Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Derby tight on FFP and wanted to reduce wages, I could see why Stoke could be an attractive proposition for Rowett. Similar size club, same area, same division, yet much more freedom to spend and build a capable squad of his own. 

The indifference on this thread at the thought of him leaving also gives Rowett another reason to move on - it’s safe to say he’s not got the full backing of the fans at Derby. Don’t stay where you’re not appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Ramsam said:

I think the club would be. The fans possibly less so as most the positive changes are behind the scenes but I would be. He is changing everything at the club for the better and installing a level of detail and professionalism that we lacked. He also showed that he could install a complete change of tactics at a crucial point in the season to get us in the play offs. Very impressive.

However, he can only work with the players he has and as I said in another thread, I think Fulham would only take Carson from our team. 

I'm not sure where your evidence is for any of that???

What is he changing which is bringing'a new level of professionalism and detail to the club????

And the change of tactics was forced upon him after a near disastrous run of losses that tumbled us out of the playoffs...he really had no choice but to try something very slightly different 

And yes,he can only work with the players he has...after bundling several of our more technically gifted players out of the door on loans or sales,that's entirely of his own doing......every manager in the division had the same choices to make.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I find it actually hilarious that people think that we couldn't get a better manager than Rowett. The ''BUT WHO CAN WE GET'' brigade needs to watch more football. 

I watch plenty of football pal, that's why I can say hand on heart if we lose Mr Rowett, it will not be good for our club, I would put money on Stoke having a good season  by that I mean promotion or play offs at the very least, be careful what you wish for, if Mr Rowett does make the move, we have lost a very good manager who will only get better with time.

4 hours ago, Derby blood said:

All the sky pundits for one example, all these have played the game, also many on talk sport think he is a good manger, prefer to listen to players who have played the game, not someone on  a Internet forum, who has never liked him from the moment he came through the door.

Sky pundits said Butterfield was best midfielder in the championship.they were wrong with that one as well.

Just now, swiftur said:

Sky pundits said Butterfield was best midfielder in the championship.they were wrong with that one as well.

He was one of the best midfielders in the championship before he joined us. 

11 minutes ago, swiftur said:

We just ruined him. Am afraid a lot of our recent managers past and current have the anti-Midas ability, everything they touch turned to excrement. 

Who would we replace rowett with who could make derby play exciting football again? Well personally I'd go for Steve bold correct me if I'm wrong but he was number 2 at arsenal soo probably learned a think or two from wenger and I'm assuming his play style would be similar also with having good links to arsernal maybe that would put us in a good position to get some quality loan signings 

40 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I watch plenty of football pal, that's why I can say hand on heart if we lose Mr Rowett, it will not be good for our club, I would put money on Stoke having a good season  by that I mean promotion or play offs at the very least, be careful what you wish for, if Mr Rowett does make the move, we have lost a very good manager who will only get better with time.

He may well be a good fit for Stoke who'll be favourites to go back up regardless who's managing them. 

To say there's not a single manager out there who we can attract, who can not do as well is just melodramatic. 

20 minutes ago, superrams23 said:

Who would we replace rowett with who could make derby play exciting football again?

Jaap Stam the Baker’s Man!

...I think my obsession for Dutch football might be getting out of hand...

14 minutes ago, feisty said:

He may well be a good fit for Stoke who'll be favourites to go back up regardless who's managing them. 

To say there's not a single manager out there who we can attract, who can not do as well is just melodramatic. 

No it's not, to replace Mr Rowett, will be a tough ask, look what happened to Brum, boring football we will get Zola in and play pure football nearly went down, we get Rednapp in, bottom 3 sacked, being a football manager is not the same as you playing on Fifa, anyone you understands football knows, Derby is a tough job, no money to spend, fans expecting promotion, hope Gary stays because HE is our BEST chance of promotion.

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

No it's not, to replace Mr Rowett, will be a tough ask, look what happened to Brum, boring football we will get Zola in and play pure football nearly went down, we get Rednapp in, bottom 3 sacked, being a football manager is not the same as you playing on Fifa, anyone you understands football knows, Derby is a tough job, no money to spend, fans expecting promotion, hope Gary stays because HE is our BEST chance of promotion.

Mate; that's a long sentence.  And who mentioned getting Zola or Redknapp in?

As i said elsewhere, my list would be Bilic, Oscar Garcia, Carlos Carvalhal, Paul Cook, McDermott;  (assuming Moyes out of reach)

2 minutes ago, feisty said:

Mate; that's a long sentence.  And who mentioned getting Zola or Redknapp in?

As i said elsewhere, my list would be Bilic, Oscar Garcia, Carlos Carvalhal, Paul Cook, McDermott;  (assuming Moyes out of reach)

That's who Brum got in after Rowett to bring success to the club, did it work ? That's what I am trying to point out, it's easy to think others could do a better job, but Gary has done a good job in VERY difficult circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

That's who Brum got in after Rowett to bring success to the club, did it work ? That's what I am trying to point out, it's easy to think others could do a better job, but Gary has done a good job in VERY difficult circumstances.

Attritional, dire football despite inheriting a talented squad and in circumstances much better than most Championship teams

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Why wouldn't it? SO many managers could do more and better. Just the fact that people think that because we sacked a few nobody will join us, which is wrong. I'd bet against Rowett doing anything at another club, and I would happily bet on the likes of Warburton doing so much more, the manager we should have signed. We don't have infinite time to give Rowett, time to either perform or leave. 

Archived