Is anything happening ??

S8TY

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, curtains said:

hope to see a good pre season but I’m not expecting anything to be honest. 

Let’s not forget what pre season is for and keep those expectations low......burning off the barbecues and tequila, swapping the Piz Buin for Deep Heat and getting fit for the season is all it is, trying a few things out on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Let’s not forget what pre season is for and keep those expectations low......burning off the barbecues and tequila, swapping the Piz Buin for Deep Heat and getting fit for the season is all it is, trying a few things out on the pitch.

22E94271-B959-48CD-BD00-8CBDE9F834E5.thumb.jpeg.5b2c958d2af4b11c09c420f0655aa1cb.jpeg

Monday 2nd July - all players back, , new backroom staff in place, new FFP year. That is when things will start moving.

@curtains - it feels like ever since the season ended you've been on a mission to be downbeat, negative and miserable. Cheer up a bit, 18-19 might be amazing, it might be woeful, it could even just be average, but there's nothing you can do about it, especially at this stage, so just relax, enjoy the World Cup and see where we are in terms of squad come end of August. Coming on here and posting about how worried you are, or convinced we're broke, or looking for negatives does nobody any good, least of all yourself.

17 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Monday 2nd July - all players back, , new backroom staff in place, new FFP year. That is when things will start moving.

@curtains - it feels like ever since the season ended you've been on a mission to be downbeat, negative and miserable. Cheer up a bit, 18-19 might be amazing, it might be woeful, it could even just be average, but there's nothing you can do about it, especially at this stage, so just relax, enjoy the World Cup and see where we are in terms of squad come end of August. Coming on here and posting about how worried you are, or convinced we're broke, or looking for negatives does nobody any good, least of all yourself.

You mean after all the negatives about Rowett I should be singing and dancing now others are happy. 

Just now, curtains said:

You mean after all the negatives about Rowett I should be singing and dancing now others are happy. 

It’s a fresh start. Millions of eyes are now on our wonderful football club. We’ve got a passionate, intellectual individual as our manager with some of the best connections in the business. This is a good a time as any to start being positive and embrace the good feeling in the air.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Well that's it, Rowett has gone now, there's no need to keep thinking about his negatives.

There are many things to look forward to this season, look ahead rather than behind...

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Answered succinctly by others above - if you felt there were lots of negatives associated with Rowett - surely you are feeling positive about the change in manager?

You don't have to be a  blind faither or happy clapper but the impression I get from your posts over the last few weeks is just massive cynicism and a determination to be negative about everything.

We all have reservations about aspects of DCFC, but it's part of the journey, we're starting a new chapter, let's look forward to it and take it as it comes! Plenty is going on behind the scenes, I genuinely do know that, timing of it going public will be planned carefully.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks, do what you feel is best mate. COYR.

2 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Answered succinctly by others above - if you felt there were lots of negatives associated with Rowett - surely you are feeling positive about the change in manager?

You don't have to be a  blind faither or happy clapper but the impression I get from your posts over the last few weeks is just massive cynicism and a determination to be negative about everything.

We all have reservations about aspects of DCFC, but it's part of the journey, we're starting a new chapter, let's look forward to it and take it as it comes! Plenty is going on behind the scenes, I genuinely do know that, timing of it going public will be planned carefully.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks, do what you feel is best mate. COYR.

New chapter for the 10th time 

Rowett decided to go himself so I can’t be too critical of DCFC on that but I can’t helped wondering why we have to change managers so much. 

Sorry for being negative .

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

New chapter for the 10th time 

Rowett decided to go himself so I can’t be too critical of DCFC on that but I can’t helped wondering why we have to change managers so much. 

Sorry for being negative .

It is what it is, go with the flow. Better than being boring same old every year. Got to get it right eventually!

And no worries, have a good day.

6 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

What DO you mean Tom?

this is curtains’ holiday mood? 

We should be celebrating, after all we have a new manager who has not only never done the job before yet is so confident that he can take two weeks off and work as a pundit before dealing with the applications from the mass of players clamouring to join the club. Sharp contrast to 2006-7 when Billy Dainty said weeks before the first game in the Premiership: Nobody wants to come to Derby.

How cool then is Mr L?

12 minutes ago, peartreecres said:

We should be celebrating, after all we have a new manager who has not only never done the job before yet is so confident that he can take two weeks off and work as a pundit before dealing with the applications from the mass of players clamouring to join the club. Sharp contrast to 2006-7 when Billy Dainty said weeks before the first game in the Premiership: Nobody wants to come to Derby.

How cool then is Mr L?

You do realise he came back to Derby during the week last week before flying back out to Russia yes? To say he’s done nothing is madness. 

6 hours ago, peartreecres said:

Merely getting on board with the confidence thing. As for what he’s done: I’d be delighted to to hear what he’s done (apart from flying out to Russia and appearing on Play to the Whistle, obviously). 

I'm sure most would be equally delighted to hear how you know that he has not been getting on with the job.

As far as I know, the players are still on holiday and I guess no signings to be made until 1st July, so don't really understand your outrage at him being in Russia. 

7 hours ago, peartreecres said:

How cool then is Mr L?

Let's put this into some perspective. I would say that 3 months ago Frank Lampard wasn't really on anyone's radar as a potential manager.

It all cam out of the blue in very quick time.

I am sure you realise that the world cup in Russia has been planned for quite sometime and I would also hazard a guess that Frank Lampard would have agreed to do some punditry way before he even considered signing on as a manager.

So one thing this has shown me is that Lampard sticks by his commitments and isn't the type to let someone down.

Hopefully he will remain loyal to Derby in the future.

Archived