Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That performance basically embodied the reasons I am flabbergasted by the £25m price tag.

Not just his general absence from most of the game, but the fact that in the last 15 minutes where we were in the ascendancy, he regularly found himself in space with numbers in the box and never found a Derby player. Just floated it to the GK every time.

He's been wonderfully entertaining all season, but he's still got so much growing to do. Looked like any other Champ winger today.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That performance basically embodied the reasons I am flabbergasted by the £25m price tag.

Not just his general absence from most of the game, but the fact that in the last 15 minutes where we were in the ascendancy, he regularly found himself in space with numbers in the box and never found a Derby player. Just floated it to the GK every time.

He's been wonderfully entertaining all season, but he's still got so much growing to do. Looked like any other Champ winger today.

The tactics deployed today didn’t suit him, Huddlestone looking to go back everytime and having a two players that can’t work a back line doesn’t help him

11 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

The tactics deployed today didn’t suit him, Huddlestone looking to go back everytime and having a two players that can’t work a back line doesn’t help him

To be fair I would say the same for Mount today, didn't really get in the game...….

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

To be fair I would say the same for Mount today, didn't really get in the game...….

Agree but think that was more about the movement. We had nothing down the left with Cole and Johnson (not a criticism just not their roles)

On 27/05/2019 at 17:41, SaintRam said:

Not something I'd shout about as it's a massively unpopular opinion, but I think he's quite overrated. He's had a season where lots of outrageous efforts from outside box have gone in (Butterfield had a spell like that) but when he isn't doing that I don't think he does enough else.

Still young though as you point out, and has a long career to learn in yet.

He’s young a full international who plays week in week out and scores goals and that is what other teams and fans see. He has done well with us and was a great loan but as with all 3 of the young loans he has played regularly for 18 months as has tomori and Mount for the past 24 months so they now want to play every single week and Wilson is sensible enough to know it’s not going to happen at Liverpool and it’s not going to happen for Tomori at Chelsea either and Mount would just have not enough game time at Chelsea 

they are proper playing professionals now which is great to see - we did our part and they did their part  

On 05/07/2018 at 14:31, rynny said:

Only seen him play against our under 23s last season, and he looked better than everyone else on the pitch, when he wasn't diving and moaning at the ref. 

Just seen this, quite a good description from the Rynster.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Still 6/4 to sign for us and the official Derby Twitter account is talking about his international call-up like he’s our player ??‍♂️

Probably still is until the end of the month !

Take away the set pieces and I really don’t see the hype. His free kicks themselves have been poor for awhile too.

He's decent, but I wouldn’t be overly sad if he went elsewhere and we brought Ibe back for a season. Pace, goals and creativity 

Cant believe I’m saying it after 18 goals, but just seems like a passenger most games ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Ice cool penalty taker.

We didnt miss a penalty last year from anyone. We got all the way to Richard Keogh taking a penalty against Man Utd. Dont really think penalty taker is a position we will have an issue with.

12 hours ago, Papahet said:

Take away the set pieces and I really don’t see the hype. His free kicks themselves have been poor for awhile too.

He's decent, but I wouldn’t be overly sad if he went elsewhere and we brought Ibe back for a season. Pace, goals and creativity 

Cant believe I’m saying it after 18 goals, but just seems like a passenger most games ?‍♂️

Spot on, I think the wonder goals have covered over the lack of performance in most games which sounds crazy after the number of goals he has scored. I do think though that if Lawrence put in the same performances as Wilson had been doing many would be calling for his head! 

Nowhere near Liverpools first team nor worth 25m. If he isnt careful on his next move he could turn into a Bamford, done well in the Champ during a couple of loan spells but does nothing in the Prem then ends back up in the Champ...looks like Ibe may end up doing the same too

Archived