Backroom staff: Shay Given, Chris Jones & Stephen Rands

RedSox

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RedSox said:

Unless it's a 'snake's belly' tactic to avoid paying us anymore compo.  We end up paying them off and then they mysteriously appear up the A50?  

Have em on gardening leave or doing jobs for the groundsman and kit man if Frank doesn't want them coaching.

I presume lampard has the option of keeping them if he wants as well.

On 03/06/2018 at 14:40, Nuwtfly said:

I believe the hold-up is down to waiting for Gary Serpentine to come back off his holiday and sort out who he wants to take with him.

Obviously, these are people's livelihoods, and many of the coaching team will be wondering whether or not they will have a job in the coming weeks, but don't let that stop you soaking up the sun, Gazza. ?

Shocking really. I know most involved in football take their hols at a set time but with Lamps saying he'll start in late June (obviously optimistic about England's chances) and Roger off to spend his loyalty bonus everything is in limbo. I guess you could also factor in the uncertainty over Conte.

You'd think with the window opening early though everybody would be eager to get going. 

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have em on gardening leave or doing jobs for the groundsman and kit man if Frank doesn't want them coaching.

Exactly this mate. Why pay them off in full when the paper towel dispensers need filling in the toilets!!

im sure the under 10 might benefit from their coaching wisdom(not our right back)!

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mentioned it a week or so ago. That the only ones I knew were on Frank's backroom team were Morris, a fitness coach from Chelsea (but I can't remember his name) and Pascal Z as keeper coach. 

The only one so far confirmed is Jody Morris.

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mentioned it a week or so ago. That the only ones I knew were on Frank's backroom team were Morris, a fitness coach from Chelsea (but I can't remember his name) and Pascal Z as keeper coach. 

Mackworth is correct deffo pascel not sure on the rest but im understood there is on going talks at the min

PistoldPete2

Wasn't billy Davies assistant at Preston on gardening leave for a year before he came here? Maybe we can put Gary's back room staff on gardening leave over the Summer, there's lots of weeding to do this time of year. If gAry wants them he knows where  we are. If lamps doesn't want them , we can  maybe wave good bye later. 

I do wish that the club would comment on Growetts departure etc. Its rather pointless having fans forums and openness and then a news blackout when something significant happens.

or did i miss it? 

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I do wish that the club would comment on Growetts departure etc. Its rather pointless having fans forums and openness and then a news blackout when something significant happens.

or did i miss it? 

If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. That's a good motto and it seems the club is sticking to that. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

or did i miss it? 

Remember Thumper from Bambi?

If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. (Meaning: If you cannot say anything nice, then do not say anything at all).

?

10 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Remember Thumper from Bambi?

If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. (Meaning: If you cannot say anything nice, then do not say anything at all).

?

When did you become fluent in Thumperspeak?

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Is that it?

i want gossip.

I want to know how it came about. What Mel's reaction was. How Growett justified it having just signed a 36 year contract. Are we mad? Are we not fussed? Why did we thank him for his contribution? What did he do that merits our thanks? Whats the position with his backroom staff? What did the tea lady reckon to it all. Are we going to sell him any players or are we not talking. What?

in the good old days this would have been a right old ding dong covering the backpage of the DET for yonks.

41 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Is that it?

i want gossip.

I want to know how it came about. What Mel's reaction was. How Growett justified it having just signed a 36 year contract. Are we mad? Are we not fussed? Why did we thank him for his contribution? What did he do that merits our thanks? Whats the position with his backroom staff? What did the tea lady reckon to it all. Are we going to sell him any players or are we not talking. What?

in the good old days this would have been a right old ding dong covering the backpage of the DET for yonks.

Unfortunately Mel couldn't comment for the article, due to emergency foot surgery. 

Just now, reveldevil said:

Unfortunately Mel couldn't comment for the article, due to emergency foot surgery. 

Stuck up someones @rse? 

There were some who were criticising Mel and the club for instantly dismissing Sam without due process. Now there is comment about delays regarding getting rid of the backroom team. 

Any decision to pay them off will have some effect on our financial position; any downgrading of their role could lead to a claim for constructive dismissal and they might all be away on holiday anyway. Better to negotiate the changes, take time and play hardball either with them or with Stoke only if necessary

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Is that it?

i want gossip.

I think both Mel and Rowett knew that if we didn't go up he'd be off and by signing the 3 year deal it gave us compensation therefore making both parties happy.

To me it happened all to quickly for it not to have been planned and not once has Mel said he tried  to stop him going ( thank god!!!) also Lambert appeared a strange appointment at the time and never long term...

Just my hunch but i maybe wrong of course

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lets face it - this is the situation with more or less half the squad from season to season...........

Archived