why?

B. If Keogh is making mistakes ON the ball just how much of a disaster will Pearce/Davies be?

You’re absolutely right to highlight this, but Keogh was also guilty of playing heavy passes to players who were tightly marked. He did this to Bryson, Mount and Wisdom at times. As you well know, playing a pass to a player like that just sells them short and forces them to either pass straight backwards or possibly lose the ball. You could argue that they should be making more of an effort to get free of their marker, but Keogh still holds some blame for his part in this.

We are in the championship and plenty of other teams will be bombarding our defence this season airily and we will need Keogh Davies wisdom and Forsyth and Huddlestone to head it away and put thier body on the line to stop it going in our net - looking at Saturday against Leeds we didn’t have many with intention or ability 

3 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I'll repeat what I said to another poster, the fact that some sloppy passes by Keogh are seen as more high profile blunders than Tomori costing us 2 goals, tells you all you need to know about the mindset of the Keogh bashers. 

Im not even defending his performances in the opening 2 games, he was very poor against Reading and not great against Leeds, but am completely baffled as to how he has been singled out for criticism following Saturdays defeat.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

You’re absolutely right to highlight this, but Keogh was also guilty of playing heavy passes to players who were tightly marked. He did this to Bryson, Mount and Wisdom at times. As you well know, playing a pass to a player like that just sells them short and forces them to either pass straight backwards or possibly lose the ball. You could argue that they should be making more of an effort to get free of their marker, but Keogh still holds some blame for his part in this.

I think this comes down the the same problem with the midfield though

We seem to be playing a rotating midfield - When the defence has the ball Bryson and Mount are dropping in and Ledley vanishes off up[ the pitch

Major problem is - The midfield don't know where they're supposed to be at any given moment - And the defenders don't know where they're gonna be either - Have to hit a sharpish ball to people if they're a little further away from you which is what the defence is being forced to do

Play an actual DM in the hole and you create little passes for the CBs to play - Or in Keogh's case give him a range of options, short pass, longer pass, run forwards and still covered, play out to full-back - By not having the DM pivot when on the attack you restrict all the possibilities to a single, very predictable option

Just re-watched the goals from the Leeds game

1) Lowe out of position, Ledley moved to cover, no DM cover - Ledley should have been exactly where the shot was taken from

2) Tomori woefully out of position/loses his man completely

3) Wilson (I think) stupidly loses the ball with a terrible pass - Tomori loses his man - Koegh gets beaten

4) Tomori misses the header, Lowe lost his man, Keogh lost his man

I think for the third you can possibly have a pop at Keogh but it would be a little unfair - Since the mistakes weren't his

The final goal is partly Koegh's faulty cos he did make an actual mistake there losing his man but I'd argue the bigger mistakes had already been made

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just re-watched the goals from the Leeds game

1) Lowe out of position, Ledley moved to cover, no DM cover - Ledley should have been exactly where the shot was taken from

2) Tomori woefully out of position/loses his man completely

3) Wilson (I think) stupidly loses the ball with a terrible pass - Tomori loses his man - Koegh gets beaten

4) Tomori misses the header, Lowe lost his man, Keogh lost his man

I think for the third you can possibly have a pop at Keogh but it would be a little unfair - Since the mistakes weren't his

The final goal is partly Koegh's faulty cos he did make an actual mistake there losing his man but I'd argue the bigger mistakes had already been made

I wouldn't say Lowe was "out of position". He lost the ball on the edge of their box through over dribbling it.

And "Keogh gets beaten" for the 3rd was where he tried to block the shot?

Can't remember the roles of Keogh or Lower for the 4th apart from the ball over the top which Tomori should have cleared

Archived