Rams or England ?

Seaside Ram

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Me too.

But the World Cup is huge (obvs statement) and the FA Cup ain't what it was. So World Cup for me.

I’d have to agree with that to be honest. Fa Cup really isn’t that big of a deal, though if Derby actually made it to a final....

England for me.

I'm quite patriotic and proud anyway (without the EDL associated bollux!) so it always will be. Love the history, the heritage, the legends. Of course I still love my club and the same characteristics but the connections not the same for me, everyone involved in club football is an absolute journeyman. They're not on the same side. Even Cloughie was a judas. ?

Derby for me. Every time.

Not overly fussed about the national team. I watched last night calmly and without ever really getting excited, though I was pleased when we got the winner.

If Derby had been playing it I would wouldn't have been able to stand still, let alone sit down. 

Derby are we, England are they.

I feel absolutely no affinity towards England, or really for that matter being English. It means duck all to me, it's just where I happen to have been born along with 50 million other people. So what? Being English is such a broad definition, it's not really something I consider an identity.

Don't get me wrong it would be be nice for England to win something but it wouldn't elicit any strong emotion, no great pride, no tears of joy.

That said I like the current England team a bit more than some in recent memory because they now officially sort of the underdogs, and you should always champion the underdogs when you can.

Over the years I've found more entertainment/enjoyment watching England duck up against the minnows than any result that's gone in their favour. If England are facing a team with a Derby player in the squad I'm cheering the opposition on!

Such a hard decision.

I love the atmosphere when England are playing, brings the whole country together, there's nothing quite like it

Would love both a World Cup win and a Rams promotion. But I would definitely choose England to win the World Cup, purely because of the Nations reaction. Something that would be talked about for decades, and for us to be able to say that we witnessed that, would be an absolute pleasure.

England winning the World Cup everytime. 

Teams like Portsmouth and Wigan have won the FA Cup in recent years, so that devalues that and practically every team in the country has played at a Wembley so even the day out is also devalued...

on a separate note, I would much rather take Derby winning the FA Cup in 2019 even if it meant that we never ever got promoted ever again.

Sith Happens

World Cup.

To be fair the question is a bit like asking margot robbie or gal gadot.

Not something i will probably ever have to worry about.

Surprised how overwhelmingly in favour of Derby this is. 

Naturally I’m club before country but England winning the World Cup would be something truly special. The country would be in ecstasy. There’d be a national month on the piss. 

Even last night, within seconds of the whistle everybody was outside singing Three Lions and I could still hear it from my hours hours after I’d left.

Just now, Redcar said:

Derby FA Cup.... 100%

More chance of that happening than England winning the World Cup so may as we’ll be realistic.

Really that's what you come up with... we aren't talking realism right now, I've seen somebody mention marryin Margot Robbie or Gal Gadot and you come in here with the realism schtick, disapponting

34 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Really that's what you come up with... we aren't talking realism right now, I've seen somebody mention marryin Margot Robbie or Gal Gadot and you come in here with the realism schtick, disapponting

Don’t let it affect you, move on. 

7 hours ago, Owd miner said:

England fer me mi owd . Hey worra bout last night when wi wont playing to well . Bloke doing talking on’t game sez ... wait fer it ..... and i quote “ its hot and humid thats why they are struggling “ hahaha wa a crock o poo. Mi and mi owd mukka checked temps ... it wa 2 degrees hotter than here ... owd up ive changed mi mind .... Derby all the way fer me 

Ah, but did you and yer mukka clock them midgees flying abaht? Millions o the boggers.

Theh needed coverin in trexo best lard to keep them off. When Sathgate wor cheerin our 'arrys winner ah thowt he wor swattin some o' the sods.......? 

Unlike the top 6 Premiership teams, the chances of the Rams ever playing in Europe again are pretty much zero, therefore apart from the patriotic reasons for supporting England, I regard England as my team and to watch them in the Euro's and the World cup as my chance to visit far away places and become part of an England family of fans.

Before criticising your national team try going to an away fixture and mixing with fans from Plymouth all the way to Carlisle all of whom are supporting one team it is truly fantastic.

For me I am English and England before club

Archived