Backroom staff: Shay Given, Chris Jones & Stephen Rands

RedSox

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Much better? Could you open that one a bit?

I think he's been excellent all the time.

Season before last he didn’t command his box. This season he was better. 

Not saying he was bad, far from it, he was very good, just thought he was more assured this season just gone. 

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not saying he was bad, far from it, he was very good, just thought he was more assured this season just gone. 

The benefit is he won’t lose that now unless the new coach tells him otherwise. But for me Carson’s tweaking for this season needs to be in distribution. 

38 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think the main reason for that was Rowett's tactics. Our defense line dropped very deep and didn't leave that much room for Carson... I'd go as far as saying it was Davies who commanded the box which suits Carson's game.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-phillips-stoke-derby-rowett-1714008

Kevin Phillips off to Stoke, with Rory Delap and Mark Sale.

Reads like Lamps will bring all his own in, so Kevin Poole and Kevin Summerfield will leave.

A farewell then to Kevin "Limpet" Phillips. Probably a good thing but really I have no idea what he offered and I guess we will never know.

Sucks to be Poole and Summerfield. Always nice to be shafted by a mate.

11 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

A farewell then to Kevin "Limpet" Phillips. Probably a good thing but really I have no idea what he offered and I guess we will never know.

Rowett obviously thinks he’s worth nabbing.

38 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

He added a golden boot winning striker under his coaching didn’t he?

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He added a golden boot winning striker under his coaching didn’t he?

The thing is we will never know who was the influential person in that.

I think personally everybody in the coaching team should go ... 

New and fresh ideas and every player should get a clean slate.

PistoldPete2
52 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-phillips-stoke-derby-rowett-1714008

Kevin Phillips off to Stoke, with Rory Delap and Mark Sale.

Reads like Lamps will bring all his own in, so Kevin Poole and Kevin Summerfield will leave.

I read it that summer field will not be joining Stoke so looks like he is staying here? Very odd as Rowett brought summer field here but not Phillips. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well yeah, cos he's numero uno when it comes to setting a team up to attack. #slitherin

Playing devil's advocate here, but only four teams managed to score more goals than us last season.

Poole & Summerfield have been by his side since he started management and he's just hung them out to dry like that. 

Regardless of what you think of his management style, it's a pretty c**tish thing to do. Instead he's taken two guys he inherited, both of whom came in under Clement?

It'll be interesting to see who Lampard brings in. I doubt he'll struggle to find improvements. Phillip's impact can be construed in a number of different ways, you could say a) he brought Vydra on and was instrumental in him being the league's top goalscorer. equally, you could say b) well, he was here the first year Vydra scored 3 & every other striker already at the club has gone backwards. 

Delap was manager/assistant manager for the under-18s, wasn't he?

59 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

There’s going to be mass turmoil on here with the news that peoples number one scapegoat has left 

the big question will be ? 

Does this pile more scapegoat pressure into keogh or will we find a new bashing boy ... for the record mines badly Johnson lol 

Archived