Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean Smith. Many of the high wage players will have gone in 12 months leaving the new comer freedom to build their own squad. Smith is used to picking up good players for not much money and that is what he will have to do at Derby.Brentford also play attractive football.

18 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Dean Smith. Many of the high wage players will have gone in 12 months leaving the new comer freedom to build their own squad. Smith is used to picking up good players for not much money and that is what he will have to do at Derby.Brentford also play attractive football.

Yeah. Smith would bring massive new input in terms of recruitment to us. And this is defo what we need

19 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I like the idea of Dean Smith but perhaps average managers can flourish in the Brentford set up? Their is obviously a fantastic scouting network at Brentford (was there well before he was) and we obviously don’t have that at Derby. On the pitch they’ve played the same kind of football for years, it’s very easy for managers to transition in and out without leaving a mess behind them.

Been thinking on this for the last 2 days and still can't put a name out there as to who I would like as first choice.

There a few that are intriguing, some that could pay off and a couple that are a bit of a put off.

The main remit of the new manager, for me, is to reduce the age of the squad and get the team playing on the front foot.

The only thing for certain is they will get backed 100% when they join, and be given patience for as long as they are showing improvement and progress. First season is about getting a structure in place, then to build on it. 

31 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I like the idea of Dean Smith but perhaps average managers can flourish in the Brentford set up? Their is obviously a fantastic scouting network at Brentford (was there well before he was) and we obviously don’t have that at Derby. On the pitch they’ve played the same kind of football for years, it’s very easy for managers to transition in and out without leaving a mess behind them.

What a novel and sensible way of running a football club. Shame child services are on our case with the number of babies we’ve thrown out with the bath water since the playoff final. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

What a novel and sensible way of running a football club. Shame child services are on our case with the number of babies we’ve thrown out with the bath water since the playoff final. 

It is a fantastic way to run a football club, makes you wonder why all clubs aren’t ran like that.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Anyone else thinking If we sell Thomas and now we have money from Rowett Mel is just trying to get as much money back before he sells up?

No.

If you think getting £1.8m for Rowett would even register against what MM  has put into DCFC then you're mad.

Plus isn't a club that has offloaded it's best assets going to be much harder to sell?

Dean Smith or Alex Neil.

Have to appoint one of these two for me,, young hungry managers who know how to work on a budget and both play attacking football. Depends on whether they would leave Brentford and Preston respectively, but got to be in for one of these two.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Like the idea of Smith but Brentford operate the money-ball system (which Warburton also profited from)and he gets presented with a list of players and stats-we certainly dont have any system to make this happen

Just now, norfolkram9 said:

Have to appoint one of these two for me,, young hungry managers who know how to work on a budget and both play attacking football. Depends on whether they would leave Brentford and Preston respectively, but got to be in for one of these two.

Why would they come .

Happy at Brentford and Preston I’d say  

40 minutes ago, rynny said:

Been thinking on this for the last 2 days and still can't put a name out there as to who I would like as first choice.

There a few that are intriguing, some that could pay off and a couple that are a bit of a put off.

The main remit of the new manager, for me, is to reduce the age of the squad and get the team playing on the front foot.

The only thing for certain is they will get backed 100% when they join, and be given patience for as long as they are showing improvement and progress. First season is about getting a structure in place, then to build on it. 

You'll get splinters in your arse!

Just now, HantsRam said:

Thought you were into a bit of the Latin charm Lambchop?

Well, I did compliment his coat. 

He seemed to completely lose the plot at Wednesday, and there were some suggestions that his training methods were partly responsible for their injury crisis. Didn’t they have virtually the whole first team in plaster at one point?

He seems like a poorer version of Mac when the passing style gets sussed out and his sides can’t break teams down. I think we’d get very frustrated with him very quickly. 

Archived