Darren Bent on Paul Clement

Ramathorn

Easy to say the same thing without appearing so petulant.

'Obviously players will always feel slighted if they arent getting a game. All I would have said is keep showing 100% in training and live like a professional and your chance will come. Only Darren can answer if he always did that....'

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Well, Well, Well. It appears that the confrontation avoiding PC is a keyboard warrior. 

Why get involved on social media with something that should remain private. DB (rightly or wrongly) has called him out on SKY but the better man would refrain from reacting in public. If he felt something needed to be said he would have been better going face to face and deal with it. 

But then does that point to him being unable to deal with man to man confrontation.

Booooooooring!

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Agree, Brown is always said to be a poor manager yet there are some who defend Pearson. Both made similar decisions in their short stay here;

Top scorer left the club - Rasiak sold Brown said he wasn't bothered/Rasiak crap and Pearson loaned out Martin

Played attacking midfielders in holding roles - Idiakez, Hughes, Bryson

Had no idea how to attack/create or score

Took a top 6 team into the relegation zone

Signed players that would have a major impact the following season - Seth Johnson, Darren Moore and Edworthy, Vydra

Terrible has he was Brown at least had to contend with the actions of Jeremy Keith et al, and I'd back him over the decision to play Poole over Camp to this day ?

Playing Dean Holdsworth, well that was a different matter entirely!

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well not quite, Bryson and Ledley were switching often. Bryson was restricted by Pearson and didn't get forward at all. 

Cheers, I had a late one at work so only listened to Radio Derby driving back. They didn't seem to think it was working, whatever it was.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Paul’s right on this one.

Bent looked really unfit that season and totally out his depth on the pitch, he still does today IMO. Odd, considering he always posts pictures doing gym work, particularly running.

Don’t see clubs queuing for his signature

Either way, Clement is a crap manager and Bent is a player I’m delighted to see the back of.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Surprised Clement has responded to this but he might have a point about Bent 

doubt it, Bent amongst others were very aware of the poor fitness training at the club, so much so that many of them employed personal trainers and joined local gyms as they weren't getting enough personal fitness training during club training sessions, managed by Clement. Check Bent's instagram posts around that period

54 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Who cares. They’re both poor at their professions.

Bent tells us what we had all already guessed and Clement tells us what we already saw. Bentys inability to stay onside was utterly maddening and symptomatic of his annoying, laid back playing style. Big time underperformer.

Hahahaha. You do realise Bent is up there with the most successful scorers in PL history? You'd have hated a played called Andrew Cole, prolific but wasteful.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Surely this backs up what Bent has said. It is down to the man management to get the best out of his players and team. If Bent was over weight and lazy then shouldn’t he have been managed better?

So if a professional sportsman can't be arsed to train and eat properly, it's someone else's fault?

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I think the reference to Metallica lyrics may have been lost on most ??

Well the anti-nowhere league originally but Metallica is where I first heard it. Someone asked for Metallica references the other day in a different thread, can't remember who though.

I assume clement had the decency to tell him he was fat and lazy at the time. If he didn’t he should have done. That’s his job. Not a great deal of sympathy for either of them but I suspect that PCs inability to communicate with players may hamper his aims to becoming a really good manager. 

Archived