Darren Bent on Paul Clement

Ramathorn

When it comes down to it, Bent was a player who joined Derby too late to show his true quality (although the burst of goals in his first few months was welcome) and his fitness was on the decline.  That isn't necessarily his fault, it's just what happens.

Clement on the other hand was extremely negative, uninspiring, and showed no passion. The decline in quality and direction was clear for anyone who watched derby regularly, and it's not a surprise to hear that he lost the dressing room. Ultimately he hasn't shown anything in his three managerial jobs to show he is living on anything other than being 'Ancelotti's assistant'...looking forward to him joining Napoli when Reading get rid in a few month's time

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Surely this backs up what Bent has said. It is down to the man management to get the best out of his players and team. If Bent was over weight and lazy then shouldn’t he have been managed better?

Agree, PC has just belittled his own training and fitness regime that he put in place when managing DB. 

672C0A3A-C809-42FB-B4A9-A3830A8C3D49.png

26 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

So certain players were getting upset. They should have respect for their manager and accept the managers decisions. Same group of players that helped Pearson get sacked. Seems like to me when the players don’t agree and get on with the managers they seem to not want to give their all. This is total disrespect for the fans and it should be the players being sacked not the managers 

Yeah cos Clement has proved himself to be not only a good man manager but a good football manager too. ?

Sith Happens

No winners when you get tit for tat like that, Bent should have kept his mouth shut, him and clement may cross paths again, maybe not in a playing capacity but who knows if bent wants to go into coaching etc.

Imagine bent being a coach at a club and clement comes in now as manager....cant imagine he will last long.

28 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

So certain players were getting upset. They should have respect for their manager and accept the managers decisions. Same group of players that helped Pearson get sacked. Seems like to me when the players don’t agree and get on with the managers they seem to not want to give their all. This is total disrespect for the fans and it should be the players being sacked not the managers 

So the players should be happy they are not playing, they should not be wanting to get back in the team and they should not be asking the manager what they needed to do to get into the team?

Clement says Bent was unfit, which backs up what forum members were told when they visited Moor Farm, Clement had top of the range fitness equipment removed, and players were having to go to local gyms and doing their own fitness regimes.

Players did not get Pearson the sack, first he quit, and he only has himself to blame, sending the club's top scorer out on loan then having us as the lowest scorers in the whole country, playing Hughes and Bryson at defensive midfield, Butterfield right mid, Johnson left mid, having no idea how to actually manage the player he had.

Nigel Pearson did as bad a job with our club as Phil Brown did. 

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Surely this backs up what Bent has said. It is down to the man management to get the best out of his players and team. If Bent was over weight and lazy then shouldn’t he have been managed better?

Should of chosen a Happy meal over a Big Mac meal.

Bent always looked a better player and scored more goals when playing under McClaren. As frustrating as he could be at times, he did actually look a decent player under McClaren at times and not just a fox in the box. 

Think it’s poor of Clement to come out criticising Bent as surely it was his job as manager to get the best out of the player? Kind of like what McClaren did...

23 minutes ago, rynny said:

So the players should be happy they are not playing, they should not be wanting to get back in the team and they should not be asking the manager what they needed to do to get into the team?

Clement says Bent was unfit, which backs up what forum members were told when they visited Moor Farm, Clement had top of the range fitness equipment removed, and players were having to go to local gyms and doing their own fitness regimes.

Players did not get Pearson the sack, first he quit, and he only has himself to blame, sending the club's top scorer out on loan then having us as the lowest scorers in the whole country, playing Hughes and Bryson at defensive midfield, Butterfield right mid, Johnson left mid, having no idea how to actually manage the player he had.

Nigel Pearson did as bad a job with our club as Phil Brown did. 

On the whole i agree, but I'll give Phil Brown 2 mitigating factors, 1. it was his first job and 2. he had a very difficult hand to play given the state of the club at the time. Yeah he was still rubbish, but i feel less harsh towards him.

Who cares. They’re both poor at their professions.

Bent tells us what we had all already guessed and Clement tells us what we already saw. Bentys inability to stay onside was utterly maddening and symptomatic of his annoying, laid back playing style. Big time underperformer.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Leaves me thinking, the fortunate thing for us, is now we have a Manager who has achieved far more than our current players, so unlikely to see this charade due to the respect he carries and his right hand man Jody the enforcer!

41 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Bent thought he was going to have a free ride so he threw out a couple of cheap shots.

Good for Clement, I say.

Clement lacked class but I’m half nodding thinking the same, right of reply etc

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow! 

Oh dear... Did Clement really say that? I know for a fact that bent wasn't the only one who was glad to see clement go. He Shouldn't get involved like that. 

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On the whole i agree, but I'll give Phil Brown 2 mitigating factors, 1. it was his first job and 2. he had a very difficult hand to play given the state of the club at the time. Yeah he was still rubbish, but i feel less harsh towards him.

Agree, Brown is always said to be a poor manager yet there are some who defend Pearson. Both made similar decisions in their short stay here;

Top scorer left the club - Rasiak sold Brown said he wasn't bothered/Rasiak crap and Pearson loaned out Martin

Played attacking midfielders in holding roles - Idiakez, Hughes, Bryson

Had no idea how to attack/create or score

Took a top 6 team into the relegation zone

Signed players that would have a major impact the following season - Seth Johnson, Darren Moore and Edworthy, Vydra

Archived