Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, David said:

What exactly is a yes man? I asked elsewhere (not you) but failed to get an answer, I really don't understand this term at all. 

My interpretation within this context would be that a 'Yes Man' would come in and form part of the coaching set up, pick the team and perform the managerial duties to align with the expectations of the board. Wassall could fill this role, as could many other managers.

What we need at Derby is someone else. Someone to come in, tear through the whole club, get every member of staff in a room and make them all lay their balls out on a big table, and go around hammering away at everyone's balls until they all know exactly what they're supposed to be doing. 

Darren Wassall is never going to be able to do that - and I think that's what people mean when they say 'yes man'.

There's a charismatic beast somewhere waiting for an opportunity to start hammering some culture in to the genitals of this club. 

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

There's a charismatic beast somewhere waiting for an opportunity to start hammering some culture in to the genitals of this club. 

Sounds more enjoyable than Rowett’s football. 

Wassell is a good shout, he knows the players and has done a great job with the u23s. They have been great to watch playing a good style. He is in the best place to know which ones could step up to the first team paticulary as we are cash strapped.

Craig Short is his assistant so should be good on the defensive side and then bring in Eranio to coach the attacking side.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

My interpretation within this context would be that a 'Yes Man' would come in and form part of the coaching set up, pick the team and perform the managerial duties to align with the expectations of the board. Wassall could fill this role, as could many other managers.

What we need at Derby is someone else. Someone to come in, tear through the whole club, get every member of staff in a room and make them all lay their balls out on a big table, and go around hammering away at everyone's balls until they all know exactly what they're supposed to be doing. 

Darren Wassall is never going to be able to do that - and I think that's what people mean when they say 'yes man'.

Wasn't that what Pearson was meant to do?

26 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It’s not about disagreeing and being a **** about it, it’s about telling Mel he’s wrong if that’s what the manager thinks.

can you really see Mel and Roy Keane getting on? it wouldn’t last 5 minutes. Imagine if Mel tried to get into the dressing room and b*****k the players if Keane was in there, he’d probably have Mel up against a wall.

Disagreeing on what exactly though, and you assume that nothing gets challenged already happen based on what exactly? Fans have built this image up of some kind of dictator that combusts into flames if he hears the word no. I honestly don't get it.

The dressing room was one incident in which he held his hands up and admitted was wrong to have done and won't happen again. A mistake, and as far as we are aware one that has been learnt from.

To swing this away from Mel completely, no matter what club you are at you will have an owner with a plan, a plan that maybe wishy washy, weak it doesn't matter, that is the plan in place and the managers have to stick to it whilst also retaining a healthy relationship with the owner.

15 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

My interpretation within this context would be that a 'Yes Man' would come in and form part of the coaching set up, pick the team and perform the managerial duties to align with the expectations of the board.

Isn't this the case up and down the country at every club?

I remember not so long ago sat at Moor Farm listening to Mel's vision, the plan which was named the "Derby Way", we came back, passed on what we had heard and it wasn't greatly received by many. They felt that we should have a manager in charge and the owner should sit back, just chuck money at them, sit in the background and only speak when we ask him to.

Fast forward a few years we are now seeing questions of why Rowett, what happened to that plan, we need a head coach, director of football, attractive attacking football.

Pretty much all the demands now align with that plan 4 years ago which noses were turned up at. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Couldn’t read on any further after this as I had already chundered all over my laptop screen.

Please.

God.

No.

I think Darren would be a wise choice if all the rumours going around are half true. Next season needs to be a season of stability..just dont get relegated thats all. 

51 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Better than Stimac.

In that he works with players every day and has worked in coaching or behind the scenes in football, something stimac hasnt. but dont let that stop you thinking he is the messiah will you.

Sorry Jager but where have i said Stimac is the answer?????

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I like the idea of Dean Smith but perhaps average managers can flourish in the Brentford set up? Their is obviously a fantastic scouting network at Brentford (was there well before he was) and we obviously don’t have that at Derby. On the pitch they’ve played the same kind of football for years, it’s very easy for managers to transition in and out without leaving a mess behind them.

sadly, they ALL struggle in their jobs after Brentford.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Mel's vision, the plan which was named the "Derby Way

We probably weren't far off with that plan. Whoever comes in first needs to change the football on the pitch. It's massively important that we play good football.

If it's a 'Yes man' then it's important he's saying yes to someone who knows what they're doing. So maybe a DOF is important.

I don't envy Mel's situation at the moment - looks like it's an important time for Derby and I hope he pulls something out of the bag.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

It’s always about the genitals with you Parsnip! ?

I'm not a betting man but Lampard has been suspended by Skybet - can anyone explain this?

Given he is no longer in the running for the Ipswich job, I really hope it doesn't mean there is something in it, definitely not the man for the shop?

Archived