Fans Forum 9/8/18, 7.30pm @ Showcase Intu

Day
Message added by Day

All updates from the forum can be found in the first post in this topic, updates are from @TomBustler1884 Twitter account https://twitter.com/erskinetom29

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sage said:

what did they say?

Mel said there’s some sacrificial lambs been sent from Dcfc fans in the front row to ask questions. Two of us disappeared into our seats, the other two asked great questions.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Mel said there’s some sacrificial lambs been sent from Dcfc fans in the front row to ask questions. Two of us disappeared into our seats, the other two asked great questions.

Good stuff, what was RamNut's question?

6 hours ago, sage said:

Good stuff, what was RamNut's question?

More of a welcome to derby speech really. He told them how it made him feel seeing Derby play the way they did pre season after having to sit through last season etc.

I hope it’s on the highlights video as I thought it was good.

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Lampard is honourable though, I called Rowett’s slipperiness quite early on in his tenure, not giving it I told you so or anything, just had a gut feeling about him. 

Yes @Pearl Ram a few of us did and got labelled on here as not being proper fans and tried to gag us. #wespeakourminds

Some good updates from all - nothing much missed that I can think of.

I chatted to one of the fellas from RamsTV and asked why it wasn't being live-streamed and he said 1) because Mel wanted it to be an exclusive for ST holders and 2) they preferred to release a proper edited version than have to worry about the technicalities of a live broadcast on top of everything else. There were some real sound problems at times, so hopefully they will be able to edit that sort of stuff out

Also kudos to the 10 year old kid that asked the question about whether he'd leave Derby to manage Chelsea. What no one's mentioned is the sick burn he got in there when he asked "if a so-called big club like Chelsea came knocking..." haha

Pearce as CEO still puzzles me a bit in relation to the Sam Rush affair (which was not mentioned at all unsurprisingly). Pearce was clearly not implicated in any way as he's still here and had a promotion, but he was CFO at the time, so how good a job was he doing if the CEO was able to breach fiduciary duty right under his nose for a prolonged period? Nothing against him, he seems like a decent guy and spoke very well. We may never know, but he's clearly come out of it smelling of roses somehow! Fair play to him

17 hours ago, t'oldu said:

And Lee   ??  Sheff U who had a broken foot..................... and it was the second break...... even I knew that from listening to radio Sheff... !!

36 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Some good updates from all - nothing much missed that I can think of.

I chatted to one of the fellas from RamsTV and asked why it wasn't being live-streamed and he said 1) because Mel wanted it to be an exclusive for ST holders and 2) they preferred to release a proper edited version than have to worry about the technicalities of a live broadcast on top of everything else. There were some real sound problems at times, so hopefully they will be able to edit that sort of stuff out

Also kudos to the 10 year old kid that asked the question about whether he'd leave Derby to manage Chelsea. What no one's mentioned is the sick burn he got in there when he asked "if a so-called big club like Chelsea came knocking..." haha

Pearce as CEO still puzzles me a bit in relation to the Sam Rush affair (which was not mentioned at all unsurprisingly). Pearce was clearly not implicated in any way as he's still here and had a promotion, but he was CFO at the time, so how good a job was he doing if the CEO was able to breach fiduciary duty right under his nose for a prolonged period? Nothing against him, he seems like a decent guy and spoke very well. We may never know, but he's clearly come out of it smelling of roses somehow! Fair play to him

Maybe he was the person who reported it to Mel ?

As gibbo was winding up to close the forum, Mel interrupted him to say we've got people here from dcfcfans who would like to ask a couple of questions. 

I was conscious of the fact that we were in privileged positions having been invited and then especially invited to speak. Therefore i felt duty bound to everyone on here - esp @David to speak up. I can't remember exactly what i said but i wanted to summarise some of the points and offer support and feedback to frank pretty much as boycie explained.

afterwards mrs mel came up and was obviously thrilled. She was very nice, and that topped it all off for me. 

Great to meet some more forumers. Even got to say hello to punjabi rams.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

This is a good point and one that is a concern. No idea how he got away without anything sticking, unless there was nothing in the Rush thing anyway. 

Still it will be someone to blame later if it goes tits up. 

Archived