Rams or England ?

Seaside Ram

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always club before country but it is closer than normal this time because the country so desperately needs a lift and a distraction from the relentless negativity of the media and many others. 

Though any team with Jessie Lingard in it has very little chance as we saw to our cost - it was like playing with ten men. 

Not even close, England.

When England do really well you can talk to anybody about it more or less and they are excited.

The entire country is jazzed with people getting involved who don't even really care about football normally.

When I try and explain it to people here in the US they just don't get it, they have no reference point.

Plus also the FA Cup is so devalued compared to 30-years ago.

19 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was trying to link a picture of Liz Macdonald for Derby but it said it was copyrighted...what the duck for??

I can't be 100% sure with a board like this, but broadly speaking copyright laws don't apply on social media.

I had a 2 year battle with Getty Images demanding money off me for using copyrighted images on my blog.

Sharing is fine, but once you download and then use on anything that can be seen as 'for profit' you're open to be sued. 

On 19/06/2018 at 07:18, GermanRam said:

There's no question (between Rams or Germany): Rams.

I often get asked if Rams or SV Kickers.. which is not easy to answer.

But in general: club > national team.

Only cos you you get to the final every 4 years anyway

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

But would you say he wasn’t home grown as well if he did?

Given he has spent most of his career then probably yes.  Huddlestone has returned in his twilight years, I don’t see him as home grown personally, just my view though.

Rams every time. I'm Derby born and bred and fiercely proud of my roots. Over the years I've lost a bit of interest in the national team. I really am trying to get behind England but for some reason I can't summon up the passion. During 1966 to the nineties I was an ardent England supporter. Anyone else noticed a lack of flags on houses and cars? I wish I could get the love back. Ideas anyone?

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Only cos you you get to the final every 4 years anyway

Haha not at all..

I actually rarely watch Germany matches apart from EC or WC.  Tbh I couldn't care less.

I wouldn't miss a Rams pre-season match broadcasted by RamsTV though or an away game with Kickers. This is just the difference. Watching Germany doesn't make you feel happy or whatever.. It's just more or less meaningless. Obiously EC and WC are something different to watch as I'm a football fanatic primarily, still it's something so different from club football. And believe me - well I suppose you know anywway - all this German national team hype is just artificially maintained. It's a huge difference to England, guess it's a mentality thing in a way.

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

FA cup im not bothered about. I'd rather England won the WC.

Promotion or WC is a better choice. Promotion all day long.

Really? Even though we could get relegated the very next year? World cup victory is remembered for ever. Promotion can be forgotten about pretty quickly.

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really? Even though we could get relegated the very next year? World cup victory is remembered for ever. Promotion can be forgotten about pretty quickly.

Why would we get relegated the next year ? None of the teams who went up got relegated the following year.

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Why would we get relegated the next year ? None of the teams who went up got relegated the following year.

Why wouldn't we? We have no idea. Last time we went up we were the worst team in history, do you look back fondly at that? 

Winning a trophy will ALWAYS be better than promotion. I'd take an FA cup win over promotion in the next 5 years in a heartbeat. Promotion would be great, but would I take it over a trophy? No. 

The world cup is the greatest tournament on the earth.

Just now, Andicis said:

Why wouldn't we? We have no idea. Last time we went up we were the worst team in history, do you look back fondly at that? 

Winning a trophy will ALWAYS be better than promotion. I'd take an FA cup win over promotion in the next 5 years in a heartbeat. Promotion would be great, but would I take it over a trophy? No. 

The world cup is the greatest tournament on the earth.

So you're more bothered about the FA cup than the league ? Doesn't make sense.

So what if the last time we went up we did crap. The only thing that is still around from those days are us as fans and Pride Park. It's like saying don't try and get that dream job because you might fail at it, instead stay cleaning the CEO's office. I want Derby in the Premier league

Archived