David Nugent

LB_DCFC

Said when he came in and throughout his time, it was a genius signing in comparison to paying out whatever it was on Jordan Rhodes. But it had to be short term and is probably the time to move on.

Like the guy and works for the team but his running about, and at times just doing Vydra’s donkey work, instead of maybe being a bit more selfish has done him no favours in the end in my opinion. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Suspect we will only be left with one of those. But Blackman is looking nigh on impossible to shift, feel for him.

Keep the faith, someone will take him either for peanuts or on loan.

We're seeing him at close quarters, most of them will just see a player who was on fire in this division a couple of years back who also did well in Israel. Let them believe he can go to cut costs. 

A number of sides could take him late on if they feel their attack needs a bit extra. Wouldn't be surprised to see Clement take him back to Reading. 

I think lampard rates him, going by what he said after the game on Saturday, may have lost a yard but has a lot to offer the younger players in the dressing room and really really good with the fans. Certainly not irreplaceable but he always gives you something during a game. 

Looks like a great guy to have around the team but so did Russell, can't keep a player based on their personality. For how we want to play we could've done with the Nugent of 10 years ago, imo he hasn't got the legs to do it now, we need someone of the same style but younger, i.e Marriott.

Personally i'd rather keep Jerome over Nugent as a back up as I just feel Jerome is a different kind of option from the bench and showed at the end of last season that he can bully teams at this level still.

750k would be a good deal for both, we’ve got a wage and an extra space for Marriott they’ve got a still decent player. Just lost that extra yard we’ve seen it all pre season he just can’t find that goal

He's a more useful striker in the system we've seen this pre-season than Jerome, in my opinion. He's not the player he was five years ago, but he's still a decent Championship forward. I wouldn't be overly gutted to lose him, similarly I wouldn't be over the moon to see him go unless the fee was larger than what we paid. 

I don't think there's anything in this. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Virtually word for word what I was going to post.....

At 33 he isn't going to get any better. Jerome is almost 32 and Chris Martin is 30 this year. From what I can gather Lampard's style of play demands young legs and plenty of energy, and our strikers are ageing.

Just now, Ambitious said:

He's a more useful striker in the system we've seen this pre-season than Jerome, in my opinion. He's not the player he was five years ago, but he's still a decent Championship forward. I wouldn't be overly gutted to lose him, similarly I wouldn't be over the moon to see him go unless the fee was larger than what we paid. 

I don't think there's anything in this. 

Trouble is, he wouldn't be the sort to change the game with 20 to go, as you'd want someone coming on with a different style if plan A isn't working.

So he'd be here as an insurance for if Marriott (for example) gets injured. Do we pay the wages of someone like that?

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

An anyone realistically expect to get over £2 mil because I can’t. 33 with a year left in contract. 

Woukd ratger see Jerome and Blackman go first but can’t see Nuge as a starter. He would never finish a full match!

Well don't you know that a 34 Year old has just gone for 105 Million? ? 

Just kidding and I completely agree.

Archived