Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why? If Gary chose to go to Stoke, it would mean that we kept a manager for a year and a half without sacking him, and he himself chose to leave us. Wouldn't that prove that Mel is willing to stick with a manager? 

I hope Gary does go to Stoke to have a better time of it. 

Like I say the Derby job is a poison chalice 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Th3 criticism is horrendous 

Wow. You think ANY football manager doesn't get criticised? If you think a manager won't take a job because his feelings may be hurt by criticism, then you're delusional. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Rowett isn’t a let down like McClaren 

Didn't you just say you weren't obsessed with McClaren? You continue to prove it by permanently bringing him up where he isn't relevant. We get it. You don't like McClaren.

Just now, Andicis said:

Didn't you just say you weren't obsessed with McClaren? You continue to prove it by permanently bringing him up where he isn't relevant. We get it. You don't like McClaren.

Yep I don’t like what he did to Derby County. 

Newcastle job might be available watch out QPR. 

Just now, Andicis said:

I don't that's the case.

He loved McClaren, which is why it hurts him soo much.

Just now, curtains said:

What take us to the playoff final? Play decent football and get results? Be the best manager we’ve had since our relegation? Get the most points we’ve had in a season with 46 games?

Yeah I get you, absolutely awful what he did to derby.

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

The criticism is horrendous if your name isn’t Steve McClaren 

Boom! You're obsessed! 

You're wrong too. This place was full of criticism under Mac. "No plan b"... remember that? "Nigel Pearson would have this side promoted" and constant cries of "failure"

You were there with your "Are we good enough for the Premier League" thread.

And do you know what? He'll get criticised at QPR. Jose gets it at Man United and Warnock has had it at Cardiff. Rowett will get it here and anywhere else he goes. 

It's part of the job. Bad runs, bad signings every manager ever

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Boom! You're obsessed! 

You're wrong too. This place was full of criticism under Mac. "No plan b"... remember that? "Nigel Pearson would have this side promoted" and constant cries of "failure"

You were there with your "Are we good enough for the Premier League" thread.

And do you know what? He'll get criticised at QPR. Jose gets it at Man United and Warnock has had it at Cardiff. Rowett will get it here and anywhere else he goes. 

It's part of the job. Bad runs, bad signings every manager ever

This will probably get deleted 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

So the difference between Rowett and Mac is that Rowett got a new contract so Stoke looked elsewhere? 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

This will probably get deleted 

So by "he let us down" you mean you're a Newcastle fan?

I was going to go find a video by an Twente fan but then I remembered nobody gives a **** about how McClaren did there either. 

Let's stick to Derby mate. The team We're all here for. If I find a dedicated McClaren forum I'll let you know. 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So by "he let us down" you mean you're a Newcastle fan?

I was going to go find a video by an Twente fan but then I remembered nobody gives a **** about how McClaren did there either. 

Let's stick to Derby mate. The team We're all here for. If I find a dedicated McClaren forum I'll let you know. 

Thanks mate I’ll join you on it .

Archived