Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’d have Igor but ex players returning as manager..... Sometimes it’s tears ?‍♂️

Speaking of one. If and when we appoint our next Mansger, Mel could do worse than counsel the opinion of someone like Macfarland in his next recruitment, probably have better judgement than anyone the likes of Sam Rush.

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What’s that based on? You watched many of his matches. That Norwich team was pretty exciting to watch when he won back to back promotions.

So you’ll be happy with ripping up everything and building a better footballing side under a Warburton or a Dean Smith then? You won’t be calling for their heads when we’re bottom half next season? Because that’s the alternative. Some folk on here will be up for that, I’m not against it but would you be ok with it?

We’re about as close to a footballing side as we are a counter-attacking side or a percentage side. 

We’re a much of a muchness. There wasn’t really a system in place all season. It’s basically just good players in roundish holes who’ve been left to it; eight players competing, Davies, Carson and Vydra producing the magic.

27 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Two options.

Either we continue in the same direction, utilise some of the youth but play robust championship football. This would probably give us the best chance of top 6. Candidates - Lambert, Neil, Coleman, (I think these 3 could be the right balance and be more expansive) McCarthy, Harris, Billy (Mel is a fan - imagine what a meltdown that will cause)

Or we rip everything up to play football that is easier on the eye with an experienced manager - Cook, Carvalhal, or the likes of Dean Smith. This would need time and patience, at least 2 seasons in my view of Derby not troubling the top 6 picture.

What would I like? A clear strategy please Mel!! If he goes for the second option he has to stick with it and the next manager he appoints will need to complement the previous.

He's such a fan, if it was up to Mel he'd have sacked him on the pitch at Wembley.

His words, not mine.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

We’re about as close to a footballing side as we are a counter-attacking side or a percentage side. 

We’re a much of a muchness. There wasn’t really a system in place all season. It’s basically just good players in roundish holes who’ve been left to it; eight players competing, Davies, Carson and Vydra producing the magic.

Agree, only thing I would say is with this current squad we would be a very poor footballing side (like the one we saw under Mac 2) It would need a major overhaul, especially players with a lot more energy, unless 2 or 3 of our youngsters are good enough to step up now.

Archived