Crazy Keogh hating

30 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Grimsby in the cup last year

Plus he got the first in a 2-1 win against Leicester in like 12/13 season? Might not technically have been the winner but without the goal we wouldn't have got the points

Plus I think at least two of his other goals have come in draws - So won points

I'd like to know why, against 10 men, when we were MUCH the better team - No-one mentions that our forwards didn't score...

Ward, Martin, Russell - Hendrick and Hughes in behind - Thorne playing brilliantly

No-one has a go at them for not scoring for 90 mins despite 68% possession and 16 shots

Almost like it's not a team game eh?

Or did Keogh play on his own that day? If so - Against 11 players - That's a pretty impressive result

The only day I have seen Keogh make the perfect pass.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, cannable said:

How can a 4-1 loss in which we were under the cosh all game be a single player’s fault? ???

Wasn’t QPR under the cosh for 90 minutes at Wembley? , didn’t seem to remember the centre back playing like he’d two left feet that day. You sound like your insinuating because we shipped 4 that day it was all Keoghs fault, pretty poor reading of the game if that’s the case, the fact as it is was regarding of how many goals we would have shipped that day it was one of the worst centre back displays I have ever seen , from positional play , to bollocking his own team mates for his mistakes.

21 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It's really interesting people's views on Chris Martin and Richard Keogh.

I have made my views on Chris Martin in the thread on his thread in transfer Rumours.

However my appreciation for Richard Keogh is high. As I have previously stated.

If a player (be it Keogh or a. n. other  DCFC player) gives his all, effort and determination wise, then I will always back him. As in life I appreciate hard work and effort above all else. Yes talent and ability are nice, but nothing without the former.

And in Richard Keogh, all I have ever seen is a guy who would put his body on the line for Derby, a man who gives his complete maximum effort, when he walks off a pitch at the end of the match, you watch him. He has given his all!

Also other posters on here who are lavish in their praise of CM choose to ignore other successful managers who didn't really rate CM, but they are derided. However, which manager (and we have had plenty) didn't play Keogh? I wonder why.

Keogh epitomises the strength of character we need, yes he hasn't had the best of starts to the season, he looks rusty, or maybe he is finding building a partnership with the midfield newcomers difficult. I don't know, but hopefully he will find his feet again quickly as we certainly need him, we have a lot of new players and I think we need some stability going forward.

So to summarise, it's ok for you to deride Martin but not for others to do the same to a player you rate? Martin really needs to play in a 4-3-3 which explains why Pearce and Rowett (the 'successful' managers you refer to) didn't fancy him. How about instead of rewriting history, we back both of the lads in question, or is that asking too much? 

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So to summarise, it's ok for you to deride Martin but not for others to do the same to a player you rate? Martin really needs to play in a 4-3-3 which explains why Pearce and Rowett (the 'successful' managers you refer to) didn't fancy him. How about instead of rewriting history, we back both of the lads in question, or is that asking too much? 

I think if you read my posts you would understand why.

I will not back a player I feel is not giving 100% , just because he wears a Derby shirt is irrelevant.

I will back any player (irrelevant of ability) if they give their best.

It's a principle, I work too hard to follow like a lamb a player I don't think gives 100%.

It's an opinion, my opinion, so I hope you understand now?

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think if you read my posts you would understand why.

I will not back a player I feel is not giving 100% , just because he wears a Derby shirt is irrelevant.

I will back any player (irrelevant of ability) if they give their best.

It's a principle, I work too hard to follow like a lamb a player I don't think gives 100%.

It's an opinion, my opinion, so I hope you understand now?

Reading your posts scarcely makes them any more comprehensible but you crack on mate, it's all good ?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I don't understand - You're saying that we have the ball from a goal kick - Carson plays it out to Keogh - And if no easy pass is on then putting the ball out of play or hoofing it to our relatively small forward line should be his next step? Might as well beg Rowett to come back if we're going to do that

Successful attacks are usually from people taking risks - You don't want your CB to be taking those risks - But if the team around him aren't getting themselves into simple positions he has to try a more complex pass - Which doesn't work 50% of the time

If Keogh started hoofing the ball out of play/straight to the opposition in their half you'd be whining at him for doing that too I suspect - Yes, the passes he's been making have been poor - But football is a team game and there's plenty of responsibility to go round at the moment

Clearly not.

You're taking a sometimes and turning it into an always and taking 'don't attempt the impossible' as 'don't take any risks, just hoof it'.

Nothing personal, I like your posts, but I can't be bothered with that sort of argument the minute!

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Clearly not.

You're taking a sometimes and turning it into an always and taking 'don't attempt the impossible' as 'don't take any risks, just hoof it'.

Nothing personal, I like your posts, but I can't be bothered with that sort of argument the minute!

Interesting because I think you're doing the same ? Hence the slightly facetious argument I made ? 

If every single one of Keogh's passes was dreadful I'd agree with you but this season I think he's been left exposed by his midfield when moving forwards - He's almost being asked to do the job Huddlestone was doing last season - Moving the ball from Defence into Attack

On that note (I'm on a whoscored.com day today):

Huddlestone's pass completion % last season - 78.6%

Keogh's pass completion % last season - 80.9%

Keogh's pass completion % this season so far - 79.9%

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Interesting because I think you're doing the same ? Hence the slightly facetious argument I made ? 

If every single one of Keogh's passes was dreadful I'd agree with you but this season I think he's been left exposed by his midfield when moving forwards - He's almost being asked to do the job Huddlestone was doing last season - Moving the ball from Defence into Attack

On that note (I'm on a whoscored.com day today):

Huddlestone's pass completion % last season - 78.6%

Keogh's pass completion % last season - 80.9%

Keogh's pass completion % this season so far - 79.9%

That's fair enough. I wasn't trying to though.

Also, don't assume I'm against Keogh. I'll defend him from blanket criticism, but I get also fed up of endless list of excuses made for him in response, some of which are a real stretch into total absolution of any fault whatsoever.

I'm on a 'get this piece of work done so I can leave at 4pm and have the rest of the week off' day.

8 minutes ago, Coconut said:

That's fair enough. I wasn't trying to though.

Also, don't assume I'm against Keogh. I'll defend him from blanket criticism, but I get also fed up of endless list of excuses made for him in response, some of which are a real stretch into total absolution of any fault whatsoever.

I'm on a 'get this piece of work done so I can leave at 4pm and have the rest of the week off' day.

I don't - And I'm not a blanket defender of him - I just think the problem is that like any championship defender he does make mistakes - But for some reason there are fans who jump on his more than any other - People seem to be blaming him for the Leeds game - He may have made mistakes, but none of his cost us a goal - Which makes it odd when people put the focus on him for it

Wish I could leave at 4pm... Mind you... Probably heading to the pub this evening after work so can't complain too much...

Archived