Backroom staff: Shay Given, Chris Jones & Stephen Rands

RedSox

Anyone know the latest with Frank’s team? I wonder if the delay is caused by Mel waiting to know who is required by GR or whether it’s to do with cutting a deal with Chelsea? This will be critical to the success of the new regime and whilst time is not of the essence yet, it’d be good to get it sorted so Frank can get onto other matters. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the hold-up is down to waiting for Gary Serpentine to come back off his holiday and sort out who he wants to take with him.

Obviously, these are people's livelihoods, and many of the coaching team will be wondering whether or not they will have a job in the coming weeks, but don't let that stop you soaking up the sun, Gazza. ?

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The staff are from the back tomb? I know we said Frank needed experience but I’m not convinced at having the Egyptians help him

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Don’t be such an egypt. 

Cut me some slack, dude. A combo of fat fingers & cider does weird things to my hand-eye co-ordination!!

I’m really interested to see who his backroom team is. I think it’s going to be crucial. Looks like Jody Morris will be one, which I’m happy with. Think SM’s first stint success was a large part due to his staff (was gutted when Eric Steele went). Time will tell. 

Judging by the pic on another thread I wonder if that Chelsea fitness coach will be coming too?

3 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

I thought it was a bit crypt ic

More like cryp ‘hic’ I’m afraid. I was getting used to the buzz of announcements coming out of PP. I want an update on this now! 

My theory is that Rowett delaying naming his staff so that Derby release them and pay up their contracts meaning Stoke avoid having to pay compo  - just a theory and I wouldn't put it past GR. He's shown he doesn't give a poo about the rams

Archived