Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

If he’s the youngest player to play for Wales, does that mean he could be even better than Lewin Nyatanga?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves 

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

If he’s the youngest player to play for Wales, does that mean he could be even better than Lewin Nyatanga?

He took Bale's record so hopefully he can be as good as him. 

40 minutes ago, rynny said:

He took Bale's record so hopefully he can be as good as him. 

Even If he’s half the player Bale is he’d He unbelievable at the level. 

Still rmeember Bales free kick against us for Southampton as a 16 year old, he proper looked like the Tetley tea chimps back then to 

18 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Genuinely fed up of one particular poster getting a hard-on from being such a contrived contrarian and believing that all of the fans’ football knowledge revolves around him. duck off.

Yeah...  me too....I have people with opinions who contribute to forums. Booooo

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

Typical Liverpool fans, they called Flanagan the scouse Cafu 

Are you sure they didn't say "Scouse cat food"?

27 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah...  me too....I have people with opinions who contribute to forums. Booooo

I'm going to choose not to be flippant here and make a point of your typo

We love that you contribute an opinion - And whilst we all know I'll happily argue with anyone about anything (when they're wrong) I appreciate all viewpoints :)

The problem was you attributed your opinion to everyone - You said "no-one" knew who he was rather than just saying you didn't know who he was - That's not expressing your opinion, that's dictating other people's opinions

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'm going to choose not to be flippant here and make a point of your typo

We love that you contribute an opinion - And whilst we all know I'll happily argue with anyone about anything (when they're wrong) I appreciate all viewpoints :)

The problem was you attributed your opinion to everyone - You said "no-one" knew who he was rather than just saying you didn't know who he was - That's not expressing your opinion, that's dictating other people's opinions

Ok, no one except you knew who either of our new signings are..... I am only being flippant of course.

but it must amaze you the amount of people who are saying that Mount likes to play just behind the striker, drifts right and has a great left foot, the new Lampard and that Wilson is the new Salah/Torres etc....when you know that 99.9% of the people had zero idea who either of them was before last week..

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ok, no one except you knew who either of our new signings are..... I am only being flippant of course.

but it must amaze you the amount of people who are saying that Mount likes to play just behind the striker, drifts right and has a great left foot, the new Lampard and that Wilson is the new Salah/Torres etc....when you know that 99.9% of the people had zero idea who either of them was before last week..

Actually I don't know that at all - That's simply your opinion on the things your fellow forum-members say

I wasn't overly familiar with Wilson before last week but I choose to assume that if people say they knew someone before then that they probably did

Their knowledge could be terrible still though...

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Except people did know who they were. I remembered mount from watching the u19 World cup last year and Wilson played in the same division as us last year. I didn't know much about Mount, but i remember that he ran the show for England, but I had no Idea how he'd got on since then. Wilson, well if you hadn't heard of the player of the month in the same division as us, that's down to your own lack of knowledge, not assuming that because you didn't know of him, therefore everyone else didn't know of him.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Mount isn't exactly a secret? If your only focus is Derby & the Premier League then yeah, of course, you wouldn't have heard of him. However, Mount has been included in just about every future England stars article in the past two years. When England won the u19 euro cup (whatever it's called) he won the player of the tournament trophy. Last season, he was the highest scoring midfielder in Eredivisie - no more or less of a secret than the young lad who plays for Dortmund. 

People cotton on to young English lads doing well overseas. 

I haven't seen him play, no, but I've seen the highlights, I've seen the reports, I've seen the statistics & I've seen the awards he has won. Although none of us have seen him play, probably, the ones who have don't half wax lyrical about him. Mount certainly isn't just another good young player. He's a hell of a lot more than that. 

Wilson, on the other hand, scored more goals than any of our wingers last season despite only playing in 13 games. Hull fans, again, that have watched him rave about him. Liverpool fans like him. 

I don't watch anywhere near enough football to start getting excited about other team's players. I just read the reaction of the fans that do watch them, see what their numbers are like, etc and then get an idea of who we are signing. Frank Lampard & Jody Morris, in particular, will know Mount better than they know any of our players. 

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Except people did know who they were. I remembered mount from watching the u19 World cup last year and Wilson played in the same division as us last year. I didn't know much about Mount, but i remember that he ran the show for England, but I had no Idea how he'd got on since then. Wilson, well if you hadn't of heard of the player of the month in the same division as us, that's down to your own lack of knowledge, not assuming that because you didn't know of him, therefore everyone else didn't know of him.

Ok... player of the month....for last season..

August Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Cardiff City - Never heard of him

September Aden Flint Bristol City - Heard of this one!

October Léo Bonatini Wolverhampton Wanderers - Never heard of him

November Leon Clarke Sheffield United - Only remember him because he was rubbish and somehow scored against us?

December Scott Carson Derby County - I think I know who this is

January Ryan Sessegnon Fulham - Did you know he is only 11 years old?

February Oliver McBurnie Barnsley - Never heard of him

March Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - Have they signed him yet?

April Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - See above

So out of 9 I genuinely haven't heard of 3 of them and I don't see Wilson on that list anywhere...but hey what do I know..

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ok... player of the month....for last season..

August Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Cardiff City - Never heard of him

September Aden Flint Bristol City - Heard of this one!

October Léo Bonatini Wolverhampton Wanderers - Never heard of him

November Leon Clarke Sheffield United - Only remember him because he was rubbish and somehow scored against us?

December Scott Carson Derby County - I think I know who this is

January Ryan Sessegnon Fulham - Did you know he is only 11 years old?

February Oliver McBurnie Barnsley - Never heard of him

March Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - Have they signed him yet?

April Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - See above

May Players to watch out for next season, Whosit Wilson, and some kid Mount from Chelski 

So out of 9 I genuinely haven't heard of 3 of them and I don't see Wilson on that list anywhere...but hey what do I know..

You can’t bloody read mate, it’s the chlorine in your pool.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mount isn't exactly a secret? If your only focus is Derby & the Premier League then yeah, of course, you wouldn't have heard of him. However, Mount has been included in just about every future England stars article in the past two years. When England won the u19 euro cup (whatever it's called) he won the player of the tournament trophy. Last season, he was the highest scoring midfielder in Eredivisie - no more or less of a secret than the young lad who plays for Dortmund. 

People cotton on to young English lads doing well overseas. 

I haven't seen him play, no, but I've seen the highlights, I've seen the reports, I've seen the statistics & I've seen the awards he has won. Although none of us have seen him play, probably, the ones who have don't half wax lyrical about him. Mount certainly isn't just another good young player. He's a hell of a lot more than that. 

Wilson, on the other hand, scored more goals than any of our wingers last season despite only playing in 13 games. Hull fans, again, that have watched him rave about him. Liverpool fans like him. 

I don't watch anywhere near enough football to start getting excited about other team's players. I just read the reaction of the fans that do watch them, see what their numbers are like, etc and then get an idea of who we are signing. Frank Lampard & Jody Morris, in particular, will know Mount better than they know any of our players. 

Way to sensible for this forum ?

Archived