Nahki Wells - Joined QPR

EraniosSocks

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Also worth noting all European windows are open until August 31st.

Anya might fancy returning to Spain, and Blackman to Turkey. 

What ?? On there holidays ??....seriously though I really hope we shift a few out as can’t be healthy having too many players who have virtually no chance to feature in first team squad 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Saity said:

What ?? On there holidays ??....seriously though I really hope we shift a few out as can’t be healthy having too many players who have virtually no chance to feature in first team squad 

I think it would be good to get a few out too - Especially since they're all players who've got a good few years left in them somewhere - The flip side being the likes of Anya and Blackman must have had their agents trying to find them a move for a while now - Any of the guys with less than a year on their contract must have their agents out there and/or be pushing the club for a new contract - And then that leaves Hanson and Thorne I guess, who would have either had some assurances from FL or have their agents out there too

I would imagine that ALL of those players know if the offers aren't coming in it's cos they're not in demand - Very different mindset to a player who's not being played but might have other options

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I thought they pulled the whole window forward? Not just the Prem

We can still loan in and out,and with a guaranteed selling price in January which ends on August 31st so it’s just the premiership clubs who have a panic on 

I reckon Burnley will have included Wells as part of the initial offer for Vydra and the press got hold of that information and published the stories. In all likelihood, we will have stated we didn't want Wells but were open to selling Vydra and they renegotiated, but obviously the press won't have got wind of that until the deal was done.

Long story short, doubt we ever wanted Wells

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I reckon Burnley will have included Wells as part of the initial offer for Vydra and the press got hold of that information and published the stories. In all likelihood, we will have stated we didn't want Wells but were open to selling Vydra and they renegotiated, but obviously the press won't have got wind of that until the deal was done.

Long story short, doubt we ever wanted Wells

Burnley local press were saying last night that a loan deal was still on and that was after the Vydra deal had gone through and that it was separate to the Vydra deal.

With it being a loan and the window being open until August 31st, maybe we're waiting for a couple of outs before we sign him?

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Burnley local press were saying last night that a loan deal was still on and that was after the Vydra deal had gone through and that it was separate to the Vydra deal.

With it being a loan and the window being open until August 31st, maybe we're waiting for a couple of outs before we sign him?

Doesn't make much sense to me, especially as no strikers have departed (yet). Unless 3 of our existing strikers leave, I can't see the reasoning behind even pursuing him... Frank knows far better than I do though so I'll just have to trust him

Alternatively, they might be trying to put him in the shop window and entice other clubs to make offers for him?

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Doesn't make much sense to me, especially as no strikers have departed (yet). Unless 3 of our existing strikers leave, I can't see the reasoning behind even pursuing him... Frank knows far better than I do though so I'll just have to trust him

Alternatively, they might be trying to put him in the shop window and entice other clubs to make offers for him?

No Nugent or Martin in todays training pics so maybe they could be on their way out?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

No Nugent or Martin in todays training pics so maybe they could be on their way out?

I've heard McClaren and Eustace came to watch Martin and Thorne last week so hopefully a potential move to QPR is in the pipeline, Nugent I heard was injured, though if we could sell one of him or Jerome as well, that'd ease the current striker congestion we have

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I've heard McClaren and Eustace came to watch Martin and Thorne last week so hopefully a potential move to QPR is in the pipeline, Nugent I heard was injured, though if we could sell one of him or Jerome as well, that'd ease the current striker congestion we have

That was the under 23s a few weeks back. Martin played the first 45 and looked very unfit, George didn't really excite either. I don't think they would have left thinking they would be crucial signings who would go straight into the team. The 2 of them need a lot of rehab and work.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

We don't need him

Thank god for that. For a moment I couldn’t Gelo thinking ‘god damn QPR, screwing us over again.’

butcyou know what, I think you’re right. We can live without him. Panic over. 

Oh dear, never mind.

Perhaps concentrate on areas of the squad that actually are under represented, like cover for Hudds, and cover for Curtis. We look a shadow of a team without that pair, and Evans aside, who now looks like he might be out of the equation for a while, we're just banging rounds pegs in square holes all the time.

Archived