David Nugent

LB_DCFC

27 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Professional Contracts handed to youths are well protected and have options built in for extensions and upgrades depending on the progress they make short term.

Fair enough, I am unclear on the mechanics but if he turns in to the player people seem to think he might we at the very least want to make sure we get paid properly for him!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Personally I wouldn't discuss contracts with any of the players until the end of April. 

You want a new contract, show us over the season why you deserve one. 

It would be ideal for the club if they wanted to keep them but realistically it probably needs to be by January 

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The blades have just signed a striker to does that end their interest in Nugent

McGoldrick, I think he's similar to Nugent. Runs all day and bothers the defence. Surprised he's a free agent to be honest, he's got  a decent goal scoring record.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Sheff Utd dropped their interest in Nuge because they wouldn't match his wages according to his dad.

That will be the problem with all our out transfers.     We will have to do some negotiating and take some knocks if we want to do a clear out.

2 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

That will be the problem with all our out transfers.     We will have to do some negotiating and take some knocks if we want to do a clear out.

I think we've just got a ride out having an inflated squad till next season when a lot are out of contract. Then cut our loses and learn from it.

32 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

For us to Improve as a club and team Nugent needs to be dropped. Bring in Marriott who scored loads more than Nugent last season and If Waghorn comes he should be ahead of Nugent too.....

Short term he is fine but for a sustained period his legs fade - from Christmas last season he hardly got selected or influenced games much 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I think we've just got a ride out having an inflated squad till next season when a lot are out of contract. Then cut our loses and learn from it.

One of the downsides of that will probably be losing Mount and Wilson unless Lampard can wield his negotiating skills again

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One of the downsides of that will probably be losing Mount and Wilson unless Lampard can wield his negotiating skills again

Liverpool and Chelsea will ideally want them getting top flight experience next season, so when we get promoted, I reckon we've got a decent chance of keeping them ?.

Archived