Backroom staff: Shay Given, Chris Jones & Stephen Rands

RedSox

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

What's happening here? I thought delay was due to Riwett being on holiday but he seems to be back now? 

Seems a bit odd that we’re still waiting for the full backroom staff details to be announced. Would have thought that Rowett would have come in for the coaches he wanted by now.

Perhaps he’s holding out for us to sack them before poaching them for Stoke? All seems a bit weird to me. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seems a bit odd that we’re still waiting for the full backroom staff details to be announced. Would have thought that Rowett would have come in for the coaches he wanted by now.

Perhaps he’s holding out for us to sack them before poaching them for Stoke? All seems a bit weird to me. 

I agree. This hasn't happened before.

goodness knows where this leaves kevin summerfield since growett doesn't seem to want him.

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

May be Stoke have realised that we had their pants down over Rowetts compo and aren’t prepared to allow it to happen again!

5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Kevin Poole not going to Stoke. Andy Quy staying as GK coach. Callum Davidson joining Stoke as a coach from St Johnstone. Delap joint too apparently. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-rowett-rory-delap-1681587

Kicked into the long grass by Snake........the indignity!?

6 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Kevin Poole not going to Stoke. Andy Quy staying as GK coach. Callum Davidson joining Stoke as a coach from St Johnstone. Delap joint too apparently. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-rowett-rory-delap-1681587

That's probably good news, if there's one position we've been consistently excellent in through the last couple of years, it's GK don't you think?

14 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

That's probably good news, if there's one position we've been consistently excellent in through the last couple of years, it's GK don't you think?

Depends.  Does Kevin Poole want to stay and does Frank Lampard want him or someone else? Of lesser importance but still important, what does Scott Carson think?

43 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

26 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Depends.  Does Kevin Poole want to stay and does Frank Lampard want him or someone else? Of lesser importance but still important, what does Scott Carson think?

I was under the impression that Carson has credited his good couple of years to his work with Pascal Z, and according to some Lamps wants PZ to come back so sounds like we may have to pay Poole off

Well he could stay as GK coach for the first team, or move down the ladder to the youth teams. 

I guess it depends how ambitious he is and how much Derby want to pay him high wages for not a high role if they get someone’s else in.

Archived