Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, chambta said:

I guess he's already been mentioned but Derby could do a hell of a lot worse than get Paul Cook from Wigan.

He loves a beer but he wouldn't be the first at Derby. The football would be a darn sight more attractive too, 

Still love him in Chesterfield, especially given what's happened since he left.

Agree, him or Smith for me. Unfortunately I can't see MM paying compensation so more likely to be a Manager available....

1st time poster but long time viewer. Dean Smith is not the answer. Brentford’s flexible style of play is all down to the DOF and the infustrature that has been bought in. I watched a short documentary regarding Brentford and this confirmed that case. Saying that anyone could be in charge with the foundations that have been laid down. 

For those saying Alex Neil: No, thank you.

Essentially a similar style to Gary Rowett. His burnout at Norwich was absolutely catastrophic. No plan b, too.

These are the names that get me (sort of) excited:

Martin O'Neil, Frank de Boer, Dean Smith, Mark Warburton, Jaap Stam, Clarence Seedorf. 

Clarence Seedorf.

100% would love to see it. 

Great footballing philosophy. Massive respect for him amongst the football world and his book of contacts would be out of this world.

Not sure what his wages would be like, but I'd absolutely love to see us give this a go.

Appointing someone from the Managerial Dinosaur Club, or club legends (Stimac and Simpson), or David "Wassall" Brent would break me. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For those saying Alex Neil: No, thank you.

Essentially a similar style to Gary Rowett. His burnout at Norwich was absolutely catastrophic. No plan b, too.

These are the names that get me (sort of) excited:

Martin O'Neil, Frank de Boer, Dean Smith, Mark Warburton, Jaap Stam, Clarence Seedorf. 

De Boer, the guy that lost all the games at Palarce, that guy? What has Seedorf done???

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

De Boer, the guy that lost all the games at Palarce, that guy? What has Seedorf done???

De Boer has more titles to his name than anyone else on that list, and Clarence Seedorf is Clarence ******* Seedorf. ? 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Failed at every club bar Milan (where he essentially did what giggs at man utd did) didn't he just relegate deportivo only winning a couple of games in about 25 game spell?

Hang on - Derby fans seem to want to have exciting football and someone who has already been here done something semi-decent. They also need to be able to work with youth players and find transfer targets on a shoestring. They also need to not cost us much to appoint. Can only be one choice...

Uncle George Burley.

...who will be faithful to Derby County whilst managing the budget, developing youth and investing wisely. Mel, go get him.....his surname is Clough! But give him 5 years, £20 million and let him complete the course this time! 

Martin O'Neilll now 4/1 at BetVictor

Would prefer him to Alex Neill who to me is a very pragmatic manager in the Rowett style.

However I think priority should be a good DOF as think we need to create a buffer going forward between manager and chairman and get a structure in place that enables us to develop the Derby Way. Yes I know the Derby way has become a piss take but we should at the very least be trying to develop a long term strategy about how we want to play our football and put a structure in place like Brentford say where the coach has to fit in with us rather than the other way round.

Not sure anyone on list stands out more than anyone else for me - Who ever comes will be given a chance by me no matter whatever my preconceptions - Wouldnt be averse to a real left field appointment tbh similar to the guy Swansea are after as we have tried pretty much everything else!!!

Archived