David Nugent

LB_DCFC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if Nugent, Martin and Jerome were all free to leave as a trio.

With Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett we are still pretty covered.

I know Nugent still played yesterday but I can’t see us renewing his contract, chance to recoup a few quid would have made sense to help with FFP without being a major loss.

With him wanting to fight for his place suggests he wasn’t being given the push and no hope of game time. Just a move that may have been best for both party’s with guaranteed game time for him.

I can almost hear the conversation .. Nuge, you’re good, you are going to get used, we like you but there probably won’t be another contract .. so stay and play, we’d love it and you can go on a free at the end of the season ... or Bolton want you now for a 2year deal. Take your pick......  Nuge .. “it’s ok here, loving winding up the young lads, seeing their enthusiasm, someone will want me next year .. so no worries I’m having fun and promotion would be a nice feather in my cap” 

well that’s how I’d like to think the conversation went but I’m an incurable sportsman and want to think everyone’s the same 

Nuge is a good option to have. Wont play every game but when he does play he will give it his all. Knows the division, always pops up with a goal & has incredible work rate which probably sets a good example to the youth. Id rather have him in the squad than not have him. 

On 02/09/2018 at 14:42, jono said:

well that’s how I’d like to think the conversation went but I’m an incurable sportsman and want to think everyone’s the same 

I prefer to think he came into Frankie's office chanting "Nuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggeeeeeee" - Didn't stop the whole time Frankie was talking - And then continued as he walked out and back down the corridor off to do some extra training...

But then I prefer to think life is an endless sitcom rather than think of it in real terms

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I prefer to think he came into Frankie's office chanting "Nuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggeeeeeee" - Didn't stop the whole time Frankie was talking - And then continued as he walked out and back down the corridor off to do some extra training...

But then I prefer to think life is an endless sitcom rather than think of it in real terms

Surely life is an endless sitcom? This stuff couldn't possibly be real. Could it? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggeeeeeee...

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surely life is an endless sitcom? This stuff couldn't possibly be real. Could it? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggeeeeeee...

I'm going to ONLY say that to people at work tomorrow if they try and communicate with me - See how long before I get sent home

Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeee

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm going to ONLY say that to people at work tomorrow if they try and communicate with me - See how long before I get sent home

Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeee

I promise to do likewise. Though as I work from home it might not make quite so much of a difference.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeee!

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I promise to do likewise. Though as I work from home it might not make quite so much of a difference.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeee!

Hmm, I might try this. But as I live and work in the Bath area and most of my colleagues are Bath RFC supporters ( as am I). 

I think shouting Nuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggeeeeeee might get a strange reaction.

I will let you know.

Archived