Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Wassall?? Seriously?? I thought the suggestion on twitter about Nigel Clough was a bad one but Wassall......if they really are the best we can do then i give up.

Clough a much better manager and much wiser now than when he left so I’d be happy with that. Only the idiotic would knock what he achieved last time under the circumstances

Cheap appointment, Paul hurst Shrewsbury done well everywhere he’s been. 

Gamble and unrealistic appointments,  Zeljko Buvac (klopps assistant), Rui Faria (Mourinhos assistant) leaving this summer to be a No1 or Quique Sánchez Flores ex Watford manager. Doubtful he’d come with our budget I know but plays attractive football.

Rowett is history, this squad needs a fair bit of re building, and i believe thats why Rowett has gone, as Mel is reluctant to spend it seems and at stoke Rowett will have parachute money and he's ambitious...

So, i for one think Mel has a choice to make, does he want up and coming or experience ? Hee needs to look at the squad and decide where he wants to go.

For me Paul Cook would be a decent and steady choice, altho i believe Wigan are getting a hefty slice of Asian money coming in ? so would he leave ?

I personally would like to hear Mel is talking to Slaven Bilic, i really think the guy is a good manager, and i think after his time off from WHU would be ready for a new long term challenge, (He's gonna be a pundit for ITV world cup) but whether he or anyone else could work with Meddling Mel tho...  ?

Paul Cook ticks all the boxes for me. He's taken 3 different teams up in 5 years, plays good attacking football, has loads of lower league experience and clearly knows how to build a team blending youth & experience. On the face of it he would be a perfect fit for what are looking to do for the next few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Stam’s more like Clement though

That first season at Reading, Stam's team played some of the best, free-flowing football I've seen in the championship. If he'd have had a decent goalscorer, Reading would have gotten promoted that season.

Players were then bought for him that didn't fit his system (a 4-3-3 at home and a 3-5-2 away) and it all went to ****.

Anyone who learnt their trade at Ajax is sound by me! 

Archived