Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you lot seen anything of Jack Marriott yet?  I'm not sure, but I don't think he's played yet. 

Posh didn't pick him in any of our pre-season games.  He was on the bench at Bedford Town, but just had a bit of a kick about on his own at half-time.  So he probably needs a bit of fitness/match fitness work.   

We were all sorry to see him leave, but I've never seen or read a bad word about him. Never met him, but he's a top bloke by all accounts.

You already know that you're getting a striker with the handy - and very rare! - knack of sticking the ball in the net.  He never stops working and he's definitely not lazy.  Defenders don't get a minutes rest!  He's far from what you'd call a great footballer; his first touch is sometimes poor, and he's often guilty of not spotting, or ignoring, a good pass opportunity.  But who cares when he's scoring 30+ goals in a season?!!  Anyway, Frank Lamps & co. will improve him as a player, for sure.   And with better players around him he's got every chance of having a successful career at Derby.  

2 minutes ago, POSH STH said:

Have you lot seen anything of Jack Marriott yet?  I'm not sure, but I don't think he's played yet. 

Posh didn't pick him in any of our pre-season games.  He was on the bench at Bedford Town, but just had a bit of a kick about on his own at half-time.  So he probably needs a bit of fitness/match fitness work.   

We were all sorry to see him leave, but I've never seen or read a bad word about him. Never met him, but he's a top bloke by all accounts.

You already know that you're getting a striker with the handy - and very rare! - knack of sticking the ball in the net.  He never stops working and he's definitely not lazy.  Defenders don't get a minutes rest!  He's far from what you'd call a great footballer; his first touch is sometimes poor, and he's often guilty of not spotting, or ignoring, a good pass opportunity.  But who cares when he's scoring 30+ goals in a season?!!  Anyway, Frank Lamps & co. will improve him as a player, for sure.   And with better players around him he's got every chance of having a successful career at Derby.  

He played for our U23s on... Tuesday? in a behind closed doors friendly. He scored.

He might be bench ready come Saturday, I'd expect him to start being involved in the league cup match for sure.

• 5 months later...

Is he off to Huddersfield now then? How much do we think we're looking at?

To be fair, if we make an FFP changing massive profit and Waghorn gets trusted to take his place through the middle - it might not be the worst thing in the world.

We need a good player coming in though to appease us angry fans and keep the promotion push on track.

You listening Frank?!

18 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

To be fair, if we make an FFP changing massive profit and Waghorn gets trusted to take his place through the middle - it might not be the worst thing in the world.

We need a good player coming in though to appease us angry fans and keep the promotion push on track.

You listening Frank?!

Would be very dissapointed if true... but if it is...  it will have to be a massive amount of money to allow a rebuild of the squad in the summer.

19 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You listening Frank?!

Has this been reported anywhere?

20 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You listening Frank?!

If Marriott is off then we've officially given up on promotion!

21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You listening Frank?!

It would have to be some bid to make sense on FFP grounds. 

Let's assume with the inevitable sell on clause he'll have a book value of £3m, plus 25% of what we sell him for.

To clear more than Bogle's supposed £8m value, virtually all of which would be profit for FFP reasons, you'd have to sell Jack for over £13m+.

Not going to happen, Hudds won't start splashing that sort of cash when they're in such peril, and from our perspective who would you rather sell, Bogle for £8m or Marriott for £13+m.

I'd be rather pissed off if we sold either at those amounts, just so we can offset previous managers poor decisions, and I suspect Frank would feel likewise.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Presumably the same fee as vydra would be hard to turn down.

another years ffp sorted

can't see it happening though.

Make 5 Mill profit (minus whatever sell on clause)? Doubt it. 

We'd be looking at least 15 mill, more likely 20 because of the January window and how late it is, we'd have to spend a wedge of that to replace him. 

Where has this come from? I searched his name on Twitter and there are 7 tweets about him in the last 24 hours - one a Derby Telegraph article suggesting he was missing today because of an illness he's had for a couple of days.

So there's not even a ******** football agent or fake transfer rumour page putting the news out. Unless they're going to offer something ridiculous, in excess of £15m (they're not), then it would be promotion suicide to sell. If FFP is an issue then he's still going to hold a lot of value in four months time. If we go up then FFP isn't an issue.

Non-story as far as I'm concerned.

I can find absolutely no mention of interest in Jack Marriott at all on a (fairly breif) google news search of the last week - can't see owt on twitter either.

Seems more likely it's the illness reason that's been given, based on that.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Where has this come from?

Just our resident cosmologist has said there's interest from Huddersfield - and of course his omission from the squad today.

@Carl Sagan doesn't make crap up - he's not like that @King Kevin with his "two loans signed and sorted" billhooks. 

It obviously might be nowt - I was just wondering what everyone thinks the fee would be.

Archived