Backroom staff: Shay Given, Chris Jones & Stephen Rands

RedSox

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Well I suspect the Kevin Phillips link might be the confusion with the initials KP - due to Kevin Poole being one of those definitely going. I think Phillips will choose to stay at Derby, given a choice, purely because his littl'un is still in our academy. 

I think it says a great deal about his ability as a coach that all these managers keep coming in, working with him, and remaining happy with his contribution.

The year is 2049. Everyone on earth has died from a deadly virus and Kevin Phillips is still coaching at Derby County. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, archied said:

Yep I’m with you ,, he is on a par with Tommy doc in my eyes and in some ways worse ,, hope he falls flat on his arse

I don't know why but i don't dislike tommy doc anymore. In fact i slightly like him. I think its ever since Les Dawson died.

He's the only feckin comedian left.

24 minutes ago, dingleram said:

So have we currently got two assistant managers now then?

Did they all get new contracts when growett swore his long term allegience to us four months ago?

Joe Carnall is Gary’s boy. But, he loves Derby’s facilities. It will be interesting to see whether he leaves. 

One of Gary’s assistants supports Stoke, and I seem to remember him making a big song and dance about how much he trusts his team when he joined.

I seem to remember Pascal staying when other coaches left. I think Gary will take all Sale, Summerfield and Poole, but will loss his data team.

Do Derby want compensation for the backroom too, and stoke aren't willing to pay?

why haven't they resigned en masse?

maybe kevin poole is staying to coach the keepers?

strange situation.

So the Snake is shafting his own team also. As he doesn't want most of them and is sticking two fingers up to them.

The £2m compensation that we just made - we can say cheerio to then. as Frank will come in and say. - who are these lot? And Rams will have to pay them off - unless frank wants to retain them

Surely before  a deal is done on compo - for a manager - there is an agreement on back room staff. Lawyers second question isn't it?

7 minutes ago, irobinson said:

So the Snake is shafting his own team also. As he doesn't want most of them and is sticking two fingers up to them.

The £2m compensation that we just made - we can say cheerio to then. as Frank will come in and say. - who are these lot? And Rams will have to pay them off - unless frank wants to retain them

Surely before  a deal is done on compo - for a manager - there is an agreement on back room staff. Lawyers second question isn't it?

Seems that way doesn't it. DET yesterday suggested he wanted to take one of his coaches... Sale I think... But not his Assistant Manager. 

Make if that what you will. 

10 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

How come big Tom survives? And won’t he be about 62 by then? Just a guess but I have a feeling he won’t be very mobile by then ?

Hmmm, commodes have wheels you know, one hefty push and you could get around 6 mph out of it. Now who's not very mobile ? ?

7 hours ago, Waffle said:

Joe Carnall is Gary’s boy. But, he loves Derby’s facilities. It will be interesting to see whether he leaves. 

One of Gary’s assistants supports Stoke, and I seem to remember him making a big song and dance about how much he trusts his team when he joined.

I seem to remember Pascal staying when other coaches left. I think Gary will take all Sale, Summerfield and Poole, but will loss his data team.

Pascal was kicked out to make way for Poole. Suggestions are that he doesn't want Poole AT Stoke though as they want to keep Andy Quy. 

29 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Unless it's a 'snake's belly' tactic to avoid paying us anymore compo.  We end up paying them off and then they mysteriously appear up the A50?  

7 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Unless it's a 'snake's belly' tactic to avoid paying us anymore compo.  We end up paying them off and then they mysteriously appear up the A50?  

Rowet can't afford not having a team in place  / we can't afford them on the books - so sit this one out!! Brinkmanship I reckon. 

Archived