Fans Forum 9/8/18, 7.30pm @ Showcase Intu

Day
Message added by Day

All updates from the forum can be found in the first post in this topic, updates are from @TomBustler1884 Twitter account https://twitter.com/erskinetom29

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

This is a good point and one that is a concern. No idea how he got away without anything sticking, unless there was nothing in the Rush thing anyway. 

Still it will be someone to blame later if it goes tits up. 

Mel doesn't appear to tolerate treacherous snakes. I think if there were any genuine grounds for concern over Pearce, he'd be gone, rather than promoted.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Mel doesn't appear to tolerate treacherous snakes. I think if there were any genuine grounds for concern over Pearce, he'd be gone, rather than promoted.

Definitely. Just something that puzzled me at the time, and puzzles me even more now that Pearce has essentially got Sam Rush's old job! The most logical (and only?) explanation is that Pearce was the whistleblower

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

More of a welcome to derby speech really. He told them how it made him feel seeing Derby play the way they did pre season after having to sit through last season etc.

I hope it’s on the highlights video as I thought it was good.

It wasn't good - it was bloody superb. It got a thunderous round of applause; it had just the right combination of "welcome Frank" with a nod towards the "Derby Way", playing football on the ground and the heroes of the 1960's and 1970's with an allusion towards the "anti-football" of last season and a "good riddance" to such an atrocity, relief at seeing the fine, free-flowing football of the Notts County pre-season friendly with a conclusion that FL has united the Club in a way which no other manager has done in living-memory and everybody "on board" and can't wait for the season to get going properly. It was right up there with the 10 year old kid's letter*  to Gary Rowett directing him to start playing proper football and go sign Jack Marriot. ?   

* was Mel aware that Gary had sent one of his backroom staff along? ?

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

As gibbo was winding up to close the forum, Mel interrupted him to say we've got people here from dcfcfans who would like to ask a couple of questions. 

I was conscious of the fact that we were in privileged positions having been invited and then especially invited to speak. Therefore i felt duty bound to everyone on here - esp @David to speak up. I can't remember exactly what i said but i wanted to summarise some of the points and offer support and feedback to frank pretty much as boycie explained.

afterwards mrs mel came up and was obviously thrilled. She was very nice, and that topped it all off for me. 

Great to meet some more forumers. Even got to say hello to punjabi rams.

If that was you (Andy?) that did the last contribution that brought the house down, congratulations! It was a superb contribution and was the cherry on top of the icing. Great words and finely spoken. 

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am guttied I miss frank lampard after spending all day getting the building arrival sigh. I finnished work at 5 so I missed him damn it.

Don’t worry I’m sure your time will come B4. 

1 hour ago, AshfieldRam said:

Massive shout out to the guy who talked about his issues with gambling so openly in front of a full room of people! ?

Huge respect for this and raising an issue that is becoming much more evident in modern society 

That'd be @Mafiabob I think.

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

This one - Mel also made a firm point about all loan deals we do will also have a recall clause in January to cover our back. Sounded like bitter experience from the Fulham/Martin saga

It was a warning to teams wanting to take our players on loan in the cheap. If they get them cheap, and they do well, Derby will recall them and it will cost them more to either buy them in jan, or they’ll lose em.

The point was fair loan deals for our players who’s contacts run out next term.

Theyve had a lot of enquiries apparently, but they would say that. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

This is a good point and one that is a concern. No idea how he got away without anything sticking, unless there was nothing in the Rush thing anyway. 

Rush did a proper job and even pearce took some time to unravel it all

17 hours ago, David said:

MM - Could be maximum salary bill for a player, and for a whole salary bill, then reward points based on meeting those targets. Can go over it, but won't get the points. All clubs agree system isn't quite right, but need to work out right way forward

This would be a variation of the scheme already running in League 1 and 2. Much simpler to implement. 

3 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

Massive shout out to the guy who talked about his issues with gambling so openly in front of a full room of people! ?

Huge respect for this and raising an issue that is becoming much more evident in modern society 

Thank you mate, I keep on fighting a day at a time..... here’s my very first story..... I continue to vlog every week now 

thanks very much to @David who was maybe ITK

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I mentioned yesterday that basically my Mrs works with his Mrs. A very clued up bloke that was headhunted by Derby county from Chelsea. Has done some outstanding work over the last few weeks and also balancing the two jobs has been difficult but a replacement has been found for financial officer and will be incoming.

Archived