David Nugent

LB_DCFC

54 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

That will be the problem with all our out transfers.     We will have to do some negotiating and take some knocks if we want to do a clear out.

He's nowhere near the top earners apparently, about £20,000 A week. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That was Preston, he's never played for Bolton

Oh yes... i should have gone to spec savers. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ambitious indeed. That's where he began... And scored against us in the play offs. 

59 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That was Preston, he's never played for Bolton

Ha that's weird - as soon as I read that tweet I thought he's going back to Bolton... he must have a Bolton vibe about him. I don't think that's a compliment.

PistoldPete2
19 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ha that's weird - as soon as I read that tweet I thought he's going back to Bolton... he must have a Bolton vibe about him. I don't think that's a compliment.

Well Preston is in the north west , so is Bolton so it's near enough. It's preston who were after jerome I think. who is after butterfield? fleetwood? Morecambe? 

I was talking to two of our then senior directors at the time that Nixon broke the story that we were signing Kelle Roos. They were a bit miffed that most of our transfer activity leaked out. They reckoned that Nixon got his info from the board at Bolton. Maybe he's still got contact there?

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Really like Nuge but I also think there's no room for sentiment in this game if we're serious about thining the squad. If others aren't moving, Nugent isn't pivotal to our plans having brought in Waghorn and Marriott, so let him go if the price is right.

The trouble is,at the moment,he's the only one of the three to actually score a goal for us and the one most likely to take his chances.

Once the others get up to speed,it's a different matter but with Martin still unavailable we would have to have a lot of faith placed in them to get the goals we need..(assuming Jerome's going too).

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The trouble is,at the moment,he's the only one of the three to actually score a goal for us and the one most likely to take his chances.

Once the others get up to speed,it's a different matter but with Martin still unavailable we would have to have a lot of faith placed in them to get the goals we need..(assuming Jerome's going too).

Nuge scored a lovely goal on Saturday, but so did Waghorn only the dodgy lino to flag for that one. I have faith in Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett scoring goals, backed up with very healthy contributions from Mount, Thomas and Wilson. We'll core plenty this season whether or not Nugent is involved.

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Nuge scored a lovely goal on Saturday, but so did Waghorn only the dodgy lino to flag for that one. I have faith in Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett scoring goals, backed up with very healthy contributions from Mount, Thomas and Wilson. We'll core plenty this season whether or not Nugent is involved.

Agree with this but not sure Thomas will score many for us until at least after Xmas!

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thomas is out on loan.

19 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Agree with this but not sure Thomas will score many for us until at least after Xmas!

9 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Thomas is out on loan.

Meant Lawrence, typed Thomas. Probably because subconsciously I'd rather we had Thomas!

Archived