Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

Two options.

Either we continue in the same direction, utilise some of the youth but play robust championship football. This would probably give us the best chance of top 6. Candidates - Lambert, Neil, Coleman, (I think these 3 could be the right balance and be more expansive) McCarthy, Harris, Billy (Mel is a fan - imagine what a meltdown that will cause)

Or we rip everything up to play football that is easier on the eye with an experienced manager - Cook, Carvalhal, or the likes of Dean Smith. This would need time and patience, at least 2 seasons in my view of Derby not troubling the top 6 picture.

What would I like? A clear strategy please Mel!! If he goes for the second option he has to stick with it and the next manager he appoints will need to complement the previous.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Two options.

Either we continue in the same direction, utilise some of the youth but play robust championship football. This would probably give us the best chance of top 6. Candidates - Lambert, Neil, Coleman, (I think these 3 could be the right balance and be more expansive) McCarthy, Harris, Billy (Mel is a fan - imagine what a meltdown that will cause)

Or we rip everything up to play football that is easier on the eye with an experienced manager - Cook, Carvalhal, or the likes of Dean Smith. This would need time and patience, at least 2 seasons in my view of Derby not troubling the top 6 picture.

What would I like? A clear strategy please Mel!! If he goes for the second option he has to stick with it and the next manager he appoints will need to complement the previous.

If we appoint Paul lambert I’ll go to the city ground wearing a derby shirt and let myself get the **** kicked out of me, because it’ll be less painful than watching his football.

Morris has said before they were looking at a director of football. Get someone in the mold of Stimac etc for that role and a younger lower league manager like Cook as general manager. Keeps all dealings away from Mel and gives us a wider net to scout 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

If we appoint Paul lambert I’ll go to the city ground wearing a derby shirt and let myself get the **** kicked out of me, because it’ll be less painful than watching his football.

What’s that based on? You watched many of his matches. That Norwich team was pretty exciting to watch when he won back to back promotions.

So you’ll be happy with ripping up everything and building a better footballing side under a Warburton or a Dean Smith then? You won’t be calling for their heads when we’re bottom half next season? Because that’s the alternative. Some folk on here will be up for that, I’m not against it but would you be ok with it?

Just now, SKRam said:

I’d have Igor but ex players returning as manager..... Sometimes it’s tears ?‍♂️

Like today! An ex-ram who claimed he wanted to take derby into the premier league has turned round and stuck two fingers back up in our faces!

Im done with the ex-player, coach thing.

27 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Wassall?? Seriously?? I thought the suggestion on twitter about Nigel Clough was a bad one but Wassall......if they really are the best we can do then i give up.

To be fair - He took us to a playoff semi-final and we played much better than last week :)

McCarthy and Coleman would be high on my list - But have to say I was jealous when Forest appointed Warburton - So I'd like to go for him

Archived