Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

Bryan is a brilliant player from what I’ve seen, so would be delighted if we could pull this off. That said, the fees being branded about are quite high for a player with one year left, and is the position really a priority anymore? Guess it all depends if we think Lowe can be our first choice this season. Forsyth isn’t good enough so it looked a position of need but with Lowe stepping up, could the money be better used elsewhere? If we move Forsyth on I think Pedersen on loan would be the best option for now and we can reassess in January.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we need Bryan? If we really needed another LB then Barry Douglas was the pick. Solid defender, 5 goals and 14 assists.

If anything, we need cover for Wisdom. WIth Lowe, Fozzy, Olsson and possibly Pederson on loan, we need 'outs' not 'ins'.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Bryan is a brilliant player from what I’ve seen, so would be delighted if we could pull this off. That said, the fees being branded about are quite high for a player with one year left, and is the position really a priority anymore? Guess it all depends if we think Lowe can be our first choice this season. Forsyth isn’t good enough so it looked a position of need but with Lowe stepping up, could the money be better used elsewhere? If we move Forsyth on I think Pedersen on loan would be the best option for now and we can reassess in January.

Seriously? Bryan is a brilliant player! Forsyth isn’t good enough ? 

Look at the goals conceded when either is playing 

hopefully lowe will become the player we want him to be but their are question marks about his actual defending 

12 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Seriously? Bryan is a brilliant player! Forsyth isn’t good enough ? 

Look at the goals conceded when either is playing 

hopefully lowe will become the player we want him to be but their are question marks about his actual defending 

lowe has improved massive on his defending what i have seen over pre season and even when somebody has beaten him he has managed to get back and win the ball back 2nd time round

15 hours ago, 86 points said:

Why do we need Bryan? If we really needed another LB then Barry Douglas was the pick. Solid defender, 5 goals and 14 assists.

If anything, we need cover for Wisdom. WIth Lowe, Fozzy, Olsson and possibly Pederson on loan, we need 'outs' not 'ins'.

Insane stats for a defender there, although he was unknown before the start of last season, so we can't say he was the exact man to go for. 

What was the fee that Leeds ended up paying for him?

Surely he can't have such a highly productive season again.... That would be massively disappointing 

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

lowe has improved massive on his defending what i have seen over pre season and even when somebody has beaten him he has managed to get back and win the ball back 2nd time round

Fair enough - I did go to the games he played in and I don’t think we have done hardly any defending in reality but we all hope he has a fantastic season 

2 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Insane stats for a defender there, although he was unknown before the start of last season, so we can't say he was the exact man to go for. 

He played as a high wing back for Wolves. I wouldn't call him a defender as such, neither do Wolves who obviously thought he'd be found out defensively in the premier league.

It'll be interesting how he looks at Leeds this season as he's had one good season at the age of 29 to most of our knowledge.... sounds like the kind of £6m we USED (?) to make.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Fair enough - I did go to the games he played in and I don’t think we have done hardly any defending in reality but we all hope he has a fantastic season 

i totally agree but i was just pointing out he has made a few good tackles in pre season, he managed to keep redmond under control and made a few good tackles against wolves if he could stay fit i would be happy to give him a chance this year 

6 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

What was the fee that Leeds ended up paying for him?

Surely he can't have such a highly productive season again.... That would be massively disappointing 

Undisclosed fee I believe mate, but I seem to recall figures of around £4 mill being bandied about. Annoying that clubs don't disclose the fees being paid!

On 31/07/2018 at 10:53, Harrowram said:

I think Anya is bound for the MLS as might Olsen when fit. If we delay until Janiuary Bryan might be available for a snip!

MLS I’d do that now. Got to be even better than Scottish Prem for easy money?

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Any more news on this topic. Looks a very good player and could suit our system very well. lowe could be the perfect understudy 

From what i've seen of lowe pre season he should be nailed on to take the LB position. If he can stay injury free I think he'll be great this season, certainly an upgrade to fozzy imo.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

From what i've seen of lowe pre season he should be nailed on to take the LB position. If he can stay injury free I think he'll be great this season, certainly an upgrade to fozzy imo.

Completely agree with you. Lowe looks very solid but his injury record is not good and if were honest fozzy isnt quite a top 6 championship player anymore. i feel we ned bryan for depth in the squad

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Completely agree with you. Lowe looks very solid but his injury record is not good and if were honest fozzy isnt quite a top 6 championship player anymore. i feel we ned bryan for depth in the squad

Yeah, purely for the fact that all our LB's seem to be made of glass would be a good argument to signing him tbh. Bit pricey imo though but it's not my money so who cares ?

Archived