Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why not just go for Douglas at 3m ifnwe are bidding 3m for Bryan

If there's any substance to this then obviously Lampard prefers Bryan - besides I've not seen us linked to Douglas other than on the forum

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe has been one of our best players in Pre season. I know he’ll get a chance but also smart move to have two quality players for every position for a long season. 

Our fullbacks are going to expected to get in the attacking third during every attack. There is no way the same the two players can play all 46 games even without injuries. 

Anybody know why no Silva?

27 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I haven’t heard about this but I have pal who is best mates with Dean Smith’s son. 

Cut a story short, my mate is a Villa fan and they’ve been linked with Ryan Woods. He asked him about it and said it’s rubbish that Villa want him, but he is “probably going elsewhere” (I’ve seen the messages). He then said it was to Derby. 

Now this isn’t where I usually hear bits, and he could be on the windup, but it does beg the question along with this link, what is going on? I don’t know if all this happened before the Vydra deal collasped, and it doesn’t make sense that we want another midfielder with Evans coming in, but Lampard did say he watched Brentford a lot last season when discussing the Josefzoon transfer. Thought i’d share anyway 

I honestly think Morris has just looked at QPR's punishment and thought "duck it" 

40 odd million pound fine which they'll just pay in installments over god knows how many years and a transfer embargo through January. 

Not exactly a big detterent. 

Plus they got this 4 years after they've got promoted. 

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Bryan

Ledley

Bryson    Mount

Wilson           Marriott       Lawrence

Phwoar.

On paper sure, but watch Keogh manage to flick it all up somehow.  I'm kidding, honest

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely if we’ve bid 3m, Barry Douglas for the same price would have made sense? 

I’d rather Lowe have a go anyway 

I completely agree but thing is, Frank saying he wants young players Douglas said 29 as someone said earlier on...

I wonder if Mel is now thinking of getting these youngsters like Marriott thinking he could make a profit on them in years to come on all the money he’s losing out buying players that are in their early 30’s. Do I see us making profit on the likes of BJ, Anya, Nuge, Jerome? No...

I do wish we were more intelligent with out purchases in the past but this is the predicament we’ve found ourselves. 

Regards to Max I would love to have our home grown talent make it first into the first team but with his history with injuries, it would be a BIG gamble to make him our first choice with Fozzy as back up. 

28 minutes ago, dantheram said:

If he’s in the last year of his contract then I doubt you’ll find it that easy to call the shots. 

If no-one meets his valuation he won't be going anywhere, we don't need the money and certainly won't sell to clubs like yourselves who with the greatest respect aren't in half as good a position as we are financially.

If you bid 6m for him then you'd get him, wouldn't be bothered if he left for that price at all

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I honestly think Morris has just looked at QPR's punishment and thought "duck it" 

40 odd million pound fine which they'll just pay in installments over god knows how many years and a transfer embargo through January. 

I really can't think of another valid explanation as to where all the cash is coming from. 

25 minutes ago, JJH said:

Behave lads. Well documented we want 6m for Bryan, surprised we even gave that the courtesy of a response.

Bryan can be great but can be a liability, he's certainly not one of the best two left backs in the division, I do find it strange how highly rated he is by opposing fans in this division.

You should be buzzing to get rid of him then?

28 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

You clearly haven't seen the state of other left backs in the division, then. We finished 6th with Forsyth, Olsson and even Andi weimann playing left back. Villa finished 4th with Alan hutton playing out of position at left back. Its not a high bar. But even still, i though Bryan was generally very good every time i saw him. That may be because of what i was watching week in, week out, however

Cunningham, Douglas, Targett, Friend etc all were in the Championship last season and were better.

24 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely if we’ve bid 3m, Barry Douglas for the same price would have made sense? 

I’d rather Lowe have a go anyway 

Same here. With Lowe & Fozzy I think we're ok for that position.  Ryan Woods - yes please though I'll be surprised if there's any substance to it

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don’t even think it’s £40m of actual fines!

£22 of it is shareholders writing off loans and the actual £17m fine is payable over 10 years! So £1.7m a year which doesn’t even affect their FFP going forward...seems like a gamble worth taking to me. 

15 minutes ago, 3766dan said:

Lowe has been one of our best players in Pre season. I know he’ll get a chance but also smart move to have two quality players for every position for a long season. 

Our fullbacks are going to expected to get in the attacking third during every attack. There is no way the same the two players can play all 46 games even without injuries. 

Anybody know why no Silva?

Thiago or David? 

5 minutes ago, JJH said:

Cunningham, Douglas, Targett, Friend etc all were in the Championship last season and were better.

Douglas I agree. Targett was very good for half a season. Cunningham and Friend are good players but i wouldn't say they were as good as Bryan.

Archived