Darren Bent on Paul Clement

Ramathorn

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Easy to say the same thing without appearing so petulant.

'Obviously players will always feel slighted if they arent getting a game. All I would have said is keep showing 100% in training and live like a professional and your chance will come. Only Darren can answer if he always did that....'

It was easy leaving out a fat cxxx who couldn’t be arsed. 

Would have been a better response haha

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

So if a professional sportsman can't be arsed to train and eat properly, it's someone else's fault?

and you'll find that Bent was so professional that he did extra curricular fitness work with personal trainers outside of training (with the club) just to be fit.

Think Clement is feeling a tad fragile after his teams poor start and is probably getting flack from some of the fans already.

Last thing he wants people to hear from his ex player is that he,s a total failure as a manager and he reacted.Classless

admittedly,but why did Benty feel the need to stick the knife in in the first place.More to this methinks.

Got no time for Clement.

Eric Steele, one of the best GK coaches in the entire world as Sir Alex thought, spoke to Rush when Mac was 'known' to be wanting to go to Newcastle. He said that he loves the club and loves the area and wants to stay as he believes in loyalty, When Clement was incoming he said the same to him and Clement said that he wanted him and would see him when he (Eric) returned off holiday.

Eric came back to find that he had been sacked, as had his wife who organised travel/tours for the squad.

Absolute lack of class from those people, and to be fair from the club as well.

As such I wish Clement nothing but bad luck.

I'd also point out that Erics agents are not nor ever have been Wasserman media group unlike some people.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

So the players should be happy they are not playing, they should not be wanting to get back in the team and they should not be asking the manager what they needed to do to get into the team?

Clement says Bent was unfit, which backs up what forum members were told when they visited Moor Farm, Clement had top of the range fitness equipment removed, and players were having to go to local gyms and doing their own fitness regimes.

Players did not get Pearson the sack, first he quit, and he only has himself to blame, sending the club's top scorer out on loan then having us as the lowest scorers in the whole country, playing Hughes and Bryson at defensive midfield, Butterfield right mid, Johnson left mid, having no idea how to actually manage the player he had.

Nigel Pearson did as bad a job with our club as Phil Brown did. 

Not all of that is true. Though I do agree with almost everything you’ve said, it isn’t true to say that the players didn’t get him the sack. A group within that squad wanted Pearson out and went to Mel Morris about it, spearheaded by one individual in particular. 

Regardless though, I think we can all agree that Pearson was a disaster. 

49 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Got no time for Clement.

Eric Steele, one of the best GK coaches in the entire world as Sir Alex thought, spoke to Rush when Mac was 'known' to be wanting to go to Newcastle. He said that he loves the club and loves the area and wants to stay as he believes in loyalty, When Clement was incoming he said the same to him and Clement said that he wanted him and would see him when he (Eric) returned off holiday.

Eric came back to find that he had been sacked, as had his wife who organised travel/tours for the squad.

Absolute lack of class from those people, and to be fair from the club as well.

As such I wish Clement nothing but bad luck.

I'd also point out that Erics agents are not nor ever have been Wasserman media group unlike some people.

Why would PC be involved in sacking erics mrs?

Highly unlikely.

According to the BBC-

"

Bent did not play under Clement at Derby and was loaned to Burton in January

Reading boss Paul Clement says Darren Bent was "overweight and lazy" during his time at Derby, in response to criticism from the ex-England striker.

Clement spent eight months at Derby before he was sacked in February."

Surely the BBC is aware that it isn't 2016???

Paul Clement was terrible during his time at Derby, so much that though MM had to sack him despite us not being in too bad a league position. I’ve heard stuff in regards to training, relationships with players and the amount of work he was putting in to scouting players/opponents that paints him in a very bad light.

Glad he’s gone and I feel very sorry for Reading fans. 

How can anyone say it's unprofessional of both men to snipe at each other.

This is a game where grown men stamp their feet and shout abuse at ref and roll around in agony holding their shin after someone clipped their toe. 

Footballers are the most embarrassing athletes in any sport. Nobody behaves like them.

This exchange between Clement and Bent I actually like. Good to see two football blokes arguing without one going from Tom Hardy to Tom Daley. 

Bit unprofessional on both parts.

But, for my tuppence worth, Bent was a poor addition to our team, well past his best and not always motivated to perform, and the missed penalty v Reading summed him up. His Derby career was below average. More interested in his Trainer collection

Clement in my opinion had started to create a decent side , but the rest as they say, is history. (I love cliches!)

Clement however has more class in his left ear than Bent could ever muster.

Don’t think it’s unprofessional from Bent. He’s in the media, he has an opinion and there are serious questions about Paul Clement’s managerial credentials that need discussing.

Im amazed he got the reading job and if he fails I think it could be his last.

As for Clement. He went too far, made it unnecessarily personal. He could’ve just made the first comment and left it at that. I’ve seen a sky documentary about a personal trainer within football who Bent used and was doing extra sessions outside of Derby training to help his speed and fitness, so not sure the fat and lazy comment really stands anyway!

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

and you'll find that Bent was so professional that he did extra curricular fitness work with personal trainers outside of training (with the club) just to be fit.

Maybe that was the issue in that he was not getting the right sort of fitness work outside of the club; perhaps he bulked up in the wrong placed gaining weight. Whatever it was, Bent appeared lazy on the field., contributing little to the team. As regards PC, he has certainly got Reading going now, they worked hard and were a tad unlucky last night.

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

Maybe that was the issue in that he was not getting the right sort of fitness work outside of the club; perhaps he bulked up in the wrong placed gaining weight. Whatever it was, Bent appeared lazy on the field., contributing little to the team. As regards PC, he has certainly got Reading going now, they worked hard and were a tad unlucky last night.

what? are you serious? You shouldn't need to do ANY fitness work "outside of the club".

6 hours ago, Papahet said:

Paul’s right on this one.

Bent looked really unfit that season and totally out his depth on the pitch, he still does today IMO. Odd, considering he always posts pictures doing gym work, particularly running.

Don’t see clubs queuing for his signature

Either way, Clement is a crap manager and Bent is a player I’m delighted to see the back of.

How much are you expecting him to do in about 500 minutes of football spread over half a season? 

Archived