Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

51 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I don’t even think it’s £40m of actual fines!

£22 of it is shareholders writing off loans and the actual £17m fine is payable over 10 years! So £1.7m a year which doesn’t even affect their FFP going forward...seems like a gamble worth taking to me. 

People are talking about past tense in relation to FFP they can now deduct points and not promote clubs if they ignor it under the current rules 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I haven’t heard about this but I have pal who is best mates with Dean Smith’s son. 

Cut a story short, my mate is a Villa fan and they’ve been linked with Ryan Woods. He asked him about it and said it’s rubbish that Villa want him, but he is “probably going elsewhere” (I’ve seen the messages). He then said it was to Derby. 

Now this isn’t where I usually hear bits, and he could be on the windup, but it does beg the question along with this link, what is going on? I don’t know if all this happened before the Vydra deal collasped, and it doesn’t make sense that we want another midfielder with Evans coming in, but Lampard did say he watched Brentford a lot last season when discussing the Josefzoon transfer. Thought i’d share anyway 

Absolutely mental if true. No idea where this money is coming from but what a signing this would be. 

I understand everyones concerns about Lowe not developing but look at City in the Prem last year, they signed Mendy/Walker/Danilo for £130 million also had Delph and Zinchenco that could play in that role. All of them had regular game time and impressed last season, Lowe will get his chances to play over 46 games and so will Bryan. Competition for places makes the squad better and full back will be key for us this season as it was for City last with full backs being part of our attacks. Lowe and wisdom already showing this in preseason. I think in Lowe/Wisdom/Bogle/Bryan we would have really strong depth there. I'd imagine Fozzy will be off. 

Just to be clear I am not comparing Derby to Manchester City only pointing out what worked for them so well last year and suggesting Frank may be looking at that. Hopefully we can do a deal. 

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just a word of caution... I hope Frank has not been taking lessons at the Harry Rednap school of transfers. 

We already Know Arry is advising/helping Frank. In an interview he said something along the lines off 'waiting for Mel to get back of holiday, we've got some good signings lined up'. This was pre Marriott/Josefzoon

41 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just a word of caution... I hope Frank has not been taking lessons at the Harry Rednap school of transfers. 

It's not even the Clement school of transfers, is it. Young players, with potential, signed for competitive prices. That's not going to get us into any long term trouble. 

Sounds like an agent is trying to start a late bidding war in order to get his client a move.

He could have picked somebody a bit more realistic than Derby though.

Not only are we flirting with FFP, but we already have 3 left-backs on the books.

Should have gone with someone like West Brom or Swansea... Or even Fulham who still need someone if they can’t re-sign Targett.

Interesting that Lee Johnson called Bryan a Champions League player after his winner against Man Utd in the League Cup. Talk about an overreaction.

5 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Douglas I agree. Targett was very good for half a season. Cunningham and Friend are good players but i wouldn't say they were as good as Bryan.

Cunningham and Bryan have both played for us, trust me Cunningham is the better defender.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

I get really bored of the constant need from large sections of Derby fans to bag Fozzy

He wasn’t even that bad last season but the mob mentality took over 

He really was that bad , if you look back at my previous posts , I'm certainly not one to hammer out own players whatsoever but Forsyth was terrible last year , could probably only pick out Brum away where he had a Stormer , did ok towards the final few games of the season but he's one that needs to be moved on for me. Too many people living in the past on his one and a half good seasons he had. 

Forsyth isn't a bad left back but injuries haven't helped him. I was surprised Rowett gave him a new contract though. I think Rowett gave up at a bout March and just offered new contracts to Hanson, Thorne and Foz when perhaps he should have been looking for better players.

Archived