Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

While its obvious the Leeds are below Derby line is urine-poor excuse, the way it has triggered Leeds fans is fine by me.

He still would have received a significant wage rise going there, but still didn’t fancy it. I think it’s as mentioned all along, had the money been too much to turn down then he would have thrown caution to the wind and gone. In his mind, it was never a great deal for him and he’s decided that staying here and earning significantly less is better than going there. Fair play. If he stays then I hope we get use out of him. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lambchop said:

On the other hand it could be a real time saver; someone could just read this post as a precis of the last 214 pages. 

Nice one ? we don’t see eye to eye on politics but when it comes to football, common sense and humour .. I think I quite like you !

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Possible we see him in the u23’s game tomorrow? 

If there’s no deal on the table, we have to use him. It would be perfect if he came on against Leeds and did the business ?

I doubt he'll even be risked until the English transfer window is closed in case anyone else comes in. And even after that he might not be used much until September in case a team comes in with a loan with a view to buy in January or a foreign team makes an offer

46 minutes ago, Norman said:

I do know that he likes being at Derby.

One of very few players to have his own box. Costs him £9,000 a year.

Brings all his family over to watch games etc.

This is all you need to know about Vydra.

Thorne had a box I thinkk

I think Waghorn was interesting because he shapes up like a younger Nuge. All hustle and bustle, with some cunning and a finish which is a piece in Frank and Jodie’s jigsaw in a way that maybe Jerome and Martin aren’t. .. thing is how does Vydra fit in that. 

I like Vydra a lot, and think he can adapt if we play high enough up but it is a question that hasn’t been answered yet .. if he can then I think we’ll be lethal but if not then we might look a bit light weight without Nuge or lose an edge in our new found terrier quality with Martin/Jerome; both of whom, I rate but will they fit well enough ? .. and then there’s Marriott. ... choices choices ... too many ? 

The window is still open and I am proud to have added to the cumulative page score ?

6 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Vyds is pictured in today's training gallery fwiw. 

But not with a bib - looks as though he was doing the fitness work but not the “with ball” training. At least he was there though - a healthier option than sitting outside Leeds railway station breathing in the “big city” smog.

Imagine if we end up keeping Vyds and not selling any significant players as well as passing FFP (again), we'll have absolutely played the country with out skint and everything must go tag. ?

Potential masterstroke from Morris, please be true. 

This is purely unsubstantiated and I'm making no claims of truth but.... one of my work colleagues is absolutely 100% convinced he has just seen Matej Vydra walk into a hotel just outside Durham. They crossed as he was leaving.

Newcastle United perhaps? Has there been any rumour of interest from them?

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

This is purely unsubstantiated and I'm making no claims of truth but.... one of my work colleagues is absolutely 100% convinced he has just seen Matej Vydra walk into a hotel just outside Durham they crossed as he was leaving.

Maybe Middlesbrough?

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

This is purely unsubstantiated and I'm making no claims of truth but.... one of my work colleagues is absolutely 100% convinced he has just seen Matej Vydra walk into a hotel just outside Durham. They crossed as he was leaving.

Hartlepool on loan 

16 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Maybe a dodgy Sat Nav from Leeds

Archived