Crazy Keogh hating

45 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The problem is he's getting no options to pass to after Carson passes out to him - What do you want him to do then? Just hoof it?

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

This is exactly what I think it is too

You can only do the simple thing if that's an option... If there's no one to pass to then the simple option is back to the keeper - You want to watch a game where Keogh and Carson just keep passing it back and forth?

Sorry Cheron, but YES!

Both of those actions are preferable to trying a pass that isn't on and playing a square ball to the feet of an oncoming attacker, giving them a goalscoring opportuinity! It's plain stupidity to try to make passes that don't exist, a brainless action!

Once you've got the ball to safety then have a massive rant at your teammates about how little they're showing for the ball, they're more likely to listen to your frustrations if you haven't just given them a heart attack by giving the ball away 25 yards from goal.

One odd thing about Keogh is that he only really produces good passing on the floor, ask him to switch play or hit it over the top to a winger and he's hopeless.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll repeat what I said to another poster, the fact that some sloppy passes by Keogh are seen as more high profile blunders than Tomori costing us 2 goals, tells you all you need to know about the mindset of the Keogh bashers. 

Im not even defending his performances in the opening 2 games, he was very poor against Reading and not great against Leeds, but am completely baffled as to how he has been singled out for criticism following Saturdays defeat.

The only goal that was his fault was the fourth goal the second goal lowe should of attacked that or Carson needs to come of his line and claim it. The ball was floated 40 yards. 

Back to the point i was making. Keogh consistently gives the ball away in dangerous positions and could of easily cost us 2 to 3 goals in that game if Leeds had finished it off. He isnt a quality defender, yes he trys hard but that isnt enough for a team pushing for promotion. The odd game he has a really good game but is still prone to a mistake or two. He loses Derby as a whole around 4 games a season.

32 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

The only goal that was his fault was the fourth goal the second goal lowe should of attacked that or Carson needs to come of his line and claim it. The ball was floated 40 yards. 

Back to the point i was making. Keogh consistently gives the ball away in dangerous positions and could of easily cost us 2 to 3 goals in that game if Leeds had finished it off. He isnt a quality defender, yes he trys hard but that isnt enough for a team pushing for promotion. The odd game he has a really good game but is still prone to a mistake or two. He loses Derby as a whole around 4 games a season.

Which 4 did he lose us last season?

Personally dont hate any of our players but my personal opinion is I really do not rate him in the type of system we will be playing. Agree he does get singled out at times for bizzare criticism but I would also say he has been very poor first 2 games (as have a good few others).

I did smile at some comments after the Leeds debacle - Leeds are this season Wolves...etc etc....there is no chance that Leeds are this seasons Wolves - no chance...they have a settled team and a very solid tactical manager - I honestly thought we would struggle - but there is no chance whatsoever that Leeds run away with this league - none!

(Tag this post for a Christmas review :) )

keogh is a tryer and saved us more than he has lost us. getting on now maybe time for new legs but hes still doing a job , maybe he should pass the ball more than going on a run which he does well but dangerously so. maybe moving the ball forward and not giving it away would be perfect.

2 minutes ago, flamin said:

keogh is a tryer and saved us more than he has lost us. getting on now maybe time for new legs but hes still doing a job , maybe he should pass the ball more than going on a run which he does well but dangerously so. maybe moving the ball forward and not giving it away would be perfect.

How many times has he scored a winning goal?  HE WILL ONLY EVER BE REMEMBERED FOR ONE THING IN A DERBY SHIRT.

1 minute ago, osmaston ram said:

How many times has he scored a winning goal?  HE WILL ONLY EVER BE REMEMBERED FOR ONE THING IN A DERBY SHIRT.

If you’re talking about Wembley it’s only narrow minded fans who will remember that over anything else. Speaking of Wembley why did Buxton not get any grief for that goal? Anyway, hope Keogh has another good season like last and shuts up the moaners. 

5 minutes ago, osmaston ram said:

Only by idiots.

He's saved us more points than he's cost us and any Derby fan with half a brain or more will know that.

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

If you’re talking about Wembley it’s only narrow minded fans who will remember that over anything else. Speaking of Wembley why did Buxton not get any grief for that goal? Anyway, hope Keogh has another good season like last and shuts up the moaners. 

Your reply says I am right though?

17 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

only if they don't agree with yours,that's rubbish mate,every one is entitled to there opinion just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't make it any less valid

It was a joke buddy - Don't take it to heart ?

However - A strong opinion should be backed up by something - Otherwise it's just "cos that's what I think" - That's not very compelling

17 hours ago, Coconut said:

Sorry Cheron, but YES!

Both of those actions are preferable to trying a pass that isn't on and playing a square ball to the feet of an oncoming attacker, giving them a goalscoring opportuinity! It's plain stupidity to try to make passes that don't exist, a brainless action!

Once you've got the ball to safety then have a massive rant at your teammates about how little they're showing for the ball, they're more likely to listen to your frustrations if you haven't just given them a heart attack by giving the ball away 25 yards from goal.

One odd thing about Keogh is that he only really produces good passing on the floor, ask him to switch play or hit it over the top to a winger and he's hopeless.

I don't understand - You're saying that we have the ball from a goal kick - Carson plays it out to Keogh - And if no easy pass is on then putting the ball out of play or hoofing it to our relatively small forward line should be his next step? Might as well beg Rowett to come back if we're going to do that

Successful attacks are usually from people taking risks - You don't want your CB to be taking those risks - But if the team around him aren't getting themselves into simple positions he has to try a more complex pass - Which doesn't work 50% of the time

If Keogh started hoofing the ball out of play/straight to the opposition in their half you'd be whining at him for doing that too I suspect - Yes, the passes he's been making have been poor - But football is a team game and there's plenty of responsibility to go round at the moment

Just now, osmaston ram said:

Where have we gone in 6/7 seasons with him as player or skipper. in truth nowhere.

He didn’t play some silly diamond, not play a DM and not work on defensive set-pieces?

He’s not the one who injured eight of his teammates, including all but one of his potential partners?

He didn’t spunk £25,000,000 up the wall on players who don’t fit?

He’s not the one who tried to turn a free-flowing 4-3-3 side into a counter-attacking 4-4-2 side without any incomings until late August?

He’s not the one who tried to make the team more open when it still had vulnerabilities?

He’s not the one who set the team up without any real system?

He’s not the one who keeps appointing managers with vastly different philosophies everytime there’s a vacancy?

17 minutes ago, osmaston ram said:

Grimsby in the cup last year

Plus he got the first in a 2-1 win against Leicester in like 12/13 season? Might not technically have been the winner but without the goal we wouldn't have got the points

Plus I think at least two of his other goals have come in draws - So won points

13 minutes ago, Davide said:

I'd like to know why, against 10 men, when we were MUCH the better team - No-one mentions that our forwards didn't score...

Ward, Martin, Russell - Hendrick and Hughes in behind - Thorne playing brilliantly

No-one has a go at them for not scoring for 90 mins despite 68% possession and 16 shots

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

How can a 4-1 loss in which we were under the cosh all game be a single player’s fault? ???

Almost like it's not a team game eh?

Or did Keogh play on his own that day? If so - Against 11 players - That's a pretty impressive result

27 minutes ago, osmaston ram said:

I really find your logic underwhelming.

Have you considered that whilst Keogh has been a Derby player (Under I think someone previously stated 10 managers) he has always been a starter, other than an odd game or two.

Now I often have an issue with a Managers selection, that's football, it's a game of opinions.

But consider this, 10 managers choose Richard Keogh, as opposed to not selecting him, or showing him the door. I think that says more about you're knowledge than theirs.

17 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I really find your logic underwhelming.

Have you considered that whilst Keogh has been a Derby player (Under I think someone previously stated 10 managers) he has always been a starter, other than an odd game or two.

Now I often have an issue with a Managers selection, that's football, it's a game of opinions.

But consider this, 10 managers choose Richard Keogh, as opposed to not selecting him, or showing him the door. I think that says more about you're knowledge than theirs.

I know it is baffling.

Archived