Is anything happening ??

S8TY

I am probably totally wrong but is anyone else getting the impression that  nothing at all is currently happening at our club? Like we are sort of shut down until after the World Cup as Frank is on punditry duty maybe?

Ive stopped looking to see if we,ve signed anyone as I’ve convinced myself that basically everyone is away as backroom staff are yet to be announced and we seem to be stuck with Rowetts old backroom boys.

As I said I may well be totally wrong and there’s loads of work going on but to me it kinda feels like we are waiting to get going which means we will miss out on potentially good signings as other teams are probably well ahead of us .

it seems really quiet and no doubt I’m well wide of the mark but do hope there’s lots going on as this window will seem short and if Frank needs to assess the squad first then that will shorten it even more ( I’m actually hoping he doesn’t need to do that ) and hope we have a few younger players on our radar .....we currently have 2 assistants as well as Kevin Summerfield is still here .....Why??

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me most is seeing Leeds linked to Abel Hernandez and our star man. Then Forest signing players for 10 million plus.

Kid ourselves all we want, but those sides will be challenging next season, whereas our squad ie Nugent, Jerome, Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley are another year into their 30s and another step closer to the legs going.

I honestly think we are in the bog with FFP and can't buy until weve sold: Vydra (our only asset) doesnt seem to be getting the bidding war we all expected.

Many of our players are in the final year of their contracts. Unless Frank can work miracles with a combination of young Chelsea loanees and the existing old heads I think this season may pass by until some of the dead wood leaves-unless they can be persuaded to go early.

Looks like Frank is in England for his Birthday so i'm sure things are happening at the club & the world cup has no relevance at all, its been on a week and Lampard has been a pundit once. Seems he is only doing the England games so he is there 1 day a week, no different to when he was in scouting at the Toulon tournament surely?

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looks like Frank is in England for his Birthday so i'm sure things are happening at the club & the world cup has no relevance at all, its been on a week and Lampard has been a pundit once. Seems he is only doing the England games so he is there 1 day a week, no different to when he was in scouting at the Toulon tournament surely?

Yup. He said previously he was only there for the first two weeks then he’s back in time for pre season I believe. 

Panic, Panic, Panic.

Chill out and give it time.

I am sure if you look at past summer transfer windows, they are traditionally slower when the world cup is on.

Frank is aware that we have little or no money, he is not stupid and certainly doesn't seem to be running around panicking.

Mel is astute and I am sure if he wouldn't have employed someone knowing they were away for the world cup if he thought it would impact on what was required.

So a little patience and I am sure the excitement will build soon

You have to remember that FL is widely recognised as having made the most of his talents as a player. This came about from working harder than anybody else. Why would that stop now? He's made a decision to go into management having clearly been offered an easy life in punditry. Why would he then jeopardise that by just chilling? I suspect he's working incredibly hard behind the scenes and getting everything in order for preseason. He doesn't have to be in the country or at the training ground to do that. 

With regard to signings and transfer activity. First have signed someone and Preston have signed a few. Aside from that very little has happened and I'm glad it hasn't happened with us. We don't have a bad group of players. They need coaching and developing and neither the manager or assistant manager have seen them play. So for the unity of the squad and the ownership of it himself I suspect he's giving them all a chance to prove in preseason what they are about. I've yet to see a transfer within our reach, this close season, that I'm envious of or think would have massively improved us. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Franks been out in Russia, Jody Morris has gone on holiday. I just hope the preparation is as thorough as it need to be, remeber when Pearson came up with the great idea of cutting pre season short? We looked tired for the majority of the season.

Pearson having a great idea? Never likely was it? ?

In his interview Frank mentioned having 5 weeks of pre-season which would mean the players come back first week of July, don't know if an official date has been released but maybe he will want a week with the full squad before making any final calls on who he wants gone? I'd imagine he would have a rough idea who he wants to leave but some may convince him to keep them and maybe some who he thought he'd keep may then change his mind to actually get rid.

13 hours ago, Papahet said:

What worries me most is seeing Leeds linked to Abel Hernandez and our star man. Then Forest signing players for 10 million plus.

Kid ourselves all we want, but those sides will be challenging next season, whereas our squad ie Nugent, Jerome, Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley are another year into their 30s and another step closer to the legs going.

I honestly think we are in the bog with FFP and can't buy until weve sold: Vydra (our only asset) doesnt seem to be getting the bidding war we all expected.

You're absolutely right - there's just no point in continuing to support Derby any more. Let's just pack it in.

We knew from the minute he joined that he had pre-contracted agreements to do some TV for the World Cup and that his missus is due at the start of September.  If we haven't been ale to plan around those two things then quite frankly we deserve to be relegated. Twice

Archived