Fans Forum 9/8/18, 7.30pm @ Showcase Intu

Day
Message added by Day

All updates from the forum can be found in the first post in this topic, updates are from @TomBustler1884 Twitter account https://twitter.com/erskinetom29

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM - important to have a settled squad in August, both on incoming and outgoing. However, new window setup hasn't changed anything. Clubs will just do loans with a compulsory requirement to purchase in January. Out of contract players will start going now.

FL - Want to use experience of other managers then be my own person as a boss. Very close with Jody, can disagree and get on with it quickly, coaching staff all have great qualities and characters. We're a team and work together. I make decisions after lots of discussion

So the whole FFP being broken, and getting hurt by contracts running down fully explains why we have been offering extensions to lesser members of the squad.

Its actually been protecting our FFP status, rather than harming it.

MM - applaud @Mafiabob for campaigning on gambling. 32Red one of few gambling companies with controls in place and have spoken to DCFC about gambling addiction awareness. Sponsorship deals are worth a lot. Can't turn away, but will connect you to to them to work on awareness.

48 minutes ago, David said:

MM - if a £10m player gets serious injury, and can't hit same levels, value drops to £1m. Nobody at fault but club loses £9m. Clubs can lose £13m per yr on football operations - transfers, salaries, etc. Contracts running out is worse case scenario as you lose all value

Mel's nailed it here.

I've long thought that the most sensible measure would be solely a wage cap for all club's based on a % or turnover. Forget transfer fees as you're purchasing an asset.

Majority of clubs in this division pay in excess of 100% of turnover out in wages. Just ridiculous!

Well that was enjoyable , genuinely. Frank came across impeccably and is 100 % behind the project and not just here as a steeping stone . You can see he really wants to be here . 

Steven Pearce seems like a top bloke who is very knowledgeable in his field and I feel as though were in safe hands financially. 

Darren Wassal , at first I thought he was just there to make the numbers up but spoke really well and emphasised fully on his role and outlined his intentions for the academy , not just producing players for the first team but allowing players who are not quite good enough for our team to flourish in the lower leagues and have a career in football. 

Mel Morris , took a lot of flack , unfairly a lot of the time . Clearly loves the club and is running it well and looks to have learned from past mistakes and seems more determined for us to succeed more than ever. 

And a to top it all off my question got answered that I sent in , for those who were there it was the one regarding if the same philosophy will be implemented throughout all the age groups. 

Just back from the fans forum. Enjoyable couple of hours.

I found Mel's comments on the FFP very interesting. 

Very impressed by Frank. For a man new to management, seems to know what he wants from his team and how it can be achieved.

I thought Frank came across very well, and when he first walked on he sat down looked across at us 4 and smiled. Obviously we were all arguing who he was smiling at, but we all know it was me.

He’s disgustingly handsome in real life, and one lady on the front row would of put Usian Bolt to shame getting across to him to get a picture at the end.

The queue for pictures stretched from the front to the back row of the auditorium.

Frank Fever has firmly arrived in Derby.

I tell you what, I’m looking forward to the season ahead. Who’s said that in the last 4 years?

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I thought Frank came across very well, and when he first walked on he sat down looked across at us 4 and smiled. Obviously we were all arguing who he was smiling at, but we all know it was me.

I can believe that - I can't believe though that you cleared off so quickly, there were people there who really wanted to meet you but they had to settle for me instead! No comparison!

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He’s disgustingly handsome in real life, and one lady on the front row would of put Usian Bolt to shame getting across to him to get a picture at the end.

The queue for pictures stretched from the front to the back row of the auditorium.

Frank Fever has firmly arrived in Derby.

I tell you what, I’m looking forward to the season ahead. Who’s said that in the last 4 years?

The first time I met you I smiled. I smiled quite a lot actually. I’m smiling now.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I can believe that - I can't believe though that you cleared off so quickly, there were people there who really wanted to meet you but they had to settle for me instead! No comparison!

Give over, Rynny’s trying to wind me up with this in the mod room.

Archived