Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Assuming Peter Coates is sane obviously.  

He was tasked with finding a manager to win enough games to keep Stoke in the Premier League and he picked Paul Lambert.

Does that strike you as the behavior of a sane individual?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

This is a awful post from a so called Derby fan, if Gary leaves we will struggle to get any one decent in, Mel has already stated there is no money to spend and for the record Gary will be a very successful manager, just hope it's with us, losing Gary would be a VERY BIG loss to Derby, with him here I feel promotion is a possibility without him, expect middle of the table for the next few seasons, most neutral fans I know would love him at there club, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham and many others for that matter, we are lucky to have him here.

If we struggle for a decent manager then that would serve Mel right for his disingenuous style of appointing and removing managers. 

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

He was tasked with finding a manager to win enough games to keep Stoke in the Premier League and he picked Paul Lambert.

Does that strike you as the behavior of a sane individual?

Peter Coates is a good man. His sanity is not in doubt.

I think Stoke were doomed no matter who took over. 

Whoever is in charge of Derby in the next two months has a monumental task ahead of them. We need to sell well then buy well. A skill in which we have proved to be inefficient for years. 

7 hours ago, archied said:

You better bring plenty of petrol money with you because once you give Gary a lift to stoke your next mission is running around to find and bring back his replacement ,,, there’s a mad manager merry go round scramble right now with our manager top of the bunch of old usual suspects ,he’s got play offs in first full season whilst making a profit on transfers at a club that is stating that it needs to cut costs and can’t spend big just now and he’s bringing stability to a club that’s had none for a few seasons but hey crack on but let’s hear the plans you have for replacement ,, you may be better with a hybrid car as I can see you going some miles over the next few seasons

No need my choice for manager is already at Derby and has been since 2009. 

5 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

No need my choice for manager is already at Derby and has been since 2009. 

That’s beyond funny 

14 hours ago, Derby blood said:

This is a awful post from a so called Derby fan, if Gary leaves we will struggle to get any one decent in, Mel has already stated there is no money to spend and for the record Gary will be a very successful manager, just hope it's with us, losing Gary would be a VERY BIG loss to Derby, with him here I feel promotion is a possibility without him, expect middle of the table for the next few seasons, most neutral fans I know would love him at there club, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham and many others for that matter, we are lucky to have him here.

I can borrow your crystal ball that shows Rowett will be a very successful manager? 

Yes under the circumstances of him being poached ,,very much gutted as I can’t see a decent replacement 

Happy if he leaves on his own accord. But I’m always careful of what I wish for. The replacement needs to be a great appointment. I don’t mean a great manager, as we won’t get one but great for us. We currently have little cash to spend and have another season before the deadwood contracts start running out ( assuming we give no more ridiculous extensions ). Managers I think we could get are Mick McCarthy, Mark Warburton and if Villa lose possibly Steve Bruce if he’s sacked. Plus the up and coming chaps. Millwall manager Brentford manager or even the Lincoln lads. I would go for Warburton if Bruce doesn’t become free. We probably can’t afford to tempt the others to break contracts 

It would be an interesting scenario if rowett  were to leave as we aren't as appealing a prospect as we have been in recent years.

Theres also a real lack of decent options out there who are available at the moment, loads of middle of the road dross, of those probably the best option would be Carvahal but I'm not too keen.

Youre then looking abroad or at the lower leagues which comes with its own risks. If it were me I could be tempted by the lower league option, find a manager that plays a suitable style and has made good progress, then give them time to build.....but there's the snag, some of our fan base aren't the most patient.

Tricky call, I'm not convinced rowett will leave though despite the odds!

Archived