Darren Bent on Paul Clement

Ramathorn

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Clement didn't say Bent was fat and lazy. He said he was over weight and lazy.

I seem to remember he was asked to get to grips with why we had so many muscle injuries, and he was critical of players spending ages on the weights to develop their physique, for the purpose of pulling rather than playing. Hendrick was suggested as one offender. They didn't need to be so muscle bound to play, and that extra muscle presumably made them heavier and therefore susceptible to hamstring injuries etc.

I expect that removing the equipment didn't go down well with MM. 

its ancient history now anyway.

If I tell my missus she’s over weight, instead of telling her she’s fat, I’m still getting a black eye

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether or not Bent is justified with his comments or indeed Clement is in any way justified with his childish retort.

We have a new chapter to write and in my view regarding our last three managers “Thank god they’ve gone”

Lets get on with building a team that we can all warm to and support.

This might get deleted as mods don't like raking up the past. Faor enough as well as it solves little 

I hope they let this stay though as it's a personal thing.

During the whole IPro/rush thing I lost a lot of friends on here for posting what I saw as the truth.

When clemebt took over and started doing strange things fo a rookie manager, I lost a lot more friends for posting what I saw as the truth.

Clement is an actor. Always was, got by on buzz words and ********.

All I ever said is that the players would see through it quickly and he'd lose their support.

Players aren't daft, they can see through a fraud very quickly indeed.

I'm on here much less now but I really hope there are a few of you who sit there at some point and think you know what, that lad didn't deserve some of the shot he had to put up with.

All clubs, all I ever do is say what I think is right. Even when Clough was here.

To end on a positive note though

I love Frank, I hope finally you've got your man.

I expect Reading to struggle and Clement to be gone by Christmas. I still think he was more than entitled to come back and have a pop at Bent, Bent took it to a different level by saying what he said on national television

Out of order and no need.

Not read the thread through, so sorry if this has already been said, but Clement called Bent overweight and lazy, Bent said Clement was a twit (basically).

They're both right. Next.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

This might get deleted as mods don't like raking up the past. Faor enough as well as it solves little 

I hope they let this stay though as it's a personal thing.

During the whole IPro/rush thing I lost a lot of friends on here for posting what I saw as the truth.

When clemebt took over and started doing strange things fo a rookie manager, I lost a lot more friends for posting what I saw as the truth.

Clement is an actor. Always was, got by on buzz words and ********.

All I ever said is that the players would see through it quickly and he'd lose their support.

Players aren't daft, they can see through a fraud very quickly indeed.

I'm on here much less now but I really hope there are a few of you who sit there at some point and think you know what, that lad didn't deserve some of the shot he had to put up with.

All clubs, all I ever do is say what I think is right. Even when Clough was here.

To end on a positive note though

I love Frank, I hope finally you've got your man.

I expect Reading to struggle and Clement to be gone by Christmas. I still think he was more than entitled to come back and have a pop at Bent, Bent took it to a different level by saying what he said on national television

Out of order and no need.

This is almost as embarrassing as the actual spat between Bent and Clement. 

14 hours ago, McLovin said:

Can’t have left a good impression in Clement’s mind, especially after seeing professionals like Ronaldo the year before he joined, it must have annoyed him.

If Clement thought he was getting professionals even close to Ronaldo then he is the biggest fool ever. That's like league 2 manager rocking up at the dog and duck's training session and expecting them to be at the same level as the league 2 team.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

If Clement thought he was getting professionals even close to Ronaldo then he is the biggest fool ever. That's like league 2 manager rocking up at the dog and duck's training session and expecting them to be at the same level as the league 2 team.

You are telling me that the dog and duck have training sessions? ?

On 04/08/2018 at 11:56, Derbyram1983 said:

So certain players were getting upset. They should have respect for their manager and accept the managers decisions. Same group of players that helped Pearson get sacked. Seems like to me when the players don’t agree and get on with the managers they seem to not want to give their all. This is total disrespect for the fans and it should be the players being sacked not the managers 

Pearson got himself sacked

Was Clement the manager who first had all the players on a gps tag over summer, and tracked all the running they did to keep fit? In which case, he was probably annoyed when he saw Benty run 10 metres from his car into the gym?

Also, I was watching the match in the pub, so I heard a little of what Bent said, but not why he was talking about Clement. What was the setup question?

I'm struggling to understand how this has managed to generate so much media attention. Right now it is the top article on the BBC's Derby County page. A footballer who doesn't play for Derby, and a manager who doesn't manage Derby indulging in a pointless twitter spat is not news at all and it certainly isn't Derby County news.

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm struggling to understand how this has managed to generate so much media attention. Right now it is the top article on the BBC's Derby County page. A footballer who doesn't play for Derby, and a manager who doesn't manage Derby indulging in a pointless twitter spat is not news at all and it certainly isn't Derby County news.

It's probably much ado about nothing, but it is Derby County news. When Clement was sacked we all wanted to know why. Bent has possibly given us a little insight. It's not really headline news though.

21 minutes ago, richinspain said:

It's probably much ado about nothing, but it is Derby County news. When Clement was sacked we all wanted to know why. Bent has possibly given us a little insight. It's not really headline news though.

Perhaps contextualized tthe "footballing rreasons, but not results" comment ffrom Mel which we all found a bit weird at the time.

4 hours ago, Ramchop said:

Also, I was watching the match in the pub, so I heard a little of what Bent said, but not why he was talking about Clement. What was the setup question?

Wasn’t much of a set up really. I think they’d just done the pre match interview with Clement and then talked about him perhaps being under pressure after last season and pre season. Nothing to do with him time at Derby. Seemed like Bent saw an opportunity to share his story.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

I agree with this. More and more often the BBC are reporting who said what about whom on Twitter as if it is actual news. 

Usually, it's about some or other celebrity that I have never heard of but it always annoys me.

I expect the BBC to offer rather more serious journalism than this. 

On Bent v Clement, Bent responded to a question very openly and Clement exercised his right to reply. An interesting snippet to us fans but not much more than that, surely? 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with this. More and more often the BBC are reporting who said what about whom on Twitter as if it is actual news. 

Usually, it's about some or other celebrity that I have never heard of but it always annoys me.

I expect the BBC to offer rather more serious journalism than this. 

On Bent v Clement, Bent responded to a question very openly and Clement exercised his right to reply. An interesting snippet to us fans but not much more than that, surely? 

The Bbc story was also very poor... It said bent never played for Clement, which is untrue, and appeared to suggest that clement loaned him out to burton in January which is also wrong. All round terrible reporting by the Bbc . 

Archived