John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

ermmm he's a chocolate?.......after all the gold?.......another Ravenelli signing?........past his sell buy date?

I've just ate 16 chocolates with my tea, the box was left in front of me, ohhh gone! Can't wait for my Sunday chipper!

1675gjl.png

See the face you love light up...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Frank!

JT is 100% welcome at Derby if you think he's the right man. This root vegetable isn't going to start ball aching about your signings before anyone's even kicked a ball! Bring in whoever you like boss.

Here's to next season x

One of your 5 a day,

Parsnip.

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Just like saying why didn't we opt for Kevin Kilbane or Danny Murphy as manager. Terry and Lampard have won the champions league. You can't buy that experience.

All sorts of people have won the champions league who I would not want as a manager. 

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Just like saying why didn't we opt for Kevin Kilbane or Danny Murphy as manager. Terry and Lampard have won the champions league. You can't buy that experience.

Yes, you can and quite cheaply actually. Scott Carson?

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’d be interested to know if those in favour of signing him would still want to sign him if his name was Richard Dunne or Chris Samba?  In other words, would peope still want him if his name was not John Terry? Especially when it’s likely that he would be taking Davies’ position in the team.

I thought it was ridiculous to sign Dave Mackay - I changed my mind about two weeks later.

52 minutes ago, eddie said:

I thought it was ridiculous to sign Dave Mackay - I changed my mind about two weeks later.

Your mind was probably in a far better state then, as you'd clearly not supped as much Belgium beer!

Making any comparison with DM and JT now, suggests you've supped far too many!

Danger Mouse maybe!

11w7b6f.png

Frank  is now the boss, and who ever he brings in to our great club will get my backing, let's all get behind the new boss , and show him what a great fan base and club we are, lets back his decisions, and lets get this great  club back to where it belongs, it will take time so all of us including Mel must be patience, Once a Ram always a Ram..

And so the second-guessing begins. The usual know it alls stating as fact that Terry can't play with Curtis, that Frank is going to renege on his stated aims to promote youth, that the ceiling is about to fall in on our season before a single signing has been made. We don't even know what role JT is taking yet, if any at all, but let's not let that fact stop us opinion-chucking, eh!

What an entitled rabble we've become. The truth is we know precisely the square root of duck all as to future plans and in any case, it's about time we gave a manager and the team itself some resolute support instead of constantly trying to find reasons to jump on their backs. I thought that maybe Frank's appointment might actually bring some harmony to the fan-base, but really, I must have been dreaming.

I don't know what the Derby way means to Mel or the club, but I know what it's come to mean to me.  

9 hours ago, eddie said:

Fair enough but it would be a different issue if we needed genuinely needed a centre back but Davies was brilliant last season and has more years left in him than Terry. Other positions should be the priority.

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

And so the second-guessing begins. The usual know it alls stating as fact that Terry can't play with Curtis, that Frank is going to renege on his stated aims to promote youth, that the ceiling is about to fall in on our season before a single signing has been made. We don't even know what role JT is taking yet, if any at all, but let's not let that fact stop us opinion-chucking, eh!

What an entitled rabble we've become. The truth is we know precisely the square root of duck all as to future plans and in any case, it's about time we gave a manager and the team itself some resolute support instead of constantly trying to find reasons to jump on their backs. I thought that maybe Frank's appointment might actually bring some harmony to the fan-base, but really, I must have been dreaming.

I don't know what the Derby way means to Mel or the club, but I know what it's come to mean to me.  

Terry and Davies both play at left centre back. It’s a fairly educated guess that if Terry comes in then Davies will leave as Davies is far too good at this level to sit on the bench.

I can see far more urgent areas to strengthen than centre-half, but if the opportunity is there to get JT in for limited wages, take it.

Davies, Keogh and Terry as a three might work. Some legs required ahead of them though and I don't like the idea of Tom Huddlestone missing out because of that. Decisions, decisions.

29 minutes ago, needles said:

I can see far more urgent areas to strengthen than centre-half, but if the opportunity is there to get JT in for limited wages, take it.

Davies, Keogh and Terry as a three might work. Some legs required ahead of them though and I don't like the idea of Tom Huddlestone missing out because of that. Decisions, decisions.

This is the issue, we are already pretty strong at centre-half. I'm more than happy for Lamps to bring in an experienced, and brilliant player but think there is places in the squad that this would suit better.  Saying that, I don't know who because I'm not crazy enough to think we could ever lure someone like Torres, and someone like Peter Crouch just isn't JT.

For me unless CD was going to Stoke Terry would be a Sub or coach for me. CD and JT at the back would be a strong pairing but pretty slow and forever ageing. I would welcome him to the club as i think he can really help some players especially upcoming CB's. 

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does Terry have any coaching badges?

He's been working on his badges during International Breaks etc. since 2017. Don't know if he actually has any though.

Do we have anything on this beyond:

• They're mates
  • Terry is after a new club
  • Lampard hasn't explicitly ruled it out

Every article I've read has headlined "Terry signing for Derby" and then the detail is "we're speculating on this because of the above"

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Do we have anything on this beyond:

• They're mates
  • Terry is after a new club
  • Lampard hasn't explicitly ruled it out

Every article I've read has headlined "Terry signing for Derby" and then the detail is "we're speculating on this because of the above"

I've thought the same, derby telegraph ran the headline 'Terry agrees to sign for Derby, just a total misleading headline.

The Daily Star are the only paper to actually say it is happening, plus betting odds being short. Other than that it is guess work.

I know Jody Morris is a done deal and we are waiting for Rowett to take his merry men with him before we anounce Morris, so if Terry is coming in as a coach it could be the same situation.

Archived