Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Maybe they are thinking, if we get promoted then we will accept a couple of million fine if not then we will get a transfer window ban and small fine so sod it lets go for it....

Unless Vydra is is leaving ?

I said this at the beginning. Buy the the right players, try to sell some and take the bullet on FFP. 

In short let Frank have what he wants. 

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I have a theory. Mel has bought a little known Belgian side. On August 8th that side is going to buy Vydra for 18 million, Thorne for £5m, Martin for £3million and Butterfield on free. Cash injection... 

I literally thought about this the other day. It won’t be long until an owner does something like this  

29 minutes ago, 3766dan said:

Lowe has been one of our best players in Pre season. I know he’ll get a chance but also smart move to have two quality players for every position for a long season. 

Our fullbacks are going to expected to get in the attacking third during every attack. There is no way the same the two players can play all 46 games even without injuries. 

Anybody know why no Silva?

Because we want gold

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Technically a very good player, but also a bit of a dwarf and part of a defence that has a history of leaking goals. I think he’s seen as fashionable, hence the fee. 

being small is a mark of greatness if you are a left back!!

There surely must be a decent left back around who we can sign on loan. If Bryan is that good (personally I don't think he is) and only has a year left on his contract I would wait until January and then make a modest offer.

Scott Malone was decent at Fulham. I don't think he gets a regular game Huddersfield. Why not try to sign him?

21 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I literally thought about this the other day. It won’t be long until an owner does something like this  

Watford owners pretty much already have. They own Udinese and used to own Granada.  In fact... Little known fact. Vydra only actually played 1 game for Watford after they signed him as their player. All other games he played for them were on loan from Udinese. 

Anya was also in a similar situation loaned to them from Granada. 

I'm sure when Watford needed money once Behrami was sold to Udinese for massively over market value. FFP is Italy is very different. 

So we had two players who have previously been at clubs that do this... 

Would be an amazing signing. I listened to the phone in and today and someone mentioned DaSilva on loan and said to myself I would only replace Lowe with a top top LB like Bryan. Think we will need to pay 5 or 6 million though. 

It’s not the fine that is the issue with FFP, it’s the transfer embargo if you don’t get promoted. It set the red dogs back years. They had to give Jamie Ward a 4 year contract because they were only allowed to offer 10k per week wages! It’s a huge gamble but........

Don’t think either Bryan or Woods will happen, we’ll sign Evans, maybe Waghorn and hopefully shift a couple out with Vydra leaving....and we’ll still be within FFP.

Archived