Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Liverpool wanting 20m according to Daily Fail.

Mount must be a close to the same figure. I'd take them both and Tomori in a flash if we went up. Not as if we are signing another Earnshaw or Miller.

Even if we didn't get promoted, paid in installments, promotion clause, other clauses too. Well worth a punt. Imagine getting promoted at Wembley then signing those 3 again, Hughes coming back too. 

13 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

It does happen, but not often.  Clubs tend to loan to one club with the intention of loaning to a 'better' club the following season.

That being said, and despite the goals he has scored this season, I'm not sure he is the type of player we need if we go up.  His style is what we would want (i.e. fancy footwork etc.) but unless we have some major investment, we may have to play scrappily to survive and I'm not sure he is up for that.

There is no better club mate, trust me lol

13 hours ago, Papahet said:

Mount must be a close to the same figure. I'd take them both and Tomori in a flash if we went up. Not as if we are signing another Earnshaw or Miller.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mount was valued much higher than 20m. Central midfielders are hard to come by and I think Chelsea know they have a gem there.

They surely wont want to sell for anything less than crazy money?

Of the three I think Tomori is the most likely permanent deal if we did get promoted. Hell, if we stay down I'd be tempted to throw money at him if that is a possibility.

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I believe Prem rules state you can only loan one player from a club so we’d have to loan Mount and buy Tomori ?

Doh! Difficult decision that one.

Plan B is sign Tomori, loan Mount. 

On 17/05/2019 at 18:57, Papahet said:

When we go up id be happy signing all three loan players then just bringing in a couple on loan 

DET reporting that Wolves want him and Liverpool have slapped a £25m fee on him (gone up £5m in a few days by the looks of it).  

If we do go up, I’m not sure I’d spend that kind of cash on him as good as he has been (though it isn’t my money so what do I care... my valuations might also be a tad out of date too) 

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

DET reporting that Wolves want him and Liverpool have slapped a £25m fee on him (gone up £5m in a few days by the looks of it).  

If we do go up, I’m not sure I’d spend that kind of cash on him as good as he has been (though it isn’t my money so what do I care... my valuations might also be a tad out of date too) 

FFS, we are now going to have to change our song! Twenty five million doesn’t flow as well!

Wasn't aware there was a limit of 2 loanees either (I don't really watch the Prem when we're not in it)

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

Devils advocate, would you take straight swap for Bogle?

52 minutes ago, Rample said:

Devils advocate, would you take straight swap for Bogle?

No way. Would not want the possibility of having Bogle play against us.... see I think Wilson is good, but I'd definitely rather keep Bogle 

5 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

FFS, we are now going to have to change our song! Twenty five million doesn’t flow as well!

Twoooo Harry Wilson’s, are probably worth 50 million, their free kicks are bloody brilliant and they hate Forest!

Sorted

I'd be very unsure spending £25 mill on Wilson. There's no doubting his ability on his left foot but he goes missing in games far too often. 

That kind of money could easily buy a couple of the better players from teams that have failed to go up. I'd rather have someone like Matt Philips for a fraction of that price. 

Archived