Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So out of 9 I genuinely haven't heard of 3 of them and I don't see Wilson on that list anywhere...but hey what do I know..

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/301193-harry-wilson-championship-player-of-the-month

won PFA player of the month for April. Different competitions, I guess, but this is the one I saw. You need to get watching the championship, mate. Mendez laing scored 5 in his first 5, Bonatini 2nd top scorer for the champions and Mcburnie, even if you had never seen him play (played against us last day of season), his name was in the suggested transfer threads and was linked to us in the press and will probably start for Swansea this season.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/301193-harry-wilson-championship-player-of-the-month

won PFA player of the month for April. Different competitions, I guess, but this is the one I saw. You need to get watching the championship, mate. Mendez laing scored 5 in his first 5, Bonatini 2nd top scorer for the champions and Mcburnie, even if you had never seen him play (played against us last day of season), his name was in the suggested transfer threads and was linked to us in the press and will probably start for Swansea this season.

THanks for the info...I have still never heard of any of them... I will pay more attention next season I promise...

having said all this...I hope they both do well for us this season. 

And, no one can disagree that none of us had ever heard of Paulo Wanchope, Mart Poom, Igor Stimac, Asa Adamovic or even Stefan Shnoor before they came to us..

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And, no one can disagree that none of us had ever heard of Paulo Wanchope, Mart Poom, Igor Stimac, Asa Adamovic or even Stefan Shnoor before they came to us..

Still haven't heard of him mate ?

18 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Ok... player of the month....for last season..

August Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Cardiff City - Never heard of him

September Aden Flint Bristol City - Heard of this one!

October Léo Bonatini Wolverhampton Wanderers - Never heard of him

November Leon Clarke Sheffield United - Only remember him because he was rubbish and somehow scored against us?

December Scott Carson Derby County - I think I know who this is

January Ryan Sessegnon Fulham - Did you know he is only 11 years old?

February Oliver McBurnie Barnsley - Never heard of him

March Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - Have they signed him yet?

April Aleksandar Mitrović Fulham - See above

So out of 9 I genuinely haven't heard of 3 of them and I don't see Wilson on that list anywhere...but hey what do I know..

That just suggests that you have very little knowledge of football outside of Derby (I’m not too dissimilar, though I know all of the above). Doesn’t mean everyone else is the same.

10 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That just suggests that you have very little knowledge of football outside of Derby (I’m not too dissimilar, though I know all of the above). Doesn’t mean everyone else is the same.

I don't know much about Derby.....

3 hours ago, thederbyram said:

And now Bob's no longer your uncle!

Well you say that but if your auntie had balls?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

As good as he's been for his this season - still feels like he's nowhere near Liverpool's first team.

Assuming we don't go up - would they loan him out again? Seems like being loaned to the same club twice is not the done thing though - or have I imagined that?

15 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

As good as he's been for his this season - still feels like he's nowhere near Liverpool's first team.

Assuming we don't go up - would they loan him out again? Seems like being loaned to the same club twice is not the done thing though - or have I imagined that?

It does happen, but not often.  Clubs tend to loan to one club with the intention of loaning to a 'better' club the following season.

That being said, and despite the goals he has scored this season, I'm not sure he is the type of player we need if we go up.  His style is what we would want (i.e. fancy footwork etc.) but unless we have some major investment, we may have to play scrappily to survive and I'm not sure he is up for that.

24 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

They will have seen his goals and they have been very good goals 

As much as I like him, I feel if we got promoted then we would need a more industrious player than him in the side. Equally, if we stay down then I don't think we would be in a position to sign him. 

He would probably do well as a bit-part player for Liverpool, somewhere where he can show his flashes of brilliance without being detrimental to the team. I could see him going somewhere like West Ham/Palace/Newcastle otherwise. 

Mount and Tomori in particularly are much more important if we have a chance to sign any of them again - loan or otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

It does happen, but not often.  Clubs tend to loan to one club with the intention of loaning to a 'better' club the following season.

We will be a better club next season. This is just the start of Lampard's revolution!  

Archived