Fans Forum 9/8/18, 7.30pm @ Showcase Intu

Day
Message added by Day

All updates from the forum can be found in the first post in this topic, updates are from @TomBustler1884 Twitter account https://twitter.com/erskinetom29

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

We've heard similar with Rowett and we were meant to be his ideal job. If Frank can get us up and Chelsea came calling, I'm sure 99% of fans would fully understand him leaving and be grateful for what he's done for the club

I agree with you. Although I do believe there's a lot of jobs in between Derby and Chelsea he wouldn't take. He's a smart guy, and the opportunity for him to build something here is second to none.

Most clubs between us and chelsea present a very high % chance of him failing, which is a risk he doesn't need to take. Success with us would see Chelsea come calling eventually. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SP - FFP rules aren't ideal but will stay until they're changed. DCFC will be creative within the rules. Will try to get a competitive advantage from playing side sensibly. We couldn't have signed players if we were in trouble. Other clubs are under embargo, we arent

2 minutes ago, David said:

MM - if you're over 85, season tickets are free for Golden Rams. Help build social network for those fans with events, clustered seating, blankets. We will look at trying to find benefits for season ticket holders, maybe cup vouchers, local business discounts

Ahh man, makes me sad that my Grandad isn't around in times like these. He'd have loved what Mel is doing with the club to support fans of all ages ?

SP - BCFC are under flexible embargo, and will be first case to test new rules. Punishments are now unknown, could be fines, points deduction, anything. DCFC has to be sustainable, we need player outs in loans and in January but we're in FFP.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Lampard is honourable though, I called Rowett’s slipperiness quite early on in his tenure, not giving it I told you so or anything, just had a gut feeling about him. 

It doesn't even need to be mentioned really. If Chelsea offered FL the job as manager while he was at Derby he'd be gone. That wouldn't be snakey or slippery or dishonest, it's just pretty obvious. Even if we finished above Chelsea one season, then Chelsea came for him, he wouldn't think twice.

It's nice that he said he would stay and wants to get promoted with us, but that's because he knows he won't be in the position to be offered the Chelsea job whilst at Derby unless he's promoted at the very least. I think it was a bit of an unnecessary question, doesn't really add much.

MM - if a £10m player gets serious injury, and can't hit same levels, value drops to £1m. Nobody at fault but club loses £9m. Clubs can lose £13m per yr on football operations - transfers, salaries, etc. Contracts running out is worse case scenario as you lose all value

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Lampard might be honourable, but I think even us Derby fans would struggle to decline an offer if Chelsea came calling, offered a massive wage rise, the chance to manage one of the top clubs in the world and a budget the size of theirs. And we don't have the connection with Chelsea that he does

Frank’s a clever man, he knows he’s years away from managing Chelsea, which I believe will be his ultimate aim, he’ll serve his time, learn stuff like man management and get his mistakes out of way, yes, he will make mistakes, a manager that doesn’t hasn’t been born yet. 

If I were a betting man I’d bet on Lampard seeing out his contract with us, hey, we’ve not had that for a while, could get good odds. 

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It doesn't even need to be mentioned really. If Chelsea offered FL the job as manager while he was at Derby he'd be gone. That wouldn't be snakey or slippery or dishonest, it's just pretty obvious. Even if we finished above Chelsea one season, then Chelsea came for him, he wouldn't think twice.

It's nice that he said he would stay and wants to get promoted with us, but that's because he knows he won't be in the position to be offered the Chelsea job whilst at Derby unless he's promoted at the very least. I think it was a bit of an unnecessary question, doesn't really add much.

I really don’t care what you think.

MM - Could be maximum salary bill for a player, and for a whole salary bill, then reward points based on meeting those targets. Can go over it, but won't get the points. All clubs agree system isn't quite right, but need to work out right way forward

DW - young players improve by training with first team. Attitude has to be the same no matter who they train or play with. Only get a chance by performing for u23 or u18. Players can be jealous or it can motivate them. Seeing Bennett get a chance excites them

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree with you. Although I do believe there's a lot of jobs in between Derby and Chelsea he wouldn't take. He's a smart guy, and the opportunity for him to build something here is second to none.

Most clubs between us and chelsea present a very high % chance of him failing, which is a risk he doesn't need to take. Success with us would see Chelsea come calling eventually. 

One thing with Frank is that he is loyal and I can see him wanting to establish himself in the Prem with his first managerial club before thinking about moving 

Tbh I kinda like the idea of the teams overspending getting handicapped before the season starts. 

Its really gimmicky but I think quite fun. Would certainly spice things up.

I think the only way ffp can work is to put a real cap in, like the NFL. You dont just retroactively punish people, you dont sign off on a new deal at all if it will take them over the limit.

However, that cant really work in a structured tiered system with such different amount of money between the tiers.

In short, FFP is unworkable.

Archived