Crazy Keogh hating

1 minute ago, curb said:

Ah, the I'm entitled to my opinion' defence.

You're not just voicing an opinion though, you're going out of your way to slate a player who's been an ever present in our team for what, five, six years.

I've compared this weekend's slating of Keogh to a shoal of pirhanas, one whiff of blood and you're all diving in there to get your dig in.

Again I'll ask, do you think this is good for the club?

Keogh certainly isn't the worst player I've seen here and tends to do better given a specific task- against Italy for the ROI and in the playoffs against Serbia for Euro2016 he was immense doing a man marking job.  He does tend too lose his head if he makes a mistake in a game- he can't seem to shake it off, I agree this can be an issue..  It also doesn't help if he's constantly covering for missing fullbacks like Saturday either.  Most of this stems from the QPR Wembley match of course- should he have cleared it yes ,  should Buxton have stopped the cross and been more aware, even more of a yes .  

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I see him make the same mistakes again and again. I find that frustrating. But you're right, others do too. The difference is, the others get dropped, given a spell out the team or ultimately moved on. He, for whatever reason, seems to be above this. Personally I find that frustrating as many others do. 

Because he'll have a couple of bad games a season, during which people like you jump down his throat and completely ignore the great performances he puts in during the rest of the season. If he was as bad as you made out he wouldn't have been in the team of the year a few seasons ago, he wouldn't be an international and he wouldn't be consistently picked ahead of other center backs at the club by many different managers.

Granted, I thought he was poor the other day and if Davies is fit I'd play him and Tomori next game. However that doesn't make him a poo player by any stretch of the imagination, I just think Tomori had a blinder and needs to be rewarded after such a performance.

18 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I see him make the same mistakes again and again. I find that frustrating. But you're right, others do too. The difference is, the others get dropped, given a spell out the team or ultimately moved on. He, for whatever reason, seems to be above this. Personally I find that frustrating as many others do. 

Maybe because the good things he does massively outweigh the mistakes he makes (although that is not the case yet this season).

Maybe because you want him to make mistakes to make your opinion of him look right you are constantly watching and waiting to pick up on anything bad he does?

Keogh may have been at fault for one of the goals on Saturday and is getting slated. Tomori at fault for at least 2 yet seems to be getting praised, that shows the mindset of our fans to me.

Genuine question, would you rather Pearce started ahead of Keogh? 

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Because he'll have a couple of bad games a season, during which people like you jump down his throat and completely ignore the great performances he puts in during the rest of the season. If he was as bad as you made out he wouldn't have been in the team of the year a few seasons ago, he wouldn't be an international and he wouldn't be consistently picked ahead of other center backs at the club by many different managers.

Granted, I thought he was poor the other day and if Davies is fit I'd play him and Tomori next game. However that doesn't make him a poo player by any stretch of the imagination, I just think Tomori had a blinder and needs to be rewarded after such a performance.

He didn't though, he gave away a free header for the second goal, and gave the ball away just as much as anyone else.

Although he didn't make a mistake in the play off final 5 years ago, so he must be OK.

29 minutes ago, curb said:

Ah, the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' defence. 

You're not just voicing an opinion though, you're going out of your way to slate a player who's been an ever present in our team for what, five, six years.

I've compared this weekend's slating of Keogh to a shoal of pirhanas, one whiff of blood and you're all diving in there to get your dig in.

It's not the old "I'm entitled to my opinion" defence. I AM entitled to my opinion, so there is no defence required. 

Do i think my opinions on Keogh do any good for the club? No,  I don't think so. It's a football forum. I don't think anyone's opinions here, including yours, do any good for the club. 

30 minutes ago, curb said:

Ah, the 'I'm entitled to my opinion' defence. 

514D21DF-D529-4EB5-BFB4-E51E1D0DB489.png

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe because the good things he does massively outweigh the mistakes he makes (although that is not the case yet this season).

Maybe because you want him to make mistakes to make your opinion of him look right you are constantly watching and waiting to pick up on anything bad he does?

Keogh may have been at fault for one of the goals on Saturday and is getting slated. Tomori at fault for at least 2 yet seems to be getting praised, that shows the mindset of our fans to me.

Genuine question, would you rather Pearce started ahead of Keogh? 

I don't want Keogh to fail. I want him to make me look a right see you next Tuesday, when he lifts the championship, having cut out all the stupidity from his game. That's my genuine want. 

I would rather we had replaced him 3 or 4 years ago. But for now I would like to see Davies fit and along side Tamori. 

6 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

It's not the old "I'm entitled to my opinion" defence. I AM entitled to my opinion, so there is no defence required. 

Do i think my opinions on Keogh do any good for the club? No,  I don't think so. It's a football forum. I don't think anyone's opinions here, including yours, do any good for the club. 

My opinion probably doesn't do any good for the club, but slating the players like this does do harm, especially when it transcends to the stands like it did on Saturday, like I said, it becomes a feeding frenzy and it suddenly becomes socially acceptable to stick the knife in, so everyone joins in.

You don't have to though, you could take responsiblilty for your own comments and actions, and realise that it isn't for the good of the club in the long run.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

4 hours ago, Ramchester said:

I have tried to bite my tongue on this @Wrightdcfc but honestly, do you think it's just an act and that he wouldn't want Derby to be promoted? Thats the exact sort of crap that is being spouted that is just complete nonsense. You may not think he is an adequate centre half for us, but to debate his attitude is simply ridiculous.

Having had half a dozen managers pick him as their captain and a relative ever present since he's been here, I don't think his commitment or loyalty should be in debate. As for him not wanting Derby to be promoted, jeez, you are talking utter nonsense. 

Again I'm all for having a rational conversation about Keogh, maybe there are better options available, but his loyalty should never be questioned. 

I think you have jumped to conclusions and blown this a little out of proportion from what I was actually getting at. 

Just now, curb said:

My opinion probably doesn't do any good for the club, but slating the players like this does do harm, especially when it transcends to the stands like it did on Saturday, like I said, it becomes a feeding frenzy and it suddenly becomes socially acceptable to stick the knife in, so everyone joins in.

You don't have to though, you could take responsiblilty for your own comments and actions, and realise that it isn't for the good of the club in the long run.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

Nah, I wouldn't. Because I've never once booed Keogh, but when I'm on a football forum, I'll voice my opinion, as everyone else does. 

14 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Couldn’t agree more people have a mixed barrel of views some will call it breakfast, lunch, dinner. Others will call it breakfast, dinner, tea. Some say keogh is dyer others worships the ground he walks on. 

23 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I don't want Keogh to fail. I want him to make me look a right see you next Tuesday, when he lifts the championship, having cut out all the stupidity from his game. That's my genuine want. 

I would rather we had replaced him 3 or 4 years ago. But for now I would like to see Davies fit and along side Tamori. 

But what about Tomori's mistakes that led to at least 2 goals on Saturday? If Keogh had made them the lynch mob would want his head on a platter. 

15 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Couldn’t agree more people have a mixed barrel of views some will call it breakfast, lunch, dinner. Others will call it breakfast, dinner, tea. Some say keogh is dyer others worships the ground he walks on. 

Except for when it harms the club you profess to support.

TBH, I wouldn't normally care what an individual thinks, especially an ignorant one, but when it becomes a witch hunt like this has, then it's a different matter.

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

46 minutes ago, curb said:

He didn't though, he gave away a free header for the second goal, and gave the ball away just as much as anyone else.

Although he didn't make a mistake in the play off final 5 years ago, so he must be OK.

What it shows is that you're so willing to defend every mistake Keogh has ever made and throw everyone else under a bus to do so that you're directly measuring the performance of a 20 year old defender with 36 career appearances to his name that of 32 year old defender with 497 appearances as if they they're supposed to be perfoming to the same standard.

Every excuse under the sun is given to Keogh when he does something wrong, it's as if he's the young defender who just needs a bit of guidance.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

What it shows is that you're so willing to defend every mistake Keogh has ever made and throw everyone else under a bus to do so that you're directly measuring the performance of a 20 year old defender with 36 career appearances to his name that of 32 year old defender with 497 appearances as if they they're supposed to be perfoming to the same standard.

Every excuse under the sun is given to Keogh when he does something wrong, it's as if he's the young defender who just needs a bit of guidance.

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus.

Just pointing out that other players made mistakes that directly cost us goals yet all the focus appears to be on Keoghs mistakes. 

So let's just throw in a young defender with 36 appearances and discard a player who was pretty much faultless for the whole of last season because he misplaced one pass in the first game at Reading?

It's not me throwing him under a bus ?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just pointing out that other players made mistakes that directly cost us goals yet all the focus appears to be on Keoghs mistakes. 

I know you're not really, it just gets ridiculous both ways, but of course the focus is on the senior player making mistakes, he's supposed to have grown out of playing the game like a 20 year old.

7 minutes ago, curb said:

So let's just throw in a young defender with 36 appearances and discard a player who was pretty much faultless for the whole of last season because he misplaced one pass in the first game at Reading?

It's not me throwing him under a bus ?

Err, no.

Let's just not absolve Keogh of any blame and dismiss the opinion of anyone who's unhappy with his performance as a 'hater' by directly comparing his performance to that of a player who has less than a tenth of his playing experience.

Blaming Keogh for everything is stupid (I haven't done that, I do like him), but equally defending every mistake he's ever made by saying 'yes but what about this player, he also made mistakes' is stupid because you're not comparing like for like.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That’s because he has a 7 year history of making mistakes - I’m bored of his endless scatty errors, if we want promotion, it’s not going to be with him in the team.

the guy is like origami- folds under pressure!

he does try his best though...

Archived