Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

Like the idea of Smith but Brentford operate the money-ball system (which Warburton also profited from)and he gets presented with a list of players and stats-we certainly dont have any system to make this happen

As has been said to all of these comments, unlike Warburton, Smith made his name at Wallsall working the old fashioned way. I don’t see it being as big an issue as it has been for Warburton moving on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Stimacked said:

Firstly, what managers would see the Derby post as attractive.  

Ipswich received over 100 applications, we’re candy land compared to them. 

Trust me, there will always be plenty of interest in Derby County

51 minutes ago, rynny said:

Been thinking on this for the last 2 days and still can't put a name out there as to who I would like as first choice.

There a few that are intriguing, some that could pay off and a couple that are a bit of a put off.

The main remit of the new manager, for me, is to reduce the age of the squad and get the team playing on the front foot.

The only thing for certain is they will get backed 100% when they join, and be given patience for as long as they are showing improvement and progress. First season is about getting a structure in place, then to build on it. 

Just this.

Every name that someone puts out there, someone else shoots down in flames.

It's a difficult job at the best of times and probably more so at Derby where we don't have a large higher management infrastructure and a demanding fanbase.

I will just wait and see who is appointed and then hope against hope they get it right. 

But please, someone who can entertain us along the way.

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bit of a dinosaur isn't he? I'd say club football has probably passed him by these days.

Agreed, I don’t think he would keep up with the pace of managing a club side anymore, plus if he bought Keane with him can you really see him being a yes man to Mel? ?

9 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Ross: getting St Mirren to the SPL and winning PFA Scotland Manager of the year.

Wolf didn't just manage Stuttgart for 2 years he got them promoted winning the league and also has a super successful youth pedigree with Dortmund under Klopp (winning 3 national titles from under 17 and under 19)

I think Wolf would be an incredible appointment and would show real intent. Get on it Mel!

Just now, Derbados said:

can you really see him being a yes man to Mel?

What exactly is a yes man? I asked elsewhere (not you) but failed to get an answer, I really don't understand this term at all. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

If he says jump you jump .

Thats a yes  man 

Give me an example of this where a manager would be asked by Mel to do something and they would say yes. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

What exactly is a yes man? I asked elsewhere (not you) but failed to get an answer, I really don't understand this term at all. 

yes-man

noun

informal

a weak person who always agrees with their political leader or their superior at work.

synonyms:sycophant, toady, lackey, flunkey, minion, stooge, kowtower, truckler, groveller, crawler, creep, fawner, flatterer, lickspittle, Uriah Heep, puppet, cat's paw, instrument, pawn, underling, hanger-on, camp follower, doormat, spaniel; More

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

yes-man

noun

informal

a weak person who always agrees with their political leader or their superior at work.

synonyms:sycophant, toady, lackey, flunkey, minion, stooge, kowtower, truckler, groveller, crawler, creep, fawner, flatterer, lickspittle, Uriah Heep, puppet, cat's paw, instrument, pawn, underling, hanger-on, camp follower, doormat, spaniel; More

A weak person who always agrees with their owner then is that what we are saying?

So what we need is a manager to turn up for their interview, completely disagree with the job on offer, get hired and then tell Mel to do one. 

That sounds like a great plan. 

Just now, David said:

A week person who always agrees with their owner then is that what we are saying?

So what we need is a manager to turn up for their interview, completely disagree with the job on offer, get hired and then tell Mel to do one. 

If you listened to Ed Dawes on RD phone in last night you would have heard Gary’s remit was allegedly changed from when he first joined 

Just now, David said:

A week person who always agrees with their owner then is that what we are saying?

It’s not about disagreeing and being a **** about it, it’s about telling Mel he’s wrong if that’s what the manager thinks.

can you really see Mel and Roy Keane getting on? it wouldn’t last 5 minutes. Imagine if Mel tried to get into the dressing room and b*****k the players if Keane was in there, he’d probably have Mel up against a wall.

On 21/05/2018 at 16:52, Derbyram1 said:

Wassall?? Seriously?? I thought the suggestion on twitter about Nigel Clough was a bad one but Wassall......if they really are the best we can do then i give up.

Better than Stimac.

In that he works with players every day and has worked in coaching or behind the scenes in football, something stimac hasnt. but dont let that stop you thinking he is the messiah will you.

Archived