Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

People need to be careful of what they wish for too. If GR left for Stoke , who on earth would we replace him with ? because it sure as hell won't be anyone currently under contract or anyone who would demand a big wage. 

Plenty of people, I personally would bring in Simmo

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

I find it actually hilarious that people think that we couldn't get a better manager than Rowett. The ''BUT WHO CAN WE GET'' brigade needs to watch more football. 

I remember people saying this about Nigel Clough for 3 years and every manager since (aside Pearson) did better

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

And who managed to get Vydra to have such a great season that resulted in the GOLDEN BOOT 

oh dear worst pun of my life 

Sad if Gary goes you did your best mate. 

Pun? Where?

Just now, MK-Ram said:

If Robert went and we replaced him permanently with Wassall, I would despair. That being said, wouldn’t be a huge shock

Despair? Simmo would probably be my first choice. But Wassall's 50% win rate doesn't look that bad next to Rowett's 41.67% while seeing a slightly more respectable amount of the ball. 

I'm sure it's been posted already but has he come out and categorically denied any interest in the Stoke job? I seem to recall another of our managers getting vilified from not publicly saying you wasn't interested. I can't believe that our fair, even-handed fans wouldn't be equally outraged?

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

If Robert went and we replaced him permanently with Wassall, I would despair. That being said, wouldn’t be a huge shock

Rowett gone replaced by wassell would send the very clear message , ambition over 

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

In what way has he done this Curtains?

for what it’s worth I think Derby are likely to go downhill for at least a short while with or without Rowett. The budget constraints are going to be tougher on him for a couple of seasons according to some intelligent posters analysis.whilst we can all argue whether or not he’s done a decent job on players, coaching etc so far it does seem that he will have to slash costs.

on the academy, @NorwichLad put up some excellent posts to suggest we shouldn’t expect to see great benefits for a few years yet, so while that might help to reduce 1st team wage bill in the short term, your views on the damage to 1st team quality could well be right.

basically I think we have a hard couple of years whoever is managing.?

hey, perhaps Gary has worked that out and might think Stoke is a better bet....

Trust me he stands up to Mel 

If you don’t believe me that’s fine 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sure it's been posted already but has he come out and categorically denied any interest in the Stoke job? I seem to recall another of our managers getting vilified from not publicly saying you wasn't interested. I can't believe that our fair, even-handed fans wouldn't be equally outraged?

We are in close season and not in the middle of a vital promotion push 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

He signed a new contract.

Derby fans on here voted 60 percent his football is boring did they do that with any other manager ! 

Just now, curtains said:

Have you ever met Wassall or Rowett 

I have, numerous times, they're both great blokes, both knowledgeable football men, Rowett has the better sense of humour and personality, but I think Wassall is more professional.

Just now, Moist One said:

I have, numerous times, they're both great blokes, both knowledgeable football men, Rowett has the better sense of humour and personality, but I think Wassall is more professional.

Wassall is a yes man 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Wassall is a yes man 

that's even more worrying cos I'd like to think the awful footballing decisions made by Rowett have been forced upon him and he didn't make them himself, but if you're insisting that Rowett is 100% his own man, then Stoke are welcome to him!

Just now, Moist One said:

that's even more worrying cos I'd like to think the awful footballing decisions made by Rowett have been forced upon him and he didn't make them himself, but if you're insisting that Rowett is 100% his own man, then Stoke are welcome to him!

Good grief he has had 15 months to turn around this club from perennial losers to top 6

If you appoint a 'man from within' like the old Liverpool boot-room, its to keep the continuity that's been working - the links with the players and the overall playing style. The teams will have been doing the same training/ formations. But we have had no style, or ethos for years....its been chop and change every two mins. 

So Wassall only gets the job on experience and qualities...and how many other Championship teams would give him the job?? 

Big NO from me. Just gets the job cos he's handy and cheap. Good enough if you're looking for a handyman not a manager of a multi-million pound institution.

43 minutes ago, curtains said:

I am afraid that bit of sarcasm hit a raw nerve as I think Derby will go downhill from now on if they lose Rowett. 

The only one to stand up to Mel Morris. 

Academy this academy that etc etc 

Like they're on an upward curve at the moment.

Archived